• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

20/21 Player Ratings and Thoughts

I actually don't mind Doherty. He can look ponderous, but I've seen enough of him to know he's a decent RB. Was important to us against Leicester and played okay. How many players look questionable in their first season? Would give him a 6. Not many others would I know.

I think there is hope for him yet.

Sell/release (in order of importance):
Hitchen
Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty
Davies
Sanchez
Foyth
Rose
CCV
Vinicius

Meh:
Levy
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Aurier
Tanganga
Toby
Hart
Dele

Keep:
Kane
Hojbjerg
Lloris
Son
Moura
Bergwijn
Bale
Skipp
Regulion
Sessegnon
Rodin

The meh’s will have to end up staying seeing as we know there is no way our chairman can even buy and sell enough players just to cover the ‘Sell’ list.... and there are several players in that group that we know have talent but need to rethink their application.

Kane 9, a long season for Kane and Son. Kept quiet in a few key games, otherwise could not ask more of him. Even lent a hand in midfield under Mourinho - as well as banging in goals! Keep if we can.

Son 7, should have given him a rest after Xmas. Looked tired a jittery in the final months. Keep.

Moura 7, showed his worth driving through the midfield. Needs more end product still, but can't fault his energy and drive.

Lamela 6, one of the better seasons from him. Can't believe anyone would pay more than he's worth as a sub/rotation for us. Keep.

Davies 5. Used to be a solid squad player. But lacking any confidence to attack he's not of a quality we need now. Sell.

Reggie 6. I think we know now, we don't have a finished article RB. He's got great promise. He will fly forward and have wonder games. But needs to feel grounded and at home still especially in defense. Keep.

Hojbjerg 8, played every PL game, and many more. He can pass, he can certainly tackle, just missed a few chances to tuck the ball away - if he added goals, and more consistency in his passing, would there be a better midfielder? Amazing signing for around 15m and makes a mockery of our 100m midfield. Keep.

Ndombele unratable! At times an 11. Some of his passes. Some of his shimmies. The talent is there. Can he put it together consistently so its not cameo performances? Keep.

LeCelco 7. He gives his all, and is creative. He will lose the ball sometimes as he's a player that needs to take risks.

Alli 6. Similar to LeCelco he needs to risk possession to come up with the goods. He failed under Mourinho because that was too much of a risk for Mourinho. Alli's game is more suited to high press. As losses of possession can often be recovered. Sell if we are keeping LeCelco. Only room for one of them.

Bale 7. He needs to be played as a striker. He has always been slow to get going. But when he is he's one of the few who can finish like Kane. Keep for another season, with no transfer fee he's decent value.

Winks 5. Fine as a squad player. Sell.

Sissoko 5. As above.

Toby 7. He has the experience and technique. Good for one more year. Keep.

Bergjwin 6. He needs to maintain some confidence. Internally, his head goes down too easily. Keep as no will pay enough.

Sanchez 6. He is getting better. But that is not good enough. Sell.

Dier 5. The guy needs time and practice at CB - not with us. Sell.

Tanganga 6. Has the right attitude. Needs more games. Loan.

Mourinho was brought in to win things. But his modus operandi was undermined when we conceded goals. Our defensive weaknesses undermined his systems, and our ability to play. To compensate he over complicated things. 5 is maybe too generous. I could see what he was trying to do, and he did have us top in December.

Mason, 7. Credit to him for getting the team playing on the front foot, and taking the shackles off. He's intelligent, can push buttons, but is not ready to manage us. Keep him around.

Levy 5. Clearly he knew what was coming with Kane, and hiring Mourinho was a roll of the dice to see he could deliver metal. Arse was about to hire Mourinho so Levy pulled the trigger and went for him. Was it a mistake? Of course. But can't fault his desire to try things. Sacking Mourinho and installing Mason - again can't fault him for acting quickly when the rot sets in. I wouldn't have sacked either Poch or Mourinho personally. But I don't think Mourinho would have delivered any more than Mason. As for our transfers, I don't think you can isolate Levy from Poch, he spent big two years ago and we got very little value from our 100m.

Pretty much spot on for me ..

