• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I don't really like calling them "victims" because it sounds like a dig over Hillsborough.

But I certainly think they are a cult, particularly on forums like RAWK. At the end of every summer transfer window the past couple of years, their fans go way overboard about their squad, I remember (again from RAWK) them being very critical of our depth and lauding theirs. A few injuries (for them and us) and reality kicks in, but they all forget about a few months ago when we were "nothing to worry about" and they were gonna compete for the league.

All fans are deluded, its part of being a football supporter.

However Pool are unique

- No club has ever played the victim card more than them
- They have finished below us 6 out of the last 7 seasons, they have never won the PL, last league title was 89/90 (27 years ago)

Yet, I can guarantee more Pool supporters and more media Pundits (just deluded ex Pool players) will start next season believing they are bigger legitimate title contenders vs. Us/Scum/United ... That takes a special kind of stupid/delusion ...

You get no disagreement from me about Liverpool fans, but we have many deluded fans as well ( maybe not as many) you only have to hear them in the pubs, read what they have to say on forums, teletext, Facebook etc about how ( when we lose) its all about poor refs, being kicked to death by the opposing team etc, etc. How there is LOTS of conspiracy theories spread about why we fail to win games.

All fans are deluded, its part of being a football supporter.

However Pool are unique

- No club has ever played the victim card more than them
- They have finished below us 6 out of the last 7 seasons, they have never won the PL, last league title was 89/90 (27 years ago)

Yet, I can guarantee more Pool supporters and more media Pundits (just deluded ex Pool players) will start next season believing they are bigger legitimate title contenders vs. Us/Scum/United ... That takes a special kind of stupid/delusion ...
You have to remember that they would have won the league this year (also) if it were not for:
  1. They're the only side that's had injuries
  2. Because of those injuries, they didn't have the depth in squad they should have had.
  3. They didn't get those 3-4 world class players in. Next transfer window (again) will sort that out.
  4. Their other players will become world class as soon as they get those world class players they didn't get last transfer window.
  5. If only FSG would pay decent wages (they have the 2nd highest wages) they'd instantly play better.
  6. There's a conspiracy against Liverpool. Referees, pundits, the F.A, other fans, clubs, the whole world is against them.

Last edited:
You get no disagreement from me about Liverpool fans, but we have many deluded fans as well ( maybe not as many) you only have to hear them in the pubs, read what they have to say on forums, tacoter, Facebook etc about how ( when we lose) its all about poor refs, being kicked to death by the opposing team etc, etc. How there is LOTS of conspiracy theories spread about why we fail to win games.
We certainly do have our fair share.

It seems to me we have a significant amount of fans that have to moan constantly, even now as things are going so well for the club as a whole. And I don't mean fans bemoaning a bad call by the ref or a mistake every now and then. That is fair enough. It is the 'fan' that is just waiting for something to go wrong so they can start spewing their bile again. They have forgotten how to enjoy football.

Could it be that simple that you compare people you know, in person, with people you "know" though any random internet fourm, like RAWK?

Behind the keyboard, we are all different, you know.

I have family who used to play in the 60's and Sugar treated them very badly, he wouldn't visit the stadium while he was there for this reason - the new owners are treating them well even supporting financially through an operation.
Making them pay for tickets - When inviting them to events putting their wives in other parts of the ground - just generally making them feel unwelcome and a drain on the club. He said he would never go back but ENIC have really changed the vibe - it may be for the marketing possibilities but regardless chalk and cheese with Sugar.

You have to remember that they would have won the league this year (also) if it where not for:
  1. They're the only side that's had injuries
  2. Because of those injuries, they didn't have the depth in squad they should have had.
  3. They didn't get those 3-4 world class players in. Next transfer window (again) will sort that out.
  4. Their other players will become world class as soon as they get those world class players they didn't get last transfer window.
  5. If only FSG would pay decent wages (they have the 2nd highest wages) they'd instantly play better.
  6. There's a conspiracy against Liverpool. Referees, pundits, the F.A, other fans, clubs, the whole world is against them.

They are the most lefty fans in the world until one of their players are racist then its the other players fault, not really racist. He bites someone and "he apologized and is really nice off the pitch" but if one of their ex-players even holds the Sun it is the worst thing in the world and will never be forgotten.

I don't really like calling them "victims" because it sounds like a dig over Hillsborough.

Yes. A taboo subject.

Victimpool does in part relate to Hillsborough. It underpins the entire culture of their fan base.

LIverpool fans have used the death of 96 innocent people (including one of our own) to promote their narrative. The narrative of the victim. It is their symbol of persecution. Proof that everyone is against them; the Police, politicians, the FA, UEFA, FIFA, the newspapers, television, the authorities, other fans. Everyone. The whole system is stacked against them.

