• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2016 - you bastard

Fidel Castro dead. What now, Cuba?

His brother has been running the show for the last decade and improving relations with America in the process. I think it will slowly become another western country. I like watching their boxers in the Olympics so I hope they keep the same standard there.

Nothing controversial to read there. He said the self evident, nothing more, nothing less. The media would attempt to distort whatever he did say in any event. Well he was a massive world political figure, he did take on the US, which was pretty brave and he did make massive social changes. Yeah good on him (Corbyn). Not going to be bullied into Group Think by our 'free media.'

Personally, I think that his fondness for dictators with dubious human rights records is a bit dodgy. The health service/education stuff with Castro has a heavy sniff of the 'Mussolini made the trains run on time' to me. If we criticise certain Conservatives for their weakness to dictators like Pinochet, then the left need to live by the same standards.

Haven't the Tories already achieved a lot of this? As Scara concedes, the unions are dead. Oh, it's only bad when the left destroy their political enemies. You would, if you lived the lives that those poor bastards did. Who other than Castro was ever going to deliver for the peasants and the under classes? The US, their stooges and the oligarchs?
The unions aren't political opponents, they're just mobs.

This thread on Castro and Cuba is very powerful

Powerful!!? I lived in Havana for 3-4 months while doing research. Exaggerated nonsense is more approprate than powerful. Those Tweets are bordering on 'false news'. @milo do you get any impression that these 'infromed' people tweeting, have any expertise or have even been to Cuba?

Most Cubans are poor, unless they make money from tourists, have relatives abroad or are in the top echelons of the party.

But compared to other Caribbean islands (who can trade with the massive US market!), Cubans are much much better off. Haiti, Jamaica...Cuba has better literacy than the U.K. Child birth mortality rates lower than most western countries. You don't see kids walking around barefoot as you would in Haiti, and while the economy is ineffective due to communism, the embargo stoping trade with the US 50 miles away would halt any country economically. The US trades with China without a second thought...the Cuban regiem is no different.

As we know Florida is a key state in US elections and the anti Castro Cubans in Floridia mean no president is brave enough to change things. Tho credit to Obma he tried to start the process.

How are those Tweets powerful?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
This thread on Castro and Cuba is very powerful

Well they would make these claims wouldn't they. These are the sons and daughters of the dispossessed drug dealers, pimps and Mafiosi. Of course they hate Castro. As for the bollox about Che, he had a minimal role in the government for a very short time and left very early on to carry out revolutionary acts in Bolivia, so more brick there, Yep, Castro did kill people, murderers and other scum from the Batista regime.

Big difference between stationing weapons in Cuba, and asking the premier to "launch" weapons. Are you still maintaining Castro wanted the USSR to launch weapons? Is that what those links backup!?

The man tried to goad Kruschev into launching nuclear weapons, knowing full well Cuba would be destroyed in the process.

Why would anyone who lived to 90 want to bring about their own untimely death in their 40s as well as all their people? Not sure your, or these commentators rationale stacks up. It's just a sexy headline.

Last edited:
Oh well a politician said it so it must be true. I tend to feel both the USA and USSR/China were prepared to prove their machismo in playgrounds where less superior races could slaughtered.

In the case of an American invasion attempt, I believe so.

[emoji23] you believe a leader had a death wish for himself and his country. Okay! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is about the level of analysis you see from press who want a click or a headline. It misses the actual interesting things about Cuba. Why Cuba is that much more developed than surrounding islands despite the lack of investment, it also denies us the chance to learn about the differences and good things that exist under a different political economic system. But forget learning from an alternative economic and political set up: Castro wanted to Nuke the USA!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Andrew Sachs - RIP.

5452fe8d6b84f59d20dcf94a476d5c1b.jpg

Back