Lloris 8 (keep)
Hart 4,5 (rid if we keep Lloris and bring in a young keeper for future 1st spot or return Gazza)
Doherty 5 (rid; not sure he has enough potential to upgrade his perfomances even to become a stable squad fullback)
Aurier 5 (rid if 20+m offer comes)

Reguilon 7 (keep)
Alderweireld 6 (keep; for one more season)
Dier 5 (REID; stupid and slow)
Sanchez 5,5 (rid; non trainable)

Rodon 6 (keep)
Davies 5,5 (keep)
Tanganga 6 (keep)
Hojbjerg 8,5 (keep)
Sissoko 4,5 (rid; lost his last and only benefits - physical power, pace, work rate)
Winks 3 (READ: RID, R-I-D, RIIIIIIIIID)
Alli 5 (rid if 40+m offer comes)
Lamela 5,5 (rid if 20+m offer comes)

Bergwijn 5 (keep as his last chance to break in)
Moura 6,5 (keep)
Lo Celso 5,5 (keep)
NDombele 6 (keep)
Bale 7,5 (keep on current deal terms only or better)
Son 8,5 (keep)
Vinicius 5,5 (rid; solid forward for championship/first league level side)
Kane 9,5 (
keep if it really suites both parties; rid if not, and we get at least 120+m)
Parrot (rid or loan)

Scarlett, Divine, Lavinier (keep)

Levy 6,5 (keep)

Last edited:
Pretty much spot on for me ..

Apart from calling Reguilon a RB, and missing out our two right backs [emoji23]

We have a lot of skilful players but not many leaders and players with real belief. Can see what Kane and Mourinho were getting at: you need those street wise player who’ll see the game drifting and do something to wrest back control. Players like Troy Deny show leadership on the pitch. He doesn’t have the skills but we need more players who have his mentality. This season we let teams get on top too often. ironically Mourinhos tactics encouraged it. We gave up possession and said come into us - can’t do that in the modern game the balance wasn’t right. We let teams play themselves into form. While trying to bolster our defence Mourinho made us too static, we have to push forward to control games.

another clam like Hojbjerg in midfield and a big commanding CB and we might secure Kane for another year.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I actually don't mind Doherty. He can look ponderous, but I've seen enough of him to know he's a decent RB. Was important to us against Leicester and played okay. How many players look questionable in their first season? Would give him a 6. Not many others would I know.
Started the season okay then fell off a cliff. How much was that due to JM's man management? Who knows.

But signs yesterday he's well on the way back. Great strike that eventually led to Kane's goal.

Keep.

Last edited:
For me we had a benefit of playing europa and getting fitness up quicker than most
Then the players lost their heads after the Liverpool defeat
Leicester at hike was shambolic with some classic serge and sissoko defensive work
Hugo had an odd season... some woeful lack of leadership form the back combined with some great games and some periods where his form was as good as any season
The better played shone and the stupid players made their errors that cost the previous manager his job
What’s key now is we can see exactly what the problems are and where. That’s a good place to be compared to the past IMO

Lloris - 7. Kept us in games this season with his typically magnificent saves, but I think it's finally coming time for our captain - the game's moved on beyond his typically excellent saves in terms of what keepers are now expected to do (organize the defence, command the box, play like a sweeper, distribute passes, be cool when pressed).

What to do with him: If he's content to stay another season, buy his replacement now, and keep him for his last season with us, and tenth at Spurs overall (which means he'll get his testimonial).

Hart - 4. Shaky when he did play, but thankfully, he rarely did. Apparently a good voice in the dressing room, though.

What to do with him: Move him down to third place, replace him with a new keeper to back up Lloris and then replace him in 2022/two new keepers, if Lloris goes.

Aurier - 6. Decent, but he'll never cut out his errors, and is an average right-back even at his best.

What to do with him: Sell. For whatever we can get for him.

Matt Doherty - 2.5. Awful right back, awful wing-back...just awful. Goon fan as well. Why on Earth did we get this guy?

What to do with him: Flog him immediately and eat the loss.

Japhet Tanganga - 6. Frustrating season for Japh, with glimpses of his potential, but also with frequent injuries and general underutilisation.

What to do with him: Keep. He's versatile enough to serve as backup RB and backup CB as well.

Toby Alderweireld - 6.5. Rarely put a foot wrong, but unfortunately, his physical limitations have now caught up with him - too slow, weak in the air. Still a master distributor, but time's up for Toby, unfortunately.

