• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I think next season the lad will be better. He is just 22 and I think time is on his side. I cannot deny he has frustrated me at times but I hope and expect him here next season

He has improved but I still think it will be a big risk if we go into next season without another option in the squad who can play CF (whether an outright CF, or another Son type who can play there)

He has improved but I still think it will be a big risk if we go into next season without another option in the squad who can play CF (whether an outright CF, or another Son type who can play there)

I agree, we keep Janssen and buy another CF. We need to win at least one of four trophies next season

The last month he's played a total of 189 minutes and got 2 goals and one assist. So that's a direct involvement in a goal every 63 minutes.... Small sample, but it shows that he hasn't featured much, but he definitely contributes.

The last month he's played a total of 189 minutes and got 2 goals and one assist. So that's a direct involvement in a goal every 63 minutes.... Small sample, but it shows that he hasn't featured much, but he definitely contributes.

Not forgetting the important penalties he won (and scored) earlier in the season.

Problem is attracting a player when they know their gonna be second fiddle to kane

I'm not talking about signing a £30m - £40m player. I mean a young CF who categorically doesn't expect to start. Similar sort of scenario to when Liverpool signed Origi in summer 2016 - was never going to start and didn't play much last year but was an option in the squad and could be given time.

I just don't think we have enough options at CF currently; Poch showed in the CL this year that even if a first choice player (eg Kane) wasn't starting, then they were more than likely to be on the bench. That means that that player doesn't get a mental break even if they've been rested on the bench because they still need to be ready to play and, for away games, still have the tiring aspects of travel.

We need to be able to give players a complete week off at some points otherwise it impacts performances and increases the chances of injuries. We just don't have that depth at the moment in some positions (e.g. need a back-up CF, need another genuinely decent CB and need another attacking CM)

Zaha will come in and provide another option at number 9 IMO. I think that is a sensible way for us to improve our squad cover in a few positions with one signing of the right age, skill and physicality.

Zaha will come in and provide another option at number 9 IMO. I think that is a sensible way for us to improve our squad cover in a few positions with one signing of the right age, skill and physicality.

And Pace, the one thing we really miss.

Alli/Kane etc are not slow - but we need someone with his sort of pace

Back