• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

4G

To start with its going to be 4 - 6 times faster than 3g, but buy the time the whole spectrum is made available it should be unto or around ( can't remember) 20 times faster.

So if like me your stuck on 8mb land line connection with no chance of that ever being increased then this is good news....well it would be if i could get a mobile signal.

Oh and the way the network is managed it will handle number of users much much better than the 3g network.

I'll still be fudged in any case.... Town of 100k people classed as in the sticks ](*,)

This is what's happening:

Orange and T-Mobile are two brands/trading names of the company Everything Everywhere. In the next couple of weeks, Everything Everywhere is making a 3rd brand called EE, which is basically gonna be the 4G version of Orange and T-Mobile. This brand will only do 4G, whereas Orange and T-Mobile will only do 3G, and will probably phase out now.

If you buy a 4G phone (right now only the iPhone 5) on Orange or T-Mobile now, you will be able to go on to EE whenever you want during your contract, however we don't know the prices.

They expect 16 cities/a third of the UK population to have 4G by the end of the year, and I can see this getting bigger at a great rate.

Whats the deal with this company getting 4G a year before the rest? How did they let that happen!?

I'm not so fussed about the speeds but will phones now work better in crowds e.g. at a spurs match will you be able to browse the net at half time

When i was in Vegas this year i could get 4G on my iphone 4S

Marketing gimmick, some international networks have been claiming the latest evolution of 3G is 4G. There have only been a handful of 4G LTE phones about over the last year and this is the first apple one.

4G will have much better coverage than 3G ever did but given the uptake of mobile broadband it will likely face the same problems with peak times and areas eventually.

No they didnt. Because they are effectively 2 old networks they can change some of their transmitters over because a lof them duplicate the same areas. The other networks obviously dont have this ability.

I thought it was due to EE owning some old 2 g spectrums, so they applied to run that as 4g. Unlike what is being auctioned off which is old radio and television spectrums. That's why in a year or so time you will get the full speed of 4g not this 4 times faster that EE is bringing out.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Why are these jokers complaining about EE?

Yeah it created a monopoly type environment but EE got 4G so why cant the others like O2 etc? Whats their issue - I read an article that theyre, along with Vodafone, are the moaniest.

Its a bit like Hoover complaining that Dyson has better technology and shouldnt use it.

Why are these jokers complaining about EE?

Yeah it created a monopoly type environment but EE got 4G so why cant the others like O2 etc? Whats their issue - I read an article that theyre, along with Vodafone, are the moaniest.

Its a bit like Hoover complaining that Dyson has better technology and shouldnt use it.

Ofcom held an auction which EE won. The next auctions for the last 3 pieces of spectrum come in 2013.

Orange did not win any auction. They applied to use some old spectrum they all ready owned. The auction in 2013 is for spectrum owned by the government.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Back