What to do with him: Sell. Maybe back to Ajax to be their wise head, if they're interested.

Davinson Sanchez - 2.5. The biggest goddamn disappointment in defence, because he has the potential to be magnificent, but is let down by not having a brain and two left feet - every time.

What to do with him: Sell, if we can scrape 20m-30m out of some fools who don't mind a brainless defender if he's got a bit of pace.

Eric Dier - 2.5. Promising early season, even with error after error in judgement - they weren't punished, and his 'leadership' and ability to block shots stood out more than all the other flaws in his game. Toward the end, though, he became truly, breathtakingly atrocious - bad at everything, good at absolutely nothing. Slow, poorly positioned, can't pass, can't tackle, can barely head. What a shame his career's turned out this way, at only 27.

What to do with him: Sell, to whomever will have him. He isn't even HG.

Joe Rodon - N/A. Barely used this season, but while he did make errors like everyone else, in his brief minutes, he showed promise. Rarely beaten in the air, reasonably fast, decent at distribution.

What to do with him: Keep. He has a future here, I hope.

Sergio Reguilon - 4. Honestly, a brilliant opening few games, but then that Christmas party, his injury, and....just things in general, seem to have combined to turn his performances atrocious. Poor distribution, poor decision-making, feeling sorry for himself, being outmuscled, outthought...poor opening season on the whole.

What to do with him: Keep. There's talent there - it just disappeared for some reason. Hopefully it comes back.

Ben Davies - 5. Anonymous, except when he was caught out by any winger with a bit of pace and a turn in him.

What to do with him: Sell. Would be good for Palace or someone who doesn't mind a 5/10 performance at a minimum, and a 6/10 performance at the maximum.

Danny Rose - N/A. Why is he still here?

What to do with him: nothing, his contract runs out in a couple of weeks.

Lads on loan:

Paulo Gazzaniga
- 6. Apparently helped keep Elche up.

What to do with him: Sell, if Elche want him. If not, some other La Liga team might.

Juan Foyth - 7. Apparently had a quietly impressive second half of the season at Villarreal. Up and down beginning, but settled once he got a permanent berth at RB.

What to do with him: Sell, if Villarreal want to activate his 15m clause.

Cameron Carter-Vickers - 6. Apparently did a decent job for Bournemouth.

What to do with him: Sell. Clubs at Champo level will be interested, and he's HG as well.

Ryan Sessegnon - 7. Struggled initially, but grew into his role at Hoffenheim as the season wore on. Bulked up a bit, and got more comfortable at LB.

What to do with him: Keep. Bring him back and let him fight it out with Reguilon for first-choice LB next season.

Overall thoughts: Defence and GK are the worst-performing grouping by far this season. I'm already up to 9 in my sell list, highlighting the scale of the revamp and rebuild needed - total, and complete.
He asked you to rate the chairman?...I fast scrolled to the bottom with my popcorn ready:D

Barely competent post imv.

Edit: brick...I didn't scroll far enough....l knew you wouldn't miss a tap in:)

It was a terrible season, there's no hiding that. The team was supposed be be pragmatic and difficult to beat with the the special one masterminding our tactics. It was a shambles with a pick and mix selection method and a team playing without any faith in the plan.

Many players lost form and confidence and some proved not up to the challenge. I've never been one to knock our players as I believe nobody plays badly on purpose but I've listed the players we need to improve on if we are to stay in touch with other leading clubs. There are many and I dont think it will be possible to make those changes quickly.

Lloris
Hart
Aurier/Doherty
Rose
Dier
Sanchez
Sissoko
Lamela
LoCelso/N'dombele
Vinicius (unlucky did not get a run of games)
Clarke
Carter Vickers

Not going to be an easy ride.

For me we had a benefit of playing europa and getting fitness up quicker than most
Then the players lost their heads after the Liverpool defeat
Leicester at hike was shambolic with some classic serge and sissoko defensive work
Hugo had an odd season... some woeful lack of leadership form the back combined with some great games and some periods where his form was as good as any season
The better played shone and the stupid players made their errors that cost the previous manager his job
What’s key now is we can see exactly what the problems are and where. That’s a good place to be compared to the past IMO

Felt like going top was the worst thing for us. We were developing - improving the defence and starting to show some solidity. But when we went top, we stopped developing. It was like - well this is working - and all we did was try and hold out defensively. When actually we needed to ignore the table, and say - we've made some improvements but there is a lot more to work on. Games like the Arse one were a warning sign to those who could see it. We won, but there was no way we'd do that all season playing as we were. THe players and maybe Mourinho became too precious because of the table.

