• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Word for the Defence

does anybody feel that Rose could be an upgrade on Benoit next season?

Going forward we're not producing much out wide down the left now that Bale has moved to a more central role. Rose should be able to give us more width and seems more likely to drive down the flank and put in a cross. Benoit tends to sit back quite often (not sure if this is AVB's plan tbf)

Dear GHod no. Benny is boss.

does anybody feel that Rose could be an upgrade on Benoit next season?

Going forward we're not producing much out wide down the left now that Bale has moved to a more central role. Rose should be able to give us more width and seems more likely to drive down the flank and put in a cross. Benoit tends to sit back quite often (not sure if this is AVB's plan tbf)

An upgrade? No.

A different option tactically? Sure.

Never mind when was the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league; Again, condeding goals from headers in the box from deep crosses or from set-pieces...

This year so far:

Manure (H)
Arsenal (H)
Inter (A) x2?
Swansea (A)
Basle (H)

It's become a common pattern; i don't know if any stattos can have a look at this, perhaps it's been a common pattern from the start? Either way, we are in that part of the season when blatent weaknesses like this will be highlighted for exploitation.

Summary: our defending from set-pieces and lofted crosses into the box is a bit of a worry.

Thoughts?

Never mind when was the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league; Again, condeding goals from headers in the box from deep crosses or from set-pieces...

This year so far:

Manure (H)
Arsenal (H)
Inter (A) x2?
Swansea (A)
Basle (H)

It's become a common pattern; i don't know if any stattos can have a look at this, perhaps it's been a common pattern from the start? Either way, we are in that part of the season when blatent weaknesses like this will be highlighted for exploitation.

Summary: our defending from set-pieces and lofted crosses into the box is a bit of a worry.

Thoughts?

The day before this thread started. Seriously.
This has cursed us.

This year so far:

Manure (H)
Arsenal (H)
Inter (A) x2?
Swansea (A)
Basle (H)

Thoughts?

I think if you look critically at Spurs, with a fully fit squad, the weaknesses are the Strikers and FBs (not saying either are brick, even if others will, but it's definitely areas than can be improved)

Too many crosses are allowed into the box, vs. us being particularly bad at defending imo.

I think we need to discuss our defending from corners/free-kicks again.....

Does anyone have a stat for conceded goals from set plays with Friedel compared to Lloris? I think we generally look quite a bit better with Lloris in goal, but not sure if stats would support that viewpoint. Not blaming Friedel for the goal yesterday by the way, it was a difficult situation to deal with.

I think it doesn't matter who the manager is, or the decade or the players........for whatever reason we can't cope with it. It is mystifying

Doesn't seem to matter what formation either! Be it a 4-4-2, a 4-5-1 or Ossie's Ardiles famous five... We still bloody conced!

It is strange isn't it? Can't remember the last time our deffence was solid but I was born in 1993 and I'm 100% sure it was beforre my life time.

Course we could cope with it, when we had King and Woody. Play a high line, track runners, cover for each other, score goals, last ditch tackles ? Check.

The only time we won something, beating the scum and chavs.

I do believe Verts will become more consistent, but AvB has got to stop chopping and changing our CD pairing, we need consistency back there. We need Kaboom and Daws, I think they developed a good understanding.

Verts should be number 1 defender with either Kaboul or Dawson, depends who earns the right to partner him.

Back