• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Highlights from yesterday. It's actually impossible to see exactly where the ball goes into the net in that first goal. Ten points to whoever figures it out. :p well, ok, judging from the bounce in the net you can make it out, but no way to actually see the ball trajectory from that camera angle.

Some lovely goals in there. Especially goal two is pretty insane. Who's the guy with the assist for that? Shashoua, yeah? Looks very skilled. Ready for first team action according to windycoys.

Last edited:
Highlights from yesterday. It's actually impossible to see exactly where the ball goes into the net in that first goal. Ten points to whoever figures it out. :p well, ok, judging from the bounce in the net you can make it out, but no way to actually see the ball trajectory from that camera angle.

Some lovely goals in there. Especially goal two is pretty insane. Who's the guy with the assist for that? Shashoua, yeah? Looks very skilled. Ready for first team action according to windycoys.
Yep, one goal and two assists for Shashoua, not a bad days work. Certainly on that display looks pretty much on a par with Edwards.

This is an interesting interview with Chris Ramsey, talking about his time at Spurs, working with John McDermott on the 12-year plan to improve our youth set-up, the focus on development over winning- and how they put this into practice.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...s-park-rangers-tottenham-including-harry-kane

And there's a refreshing take on the collective responsibility for the plan's success (in contrast to a certain you-know-who).
Ramsey repeatedly stresses that Spurs' success on this front is a group effort brought about by the efforts of many people, including Perry Suckling who transformed the way the goalkeepers play, Richard Allen who excelled in recruitment, as well as Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand, who oversaw the final stages of development.

This is an interesting interview with Chris Ramsey, talking about his time at Spurs, working with John McDermott on the 12-year plan to improve our youth set-up, the focus on development over winning- and how they put this into practice.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...s-park-rangers-tottenham-including-harry-kane

And there's a refreshing take on the collective responsibility for the plan's success (in contrast to a certain you-know-who).
Ramsey repeatedly stresses that Spurs' success on this front is a group effort brought about by the efforts of many people, including Perry Suckling who transformed the way the goalkeepers play, Richard Allen who excelled in recruitment, as well as Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand, who oversaw the final stages of development.

I've watched our youth teams since Perryman and Souness played and in the last few years I've noticed there is a distinct lack of critical shouting at the players and there appears a strong team spirit within all the teams. I've always believe results are unimportant at that level and the job is to produce 1st team players rather than win cups. The time to be cortical is after a game and when your on the training pitch.

Damn, he looks good. Not just technically good, but rapid, and deceptively strong as well.

Do you think he's any closer to the first team than Edwards is?

I still think Edwards is better, he just has that extra x-factor in the final third. Shashoua is a bit more diligent in his defensive work though so that could put him ahead in Pochettino's mind. I don't think there's any rush with him at the moment though and I wouldn't expect him to start being integrated into the first team picture for probably another 18 months yet, Edwards on the other hand I would think will be introduced into the senior fold next summer.

I wouldn't really say Shashoua is rapid by the way but he has that Modric/Iniesta-like short burst to get away from opponents.

Oliver Skipp seems to be one to watch.
I have to admit I haven't heard of Patterson. Any insight anyone?

Typical small and technically gifted attacking midfielder that we churn out for fun, strikes the ball well and takes a mean set-piece. I say small but he seems to have had a growth-spurt recently and he's a bit more sturdily built than the likes of Shashoua and Edwards were at the same age, one to keep an eye on(or ear out for) but he's got a way to go yet. Skipp, despite only turning 17 in September is already a pretty complete player, I really don't think he'd look out of place amongst the first team but it seems we're happy for him to keep playing games and developing - IMO he's ahead of Oakley-Boothe despite the latter being called up by Poch to train with the first team(I think he might be injured currently though).

Brooklyn Lyons-Foster is the other standout from the 1st year academy players. Dilan Markanday and Paris Maghoma are decent talents too but not at the level of Skipp and Lyons-Foster just yet.

Skipp, despite only turning 17 in September is already a pretty complete player, I really don't think he'd look out of place amongst the first team but it seems we're happy for him to keep playing games and developing - IMO he's ahead of Oakley-Boothe despite the latter being called up by Poch to train with the first team(I think he might be injured currently though).

He's been the standout academy player for me, in the games that I have seen this season. I've been really impressed with him and he looks a very mature player for his age.

He's been the standout academy player for me, in the games that I have seen this season. I've been really impressed with him and he looks a very mature player for his age.

He looks about 40! I agree though; looks incredibly composed, experienced and tidy on the ball

I've only seen Oakley Booth twice and He looks tidy but nothing special, there again I didn't think Perryman was up to much when I first saw him as a kid, though the Scots lad was much better.

I've only seen Oakley Booth twice and He looks tidy but nothing special, there again I didn't think Perryman was up to much when I first saw him as a kid, though the Scots lad was much better.

He was a real standout at U16 level even for England amongst the likes of Sancho, Foden, Gomes, Brewster etc but he was a bit underwhelming last year. I think he's still trying to work out what kind of player he wants to be whereas Skipp by comparison knows exactly what he is. He is still a good talent but I'm a bit concerned at how little football he's playing, he's only started one U23 game and I don't really get why he can't keep playing games whilst also training with the first team. I can see him dividing opinion if/when he starts getting games for the first team as similar to Onomah he has a languid kind of playing style, whereas Skipp is full throttle and gets through a ton of running so fans will automatically take to him. The frustrating thing with Oakley-Boothe is that he's so good at driving past opponents with and without the ball but he so rarely does it and instead plays the easy pass, obviously there's a balance to be had between the two but sometimes you just want to shake him and tell him to back himself more.

He was a real standout at U16 level even for England amongst the likes of Sancho, Foden, Gomes, Brewster etc but he was a bit underwhelming last year. I think he's still trying to work out what kind of player he wants to be whereas Skipp by comparison knows exactly what he is. He is still a good talent but I'm a bit concerned at how little football he's playing, he's only started one U23 game and I don't really get why he can't keep playing games whilst also training with the first team. I can see him dividing opinion if/when he starts getting games for the first team as similar to Onomah he has a languid kind of playing style, whereas Skipp is full throttle and gets through a ton of running so fans will automatically take to him. The frustrating thing with Oakley-Boothe is that he's so good at driving past opponents with and without the ball but he so rarely does it and instead plays the easy pass, obviously there's a balance to be had between the two but sometimes you just want to shake him and tell him to back himself more.
Thanks Yoof, always enjoy your insight on the youth players.

Back