• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A shocked mouse?

Proper random thread

You should have (imv) at least shifted it out of the road and placed it in the grass, etc.

Probably was in shock, and since you were there it opted to stay very still hoping you wouldnt notice it or kill it.

Just an last resort to try and stay alive when it cant fight

Reminds me of the time we came into our house and a sparrow was sitting there in front of the TV. We prodded it and it kind of keeled over without making a sound.

We suspect it was brought in by the cat but the funny thing was there wasn't a scratch on it and also it was standing upright.

Probably was in shock, and since you were there it opted to stay very still hoping you wouldnt notice it or kill it.

Just an last resort to try and stay alive when it cant fight

Agree with this.

Our cats are mousers. I often see them playing with a mouse and intervene. The cat and mouse often are both just sitting there. When I pick the mouse up and release it through a neighbour's fence, the mouse runs off. Its a good tactic as when they make a run for it, the cat goes after it and usually catches it.

vmp14-reproB.jpg

Had the same thing with a hedgehog the other day. He was in the road and started moving across when i drove up to it. I got out the car to have a look and it just stood completely still. He must have been very scared.

Funny thing with critters like that, they can't percieve that we are just curious. Its 'Oh, brick im fudged' if we get closer, so i can't even imagine the stress we put them through :p

Funny thing with critters like that, they can't percieve that we are just curious. Its 'Oh, brick im fudged' if we get closer, so i can't even imagine the stress we put them through :p

Survival instincts really fudge them up sometimes. I had a rabbit run out into the road not so long ago. It was night time and it ran, got dazzled by my lights, managed to carry on as was practically on the other side of the road and safe, when it decides to turn back and run straight under my wheel... *POP* :(

Back