Lloris – Had one of his best seasons for us. Solid. One of our best players by far, in my opinion. Keep.
Hart – Did nothing to convince me he should stay – maybe he’s got a presence that’s helpful off the pitch, but on the pitch, I’d rather use someone else. Sell.
Doherty – Did well initially, but has just crept into his shell. We should sell if there’s an opportunity, but he can still come good, in my opinion.
Aurier – Another decent season from Aurier. Will never be the player we hoped for him to be though. Sell.
Reguilon – Was fantastic for a long while, but dipped along with the team. Lots of talent there – definite keep.
Alderweireld – Our most solid man at the back, although he’s aging. Keep.
Dier – Just not good enough of a CB. Far too many mistakes in every single match. Sell.
Sanchez – Showed so much promise, but just can’t get another chance. Not good enough. Sell.
Rodon – Young and promising. Thought he’s been decent when on. Keep.
Davies – Mr Consistent. Very average player, but decent squad player. We might as well keep him.
Tanganga – Shows a determination and effort that a lot of people can learn from. Homegrown as well. Definite keep for me.
Hojbjerg – One of our best players this season. Dipped a bit after x-mas, but overall mr reliable, and if it weren’t for him, we’d be way further down the table.
Sissoko – Not good enough. Sell.
Alli – If we get a chance to cash in, we should. But I won’t cry if we don’t. Still got a lot of football in him, just needs to find a bit of form. I want him to find his form again. Keep.
Lamela – I really like Lamela, but would be sensible to sell him if a decent offer came in. Sell.
Bergwijn – I like him. I think he’s got a lot more in his locker. Keep for me.
Moura – He’s done his share for the club, but ultimately, he’s just dumb as a brick – you can’t keep running into walls expecting it to miraculously work. Sell.
Lo Celso – There’s a good player in here, just been injury ridden. Keep.
NDombele – I love his skill, but I have to say, he’s a bit of a luxury player. Seems quite moody. I really hope the new guy can get the most out of him. If he doesn’t kick on this next season – sell. But keep for now.
Bale – I’d love for us to keep Bale. Natural footballer. Brilliant to watch.
Son – One of our very best players, definite keep.
Vinicius – I’d like for us to keep him, but he’s as good as gone.
Kane – We need to keep Kane for at least one more season – no discussion.

I’d also like is to keep Foyth, Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrot, Scarlett, Divine and all the young promising lads (possibly loan a few of them out).

Kane player of the season for me, obviously. Højbjerg and Lloris after him, then Son and possibly even Bale. Apart from them, there haven't been many shining lights.

I honestly think Dele is a world class player if he just finds his form again. So not saying we absolutely should sell him if we get a good bid, but who knows with footballers and regaining form.

Lloris – 7 - keep
Hart – 5 - get rid
Doherty – 4 - get rid
Aurier – 6 - keep
Reguilon – 6 - keep
Alderweireld – 6 - keep
Dier – 5 - get rid
Sanchez – 5 - get rid
Rodon – 6 - keep
Davies – 6 - keep
Tanganga – 6 - keep
Hojbjerg – 7 - keep
Sissoko – 5 - get rid
Alli – 5 - keep
Lamela – 5 - get rid
Bergwijn – 5 - get rid
Moura – 6 - keep
Lo Celso – 6 - keep
NDombele – 5 - get rid
Bale – 7 - keep
Son – 7 - keep
Vinicius – 5 - get rid
Kane – 8 - keep

