• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Needs to go out on loan in Jan surely. I don't see how young players are meant to develop with playing much and he'd be our third choice RB
Pretty sure for him to have agreed a contract that is exactly the sort of thing that would have been discussed and resolved to his satisfaction.

Poch basically doesn't do loans unless it's to spell the end. Lennon, Stambouli. Pritchard, Bentaleb, Townsend, Veljkovic, Fazio, Coulthirst, Yedlin and Fredericks all went thataway.

So either he plans on selling Trippier - which seems unthinkable following his sparkling performance against Southampton - or he can see a way to continue developing KWP even without too many first team opportunities at this stage.

Poch basically doesn't do loans unless it's to spell the end. Lennon, Stambouli. Pritchard, Bentaleb, Townsend, Veljkovic, Fazio, Coulthirst, Yedlin and Fredericks all went thataway.

So either he plans on selling Trippier - which seems unthinkable following his sparkling performance against Southampton - or he can see a way to continue developing KWP even without too many first team opportunities at this stage.

there was an article recently that suggested Poch/the club were going to change their outlook on how they use loans - there's no point sticking to something like that if you have high potential young players coming through but not enough room for them in the squad at present.

Time will tell obviously but assuming that things wont ever change would be foolish

there was an article recently that suggested Poch/the club were going to change their outlook on how they use loans - there's no point sticking to something like that if you have high potential young players coming through but not enough room for them in the squad at present.

Time will tell obviously but assuming that things wont ever change would be foolish

This? The implication being that these players are seen as possibly having a future at the club but may be loaned out in a change in policy.

The same account also recently tweeted that Ryan Loft is going out on loan to Stevenage, and Will Miller's loan to Burton has been extended for the rest of the season. I thought Miller was supposed to have some promise? He went on the pre-season trip to Oz I recall. Not sure about Loft, haven't really heard his name much since returning from his Braintree loan last season.
@Yoof : any thoughts/info on Miller and Loft?

@Yoof : any thoughts/info on Miller and Loft?

If you're asking in terms of whether they're future 1st team material then It's highly unlikely imo. Loft is a solid target man type striker and can finish but he's not the quickest or most agile and the rest of his game is a little clunky. Miller is tidy and industrious but lacks standout ability for me, if someone like Alex Pritchard can't make it here then it's very difficult to see how Miller can but I'd love to be proven wrong.

My brain is struggling to compute why Poch would promote KWP to the senior squad and then immediately send him out on loan.

Not quite sure how that works. Surely you are either part of the senior squad or you are out on loan?

Did we get compensation? Cheatski chunts

Tottenham lost promising youngster Nya Kirby to Crystal Palace.

csi
csi
csi
csi

sddefault.jpg

A report in The Times has shed fresh light on the circumstances which led to Nya Kirby's summer departure from Tottenham Hotspur.

The promising England youth international was highly rated at Spurs, and surprisingly made the decision to leave the club in the summer after his head was turned.

csi
csi
csi
csi

The Times report Chelsea had agreed a move, beating competition from Manchester United, only to be met with fierce opposition from Tottenham Hotspur.

tottenham_chairman_daniel_levy_172665.jpg
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

This meant that despite Kirby featuring for Chelsea in a pre-season youth friendly, his move to the Blues was blocked.

Tottenham threatened to report Chelsea to the FA for 'tapping up', prompting their London rivals to back off and pull out of a move.

Kirby eventually has settled at Crystal Palace, who Tottenham are pursuing via the FA for compensation via tribunal.

The midfielder even had a trial at Arsenal after leaving Chelsea's set up before Palace took him on, and the Eagles have made an application to the FA to register him.

tottenham_and_chelsea_players_clash_171103.jpg
Tottenham and Chelsea players clash

That article is from November. Just listening to the fighting rooster extra inch youth special podcast

I like how fiercely we're sticking it to Chelsea wherever we can - I think there was an article earlier where it was mentioned that we raised a stink about Steve Holland holding his dual role with both England and Chelsea because of the risk of him leaking information on our players' fitness levels and general condition to the c*nts in blue. Dunno if that's been resolved, but we should absolutely keep challenging the b*stards on whatever we feel they're getting an unfair advantage from.

CCV and Winks showing very clearly why we don't have to send young players like them out on loan. I'm sure Bruce and most Championship managers would bit our hands of to have them on loan, but it turns out we can develop them ourselves without a loan to where the can step in and be much better than Villa players

CCV and Winks showing very clearly why we don't have to send young players like them out on loan. I'm sure Bruce and most Championship managers would bit our hands of to have them on loan, but it turns out we can develop them ourselves without a loan to where the can step in and be much better than Villa players

Was watching closely the performance of Winks and Grealish, there is only 6 months difference in their ages, Grealish has almost 100 games against Winks 13. Winks won hands down, Grealish only wanted the ball when he had time and space and did little with it when he did get a chance, he goes to ground far to easily. I understand he's playing in a weaker side but I was expecting far more after all the hype there had been about him in the past.

Was watching closely the performance of Winks and Grealish, there is only 6 months difference in their ages, Grealish has almost 100 games against Winks 13. Winks won hands down, Grealish only wanted the ball when he had time and space and did little with it when he did get a chance, he goes to ground far to easily. I understand he's playing in a weaker side but I was expecting far more after all the hype there had been about him in the past.

They are different types of players though to be fair and you would expect a winger like Grealish to be like that.

I think it is the sheer amount of prospects at the club that means it might be sensible to loan a few out.

That article is from November. Just listening to the fighting rooster extra inch youth special podcast
Just finished listening to that this morning. I found it very interesting. Of course it's only the opinions of three Spurs fans who follow the youth team, but they seemed to be in agreement on most things and certainly very knowledgeable.
I think Windy said they'd do a follow up in a few months.
Recommended listening for anyone wants to know more about our academy players.

Needs to go out on loan in Jan surely. I don't see how young players are meant to develop with playing much and he'd be our third choice RB

KWP is only 19, so he's fine with the U21s for another season or two.

If he's not usurped Trippier by the time he turns 21, he needs to move on (like Fredericks/Smith/Ifil before him).

If he usurps Trippier before then, then Trippier needs to move on (like Yedlin/Naughton/Corluka/Gunter before him)

Keeping more than 22 senior players is harmful to player development, squad morale and the health of lower league football. Poch has got this spot on - loans should be avoided apart from as shop windows for 20YOs about to be released.

Back