• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I'm sure he said before that he hadn't been offered a new contract.

One of the podcasts with a Sky reported discussed this in some detail, there is a lot of informal, verbals with club/player/agent before any contract offer is made, especially when it comes to extensions, so that when you get to the actual contract offer its mostly done.

I do agree it would be a feel good thing, so the club should get it done. I do wonder if the club is considering raising the ceiling a little bit, and therefore is working out how to manage the next round that would have to follow with our top tier players, hence that is part of delay.

One of the podcasts with a Sky reported discussed this in some detail, there is a lot of informal, verbals with club/player/agent before any contract offer is made, especially when it comes to extensions, so that when you get to the actual contract offer its mostly done.

I do agree it would be a feel good thing, so the club should get it done. I do wonder if the club is considering raising the ceiling a little bit, and therefore is working out how to manage the next round that would have to follow with our top tier players, hence that is part of delay.

Hopefully doing likewise with Rose. If we can afford to pay more, and paying more jerks our first team here, then it's cost effective. We need to be financially astute but should be equally mindful of staying competitive within the market due to the financial advantages of success.

Bollox to all of that financially astute stuff though we got a massive bundle comming in from cl, sky etc ... we are not poor!

I think Toby is one of our most important players. Can't understand why the club are allowing this to drag on. He surely should be paid on a par with Lloris and Kane now rather than left on the reported 55k per week he is now on.

Maybe he wants something out of the deal we are less comfortable with?

Perhaps he wants a release clause? If so how on earth do you agree on one with the market as mental as it is? And should we even go there?

It might not necessarily just be a wages thing.

I think Toby is one of our most important players. Can't understand why the club are allowing this to drag on. He surely should be paid on a par with Lloris and Kane now rather than left on the reported 55k per week he is now on.
Read back a bit and all will be revealed.

Back