But most important of all, it allows them to airbrush Heysel out of history. Heysel isn't relevant because Liverpool were the victims of a worse tragedy. Every young Liverpool fan knows about Hillsborough, few know or understand Heysel and the 39 victims of Liverpool fan violence. And the victim narrative continues even when they do (very rarely) acknowledge Heysel happened. They are the victims, not the 39 people who died. It was the Belgian authorities fault for not segregating fans and expecting Liverpool fans to behave, it was the Police's fault, it was not Liverpool but Chelsea fans who committed this atrocity. And so on.

It is the forgotten tragedy because Liverpool fans work very hard to bury it under Hillsborough.

Let me be clear, I despise Arsenal football club and their fans, but whether I like it or not, we share values, location and a culture with them. They are the same as us, they just made an awful choice in their football club. And that is all that separates us. But there is something fundamentally different about the Liverpool fan culture. It is deeply unpleasant with its need for that cult-like control of the messaging to cover up those dark secrets, the group action to snuff out any dissent, the reporting of any dissent by other fans. It is controlling, sinister even.

They have a culture of never admitting a mistake. It is always someone elses fault. They are alway the victims. But people died. And this is why their victim culture is not acceptable.

I will never forget watching Heysel unfold on television. Nor will I ever forgive Liverpool Football Club and their fans for minimising it and airbrushing it from history.

Last edited:
All this anti Liverpool stuff makes me laugh. It's like the attitude of Londoners towards northerners during the middle ages. they were really feared and not even considered as countrymen in some quarters. To hold these views in the 21st century is well...primitive in my book. As for the Liverpool paranoia, I think it has been proven that the club was the victim of a conspiracy... is that even in dispute anymore? Heysel... I think the authorities, stadium management and 'sections' of both sets of fans share the blame for that. Once again is this really in dispute? I cannot see any relevance between what happened at Hillsborough and Heysel, apart from the fact that both disasters involved Liverpool. Anyway what's your problem, did someone play I Wanna Hold your Hand in a constant loop whilst you were locked in a room for ten years or something?

I worked three years as a football journalist a few years ago. I wrote about the premier league, saw matches and wrote about them. I never got any abuse by anyone, except from Liverpool fans. Time and again. Emails and comments. Personal attacks. I didn't really care, until after one article where i wrote Torres had been in an offside position when he scored, which some clearly didn't agree with. They looked up the fact that i was a spurs fan, and posted about it in the comments, fine really, but then one guys posts my home address and suggests waiting for me there a Saturday night to give me a beating.

An empty threat, obviously, but they went absolutely bonkers on there. Our editor had to close the comments to get rid of the abuse.

Minor thing, of course, but it kept repeating itself. The vile and angry mails and comments were pretty much always from Liverpool fans. Even Norwegian fans seem to have this victim conspiracy culture in them, it seems.

I worked three years as a football journalist a few years ago. I wrote about the premier league, saw matches and wrote about them. I never got any abuse by anyone, except from Liverpool fans. Time and again. Emails and comments. Personal attacks. I didn't really care, until after one article where i wrote Torres had been in an offside position when he scored, which some clearly didn't agree with. They looked up the fact that i was a spurs fan, and posted about it in the comments, fine really, but then one guys posts my home address and suggests waiting for me there a Saturday night to give me a beating.

An empty threat, obviously, but they went absolutely bonkers on there. Our editor had to close the comments to get rid of the abuse.

Minor thing, of course, but it kept repeating itself. The vile and angry mails and comments were pretty much always from Liverpool fans. Even Norwegian fans seem to have this victim conspiracy culture in them, it seems.
You're a journalist? Ah ffs.

;)

Heard Mick (Liverpool are great) Quinn on radio this morning, apparently Palace had two nailed on penalties turned down last night. So now refs must give decisions in favour of Liverpool even in games they are not playing in, oh how he wishes he could go back to the 70/80's and all those dodgy decisions.

Just seen their new kit for next year plasted all over the back are references to hillsborough, jeez will they never give it a rest

Missed out on european competition because of Liverpool:

European Cup
Everton
Arsenal

European Cup Winners' Cup:
Everton
Coventry City
Wimbledon

UEFA Cup
Oxford United
West Ham United
Manchester United
Sheffield Wednesday
Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal
Norwich City
Manchester United
Nottingham Forest
Everton
Queens Park Rangers
Luton Town
Nottingham Forest
Norwich City
Derby County
Tottenham Hotspur

They should be giving these teams their place whenever they qualify for europe - WE WANT JUSTICE!

Back