Hugo Lloris - keep
Matt Doherty - keep (deserves two full seasons before we make a decision)
Sergio Reguilón - keep
Toby Alderweireld - sell if we get a decent offer
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - keep
Davinson Sanchez - sell any price
Heung-Min Son - only sell if we get a good offer
Harry Winks - sell any price
Gareth Bale - keep
Harry Kane - only sell if we get a good offer
Erik Lamela - sell if we get a decent offer
Joe Hart - sell any price
Joe Rodon - keep
Eric Dier - sell any price
Moussa Sissoko - sell any price
Giovani Lo Celso - keep
Dele Alli - keep
Steven Bergwijn - keep (deserves two full seasons before we make a decision)
Serge Aurier - sell if we get a decent offer
Japhet Tanganga - keep
Lucas Moura - keep
Tanguy Ndombele - keep
Ben Davies - sell if we get a decent offer
Alfie Whiteman - sell any price
Carlos Vinicius - buy
Danny Rose - release
Ryan Sessegnon - recall (loan again if he/manager feels he's not ready)
Juan Foyth - recall (loan again if he/manager feels he's not ready)
Paulo Gazzaniga - recall
Oliver Skipp - recall
Jack Clarke - loan
Cameron Carter-Vickers - sell any price

Hugo Lloris - keep
Matt Doherty - keep (deserves two full seasons before we make a decision)
Sergio Reguilón - keep
Toby Alderweireld - sell if we get a decent offer
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - keep
Davinson Sanchez - sell any price
Heung-Min Son - only sell if we get a good offer
Harry Winks - sell any price
Gareth Bale - keep
Harry Kane - only sell if we get a good offer
Erik Lamela - sell if we get a decent offer
Joe Hart - sell any price
Joe Rodon - keep
Eric Dier - sell any price
Moussa Sissoko - sell any price
Giovani Lo Celso - keep
Dele Alli - keep
Steven Bergwijn - keep (deserves two full seasons before we make a decision)
Serge Aurier - sell if we get a decent offer
Japhet Tanganga - keep
Lucas Moura - keep
Tanguy Ndombele - keep
Ben Davies - sell if we get a decent offer
Alfie Whiteman - sell any price
Carlos Vinicius - buy
Danny Rose - release
Ryan Sessegnon - recall (loan again if he/manager feels he's not ready)
Juan Foyth - recall (loan again if he/manager feels he's not ready)
Paulo Gazzaniga - recall
Oliver Skipp - recall
Jack Clarke - loan
Cameron Carter-Vickers - sell any price

Not a bad shout except Foyth is not in our control, his loan club has option to buy with price set already

Hugo Lloris Keep but bring s omeone in to compete with him
Matt Doherty - Sell
Sergio Reguilón - Keep
Toby Alderweireld - Sell
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Keep
Davinson Sanchez - Sell
Heung-Min Son - Keep
Harry Winks - Sell
Gareth Bale - Send back
Harry Kane - Keep if we can ( although we need money to strength the team.)
Erik Lamela - Sell
Joe Hart - Sell
Joe Rodon - Keep
Eric Dier - Keep
Moussa Sissoko - Sell
Giovani Lo Celso - Keep
Dele Alli - Sell
Steven Bergwijn - Keep
Serge Aurier - Sell
Japhet Tanganga - Keep
Lucas Moura - Keep
Tanguy Ndombele - Unless he stops playing like a show pony Sell
Ben Davies - Keep if we get a decent offer
Carlos Vinicius Keep if we can
Danny Rose - Get rid
Ryan Sessegnon - Recall
Juan Foyth - Recall
Paulo Gazzaniga - Sell
Oliver Skipp - Keep
Jack Clarke - loan
Cameron Carter-Vickers Sell

A lot to move on there but we need to have a good clear out.

My belated views on this season. Strangely for one that was so bad there were moments of a lot of promise. Even under Jose at times it seemed like he had stumbled upon a system that could work, but he could keep it up and his natural instincts came to the forefront.

Lloris
Strange season, very good at times, some ridiculous decisions at others. On balance kept us in games more than he threw them in. 7.5 KEEP

Hart
Rubbish. 0 SELL

Doherty
Gave him the season but see no reason to give him another. 3 SELL

Reguilon
Very good start, he looked the complete player. Then the injury and he just hasn't looked confident since but the pre injury form was enough for me. 6 KEEP

Davies
Useless in possession and far too easily dribbled past by any attacker with a modicum of dribbling ability. Not even a good CB. 3 SELL

Alderweireld
If only because it makes sense to have an experienced head and no money is going to be made from Toby at this point. But I think the next season needs to be his last and the one where he is properly phased out. He looks like hes ready to be rolled into a can of dog food. 6 KEEP

