• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2016 - you bastard

Superman III was one of my favourite films as a kid. He was a good villain albeit it wasnt the best film but it was so good because it wasn't great.

Crap year. RIP Robert Vaughn

Sent from my F8331 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It was a great film for the pure fact that it wasn't actually supposed to be a good film if you get what I mean? Its called Superman III but in reality it was the Richard Pryor show with guest appearances by Robert Vaughn and Christopher Reeve.
Absolutely love the bit where they are discussing how no one would draw attention to themselves having drawn off all those pennies in tax.....cue Richard Pryor steaming into the car park in the Red Ferrari! Good times watching that in the 80s!

I have never heard of him before, but I think we're just getting to a stage where the first generation of celebrities that were known world wide are getting old. Basically post WW2. In the not too distant future someone will be dying every day that was at some point known for something.

Jesus it gets worse this year, he was a amazing session guy who worked with all the major bands and artists. Was lucky enough to see him at the Paradiso in the Dam with Delaney & Bonnie. RIP

Watch this at one minute in you get some idea of who he played with.

Didn't know of him. Or at least didn't know of him by name -but as you pointed out, he must have been involved with so much music that I would have listened to over the years. So much talent that goes unrecognised by those not in the know. And from that clip he seems like a really humble guy.
Thanks for posting.

Almost single headedly introduced universal health and education into what until then was one of the most poverty stricken countries in Latin America. Also dumped tens of thousands of human scum, drug dealers and pimps into Florida, ha, ha. Also nationalised the assets of the US Fruit Company, which was another great deed.

Back