• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

We had our chance, but waited too long. Same with Oscar. We need to get them in as soon as they show up on our radar, can't wait one or two seasons to make absolutely 100% sure they're the real deal.

I absolutely agree with you and the proof of this is Sandro and to some extent Modric.

I've got no doubt that had we not got in there early for Sandro then he would be at another club.

I'm actually really tinkled off right now because we know the same thing will happen with Willian & Moutinho. ](*,)

We had our chance, but waited too long. Same with Oscar. We need to get them in as soon as they show up on our radar, can't wait one or two seasons to make absolutely 100% sure they're the real deal.

Risky business for a club with our finances and not in keeping with recent Daniel Levy transfers. My heart agrees with you though, but my brain tells me these aren't your 5 or 6 million risks you're talking 10's of millions and that's unlikely to happen under the clubs current regime at present.

Risky business for a club with our finances and not in keeping with recent Daniel Levy transfers. My heart agrees with you though, but my brain tells me these aren't your 5 or 6 million risks you're talking 10's of millions and that's unlikely to happen under the clubs current regime at present.

The main problem is work permits. There are many clubs in Portugal, Italy and Spain that find these talents and bring them over at reasonable prices.

We didn't wait too long at all.

We simply refused to be railroaded into paying well over the odds for a player who, at the time that we were first interested, had a mere handful of appearances in Brazilian football - most of them against regional teams.

Notwithstanding the fact that Spurs are short of quality strikers, it amazes me that so many Spurs fans get so worked up about Damiao when, in truth, they know little about him. Internacional, as is their absolute right, have always overvalued him and consistently moved the goalposts whenever Spurs have met their demands.

He's good. But he's not Messi. He's not Falcao. He's not even Forlan. His goal scoring record at club and international level doesn't suggest that he's a £25 million player (or whatever Internacional are now demanding for him). We can get just as good (or better) for less. So I hope that we've stopped wasting time trying to get him.

It would be nice if we hurried up getting someone else, though!

You're not telling me that you STILL believe that he might come to Spurs are you?!?

We wont be spending £20m+ on a player till we have the new stadium finished

I find i often disagree with points you make, but on this one. That you have said quite regualry i totally agree. Nor would i want us to either. Im a big critic of levy's but i respect this side of his approach.

The are signings out there that we can make that would not break the bank. Also when talking about our slow approach in the transfer market i think we should mention with regards youth players.

Because the bostock and to a lesser extent parrett deals have not worked out i feel we stopped focusing on youth, where as if we had continued with that appraoch we may have got powell(love him) or zaha.

The are young players out there right now we should look to sign up as well as players at clubs that have been dropped and could do a very good job for us. That we did not resign berbatov still disgusts me.

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Nottingham Forest have signed Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton on loan until January

Daily Mail says we're looking at Sampdoria striker Mauro Icardi.

Mauro Emanuel Icardi Rivero Fonseca Nacimiento.

Argentine footballer who plays as a striker. Holds an Italian passport.

19 years old, height: 1.81m.

Moved to Spain at age 6. Belongs to Barcelona, but on loan at Sampdoria. 2 goals in 9 games this season.

New Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez hopes to beat former club Inter Milan to Brazil international Paulinho by making the 24-year-old Corinthians midfielder his first signing at Stamford Bridge.

Full story: talkSPORT

Benitez, who has signed a seven-month deal at Chelsea, says the Blues' England duo Frank Lampard, 34, and 31-year-old Ashley Cole are set to leave the club when their contracts expire at the end of the season.

Full story: Daily Mail

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, 26, and 22-year-old Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle are top of Benitez's shopping list for the January transfer window.

Full story: Metro

Atletico Madrid have not given up on signing Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 25, for £40m in the summer.

Full story: the Sun
Michael Dawson

Michael Dawson has not started a Premier League game for Tottenham this season

Harry Redknapp's first transfer target when he is appointed Queens Park Rangers manager will be to raid his old club Tottenham for centre-half Michael Dawson, 29.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Brazil striker Leonardo Damiao is keen to join his former Internacional team-mate Oscar at Chelsea. The 23-year-old would cost the Blues around £15m.

Full story: the Sun

Liverpool and AC Milan are set to battle it out for Barcelona winger Christian Tello, 21, who is out of contract at the Nou Camp in the summer.