Tangana
So much potential, looks good at RB but I think he has every chance of making an excellent CB, a little short but still good in the air. 7 KEEP

Hojbjerg
One of the few bright sparks last season but he needs help. 7 KEEP

Sanchez
There is some talent there but visibly wilts when he makes a mistake. Not strong enough mentally. 4 SELL

Dier
Damn awful decision-making. Look at pretty much any goal conceded with him on the pitch and he's gone and done something bloody strange and stupid in the process. 3 SELL

Aurier
I would rather keep him than Doherty, but we seemingly have a deal to sell him to PSG and the funds will be needed. 7 SELL

CCV

Promising but yet to breakthrough. Time to sell. SELL

Winks
Calling him mediocre is kind. Not good enough to start, not good enough as a squad player. 2 SELL

Lamela
Lots of drive and fighters mentality. Just a shame it's not married to ability. Has the right ideas but vastly overrates his ability to dribble. Loves to overly hang on to the ball and his passes are either too slow or just inaccurate. Has 0 shooting power and decision-making is atrocious. I do like Lamela but he's not good enough and never has been. 4 SELL

Rodon
Super promising and I saw no reason Dier or Sanchez were starting ahead of him towards the tail-end of the season. A bright spark. 7 KEEP

Sissoko
If this guy is still at the club next season I give up. Useless. Can't pass. Can't control a ball. Hides, points. No positional sense, no anticipation. Does a disservice to the word useless. Burn him with fire. 0 Sell or release just get him out of the squad

NDombele
There's a talent as evidenced at times with us and the matches I have seen before he joined. Hasn't had the right coach at all for his game. Next season is absolutely make or break for him. 6 KEEP

Lo Celso
Injury hit season, but he still shows some quality. I'm hoping a competent coach will be able to use him effectively. Hes a worker not an RWF, nor do I think hes directly suited to the no10 role. I think he like Ndombele were bought for either side of a diamond. Whether another coach can make something work remains to be seen. But there is talent and adaptability present. 6 KEEP

Alli
I would rather sell him than Kane or Son. I don't believe hes as good or has the potential that many think he does. For me a good player in a fairly specific system and I don't see him thriving in other roles. If we could get a decent fee I think hes one that can be sacrificed for the greater good. 4 UNSURE

Bergwijn
Again there is talent, I do think a season and a half under Mourinho has killed his confidence. Needs to find a bit more instinctual play. Looks frightened and under pressure to impress. 5 KEEP

Moura
Until this season very much one I wanted to sell. Has done enough to earn a sub role. In an ideal world he isn't a starter because we have better players but a great option to have as a sub or alternative. 6.5 KEEP

Son
Dependent on whether he signs a new deal or not. I'm a massive fan but he isn't without his faults. His contract situation is precarious, and I would under normal circumstance say he must be sold if he won't sign and extension, but I have massive doubts in our ability and willingness to aggressively buy a replacement. Along with possibly having to replace Kane at the same time, that would be 90% of the goals gone from this side in one summer. Not a good look at all. 7.5 KEEP

Bale 6
Not worth the money spent, might actually be needed if Kane and Son leave. Some moments of brilliance but a lot of uninterested play to go with that. UNSURE

Kane
Obviously, but if he demands to leave we have to replace. 9 KEEP

Vinicius
I would keep although of course his price is a concern. We know he can score and we are now probably needing to replace Kane. So replacing Kane/Son as well as Vinnie seems a tall order this summer. Might be wisest to keep. 6 Keep

Juan Foyth
I like him, I would like him to have another go and be tried as either RB or DM. I think he has the game for either. KEEP

Paulo Gazzaniga
Would rather keep him than Hart. But if money needs to be raised... KEEP/SALE

Mourinho 2
Poor choice as the coach. Never suited the players we had nor the language of the club.

Mason 4
Boderline clueless but got us out of the rut. Made some horrific decisions at times. Sissoko in the CC Final and not starting Rodon in any of the end of season matches. We still looked uncoached which is understandable even his experience level. But I will say he was positive and I think more than anything that is what this side needed. It needed to feel like they could attack and to keep attacking even when the chips were down. Him being able to rewire their thinking somewhat in that short time frame is a decent indicator that he might do well in the role at a club were he isn't so personally attached to some of the players as his mates. *cough cough* Dier.

Back