• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/A-fantastic-opponent!

Michael Zorc (Sporting Director): “Tottenham are the most difficult side that we could have been up against, but it’s also a hugely appealing fixture.”

Thomas Tuchel (Head Coach): “I think it’s a golden opportunity; very difficult but also hugely appealing. We are looking forward to two exciting matches. On a personal level I’m looking forward to meeting a special Coach and I’m already looking forward to the amazing atmosphere in the return leg at White Hart Lane.”

I do like Dortmund, I have a shirt and scarf somewhere.

Only concern is I didn't want to draw a team of their calibre yet. It's an occasion to look forward to though. I'm very excited.

Budget flights have already gone through the roof.

Not quite Florence where you can make a bit more of a trip. No. 1 attraction in Dortmund seems to be the stadium!

Spurs have released a coach trip but don't fancy that....will wait to see if they do any day trips before booking alternative flights.

Not quite Florence where you can make a bit more of a trip. No. 1 attraction in Dortmund seems to be the stadium!

Spurs have released a coach trip but don't fancy that....will wait to see if they do any day trips before booking alternative flights.

What about flying to Dusseldorf and getting the train from there?

hqdefault.jpg

The toilets on those coaches are worse then the toilets in Latvia, they are quite frankly the worse toilets none to man, I would not get on one of those coaches for all the tea in China.

If we beat BVB then our odds would drop significantly. Right now we probably would be longer odds because we have arguably the biggest team in the tournament as our next opponents. If anything, now would be the time to start putting money on us.

We have probably had the hardest run of any of the teams in the competition. Anderlecht and Monaco are good teams, Fiorentina are currently in the top 3 in Serie A and now BVB. I don't think we could say it's been a weak competition this year.
Far from it. I'd go as far as to say that half of the teams in the EL last 32 are better or equal to half of the teams in the CL last 16.

Euro star to Brussels then change to Dusseldorf is what some people are doing now

thinking further on the draw - probably better to play the favorites (?) earlyish as winning should give you the incentive to go on and win the cup, whilst getting knocked out could be looked at as not delaying the inevitable and freeing us up to focus on the league

More parallels with Clough's Forest. After they qualified for the European Cup by winning the First Division title, they drew Liverpool, the reigning European Champions and favourites to win it again. Forest squeezed by Pool and went on to win in twice in succession. Dortmund are the best team in it ....if we beat them, who knows?

Can we dream yet?

What about flying to Dusseldorf and getting the train from there?

Düsseldorf is a lovely city. Only an hour on the train to Dortmund and you pass Bochum, Essen and Gelsenkirchen on the way. Bochum is good for nightlife. Cologne ain't too far away either.

Düsseldorf is a lovely city. Only an hour on the train to Dortmund and you pass Bochum, Essen and Gelsenkirchen on the way. Bochum is good for nightlife. Cologne ain't too far away either.

In your avatar, who or what was Fanny Walden?

I can't believe this draw, how Dortmund have become a power house in recent times, I look for their games in the Bundesliga, and watch them run all over the pitch, all day, every game. They have the winning mentality, something we are learning with every game on the way to the title race this season.

Two HUGE games, I am so happy we are in theese type of games at the business end of the season. Gonna be some fantastic football, can't wait to watch these.

COYS !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back