• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

Another closed-door friendly ? What is Pochettino trying to hide anyway ? It seems like he lacks full confidence in the team.
I think he terrified that his team is so bad if they played in front of a crowd someone would shoot him dead and possibly murder members of his family, or it might be that pre-season games are all about fitness and making a bit of cash. Playing Reading, Southend & Brentford in their stadiums would not make much difference. These games do not reflect how the team will start the season as anyone who can remember Darren Bent smashing in goals pre-season a few years ago will know. I'm sure Chelsea are bricking it after losing to Red Bull.

these training grund friendlies make sense to me, saves the faff of a late night somewhere up the motorway, instead just inviting the teams to come and play in our own pre season daytime timetable.

these training grund friendlies make sense to me, saves the faff of a late night somewhere up the motorway, instead just inviting the teams to come and play in our own pre season daytime timetable.
Yep I think you are right, it's the convenience factor. I'm sure also having these matches in our own backyard means that performances are analysed almost literally on the spot. Why have the best facilities in the country if you don't use them as effectively as possible?

I think our pre -season is very skewed, hardly any games and then 2 games on the tuesday/wednesday in germany and then we play the Saturday lunchtime game against Manyoo, thats not ideal preparation at all

I think our pre -season is very skewed, hardly any games and then 2 games on the tuesday/wednesday in germany and then we play the Saturday lunchtime game against Manyoo, thats not ideal preparation at all

We've been playing a game a week so far. ManU are traveling the globe.

there will be big question marks if we make a rubbish start to the season.............the planning seems very odd

of course if we get off to a flyer then Poch is a genius

So, looking likely that we'll be playing Manure in two weeks time with no further additions. How do we think we will do if that is the case?

At this time, does integrating just one or two players vs the number Manure are likely to have to/want to give us an edge in terms of cohesion?

I'd throw out a counter attacking side against UTD. With a couple of our first team late to pre-season and likely not ready (Lamela and Kane) and UTD looking good in pre season with a full squad to choose from, I'd take a draw. Set out a fairly solid midfield with perhaps Dier as a makeshift DM (as he has been for some of pre-season) and play Bentaleb and Dembele ahead. We will need some defensively solid performances from our wingers too.

So, looking likely that we'll be playing Manure in two weeks time with no further additions. How do we think we will do if that is the case?

At this time, does integrating just one or two players vs the number Manure are likely to have to/want to give us an edge in terms of cohesion?

Utd looked very strong last night, defensively watertight with the impressive Schneiderlin protecting the back line......i want to believe we can go there and spring a surprise, but I cant see us breaking them down and they have too much quality in attack so its a case of keeping the score down as much as possible

Players have flown off to Murica......the kids playing Scrabble? we have an intelligent bunch.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015...ng-travelling-party-as-spurs-head-to-denver/?

CK2BJ70WcAAXBOW.jpg

CK1-aRxWoAAlVCm.jpg

CK2AYGIWEAAaIsH.jpg

CK1_eBKWIAAinOt.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-07-26-at-15.35.15-770x470.png

Carroll saying that its Winks who smuggled the Scrabble set onto the plane. Good lad Harry

Back