Full story: talkSPORT

Arsenal are ready to fight Italian side AC Milan for FC Copenhagen's 19-year-old Danish striker Andreas Cornelius, who is dubbed 'the new Nicklas Bendtner'.

Zenit St Petersburg have made a move to re-sign Andrey Arshavin from Arsenal. The Gunners bought the playmaker, now 31, from the Russian side for £12m in 2009, but will only expect to recoup around £3m.

Marseille's Ghana international winger Andre Ayew, 23, has admitted he would welcome interest from West Ham.

The agent of Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Douglas Costa has welcomed Tottenham's reported interest in the 22-year-old Brazilian but insists that he is not looking to move.

Full story: Tuttomercatoweb (in Italian)

Liverpool and Stoke are set to battle it out for the signature of Lazio forward Mauro Zarate. The 25-year-old Argentine cost the Italians around £16m but could leave for as low as £7m.

Full story: Footylatest.com
OTHER GOSSIP
Mark Clattenburg

Mark Clattenburg will return as the fourth official at Tottenham v West Ham this weekend before taking charge of Southampton v Norwich on Wednesday

Chelsea will hold talks with referees' chief Mike Riley as part of a reconciliation attempt with Mark Clattenburg.

Full story: Daily Mail

However, Clattenburg fears his dreams of officiating at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has been shattered by the John Mikel Obi racial abuse allegations.

Harry Redknapp will get a £1m-plus bonus on top of his £3m per year salary if he saves QPR from relegation this season.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted he may quit next year. The 70-year-old, who was at the unveiling of a statue to mark his quarter of a century in charge at Old Trafford, said: "I've had 26 years at the club so far. And when the time comes and I decide to hang up my boots at - who knows? - maybe 27 years, I think it will be a testimony to the work I've done at the club."

Full story: Daily Express

Wigan's Ivory Coast striker Arouna Kone, 29, has revealed he decided to move to the DW Stadium despite interest from other Premier League clubs.

Full story: Guardian

Arsenal's 20-year-old midfielder Jack Wheelchair believes he is improving with every appearance but thinks it will be Christmas before he is 'back to his best'.

Full story: skysports.com

Tottenham goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini, 39, believes Italian football must follow the example set by the English game if the hooligan element in his home country is to be eradicated.

Full story: Evening Standard
AND FINALLY

A hotel in west London has changed the name of its top floor suite to Rafa Benitez to 'honour' the new Chelsea coach - saying the room is perfect for short stays.

Paris SG announced the signing of Ashley Cole on their official twitter feed for a few seconds this afternoon

The tweet was later deleted

Pjanic 'aware of Tottenham interest'

Miralem Pjanic insists he is happy at Roma and will not leave, even though he is “aware of Tottenham’s interest.”

The midfielder has repeatedly been linked with a January transfer to White Hart Lane, especially after a row with Coach Zdenek Zeman.

“The start of the season has been complicated by the injury and the new style of football the team is adopting, which is more direct and less constructed,” Pjanic told L’Essentiel.

“I have faith in my capabilities and the club has been close to me during this difficult period.

“I am aware of Tottenham’s interest, but I have no intention of leaving Roma. The club was clear, I have a three-year contract and without doubt will remain here.

“Our problem in Serie A is that we are dropping points, but are perfectly capable of competing for the top three positions.”

http://www.football-italia.net/27674/pjanic-aware-tottenham-interest

Paris SG announced the signing of Ashley Cole on their official twitter feed for a few seconds this afternoon

The tweet was later deleted

Apparently his mum put it on twitter a couple of weeks ago too..

Its obv he will go for the biggest pay cheque, at least if he fudges off to France we wont have to see his face on tv anymore

Pjanic 'aware of Tottenham interest'

Miralem Pjanic insists he is happy at Roma and will not leave, even though he is “aware of Tottenham’s interest.”

The midfielder has repeatedly been linked with a January transfer to White Hart Lane, especially after a row with Coach Zdenek Zeman.

“The start of the season has been complicated by the injury and the new style of football the team is adopting, which is more direct and less constructed,” Pjanic told L’Essentiel.

“I have faith in my capabilities and the club has been close to me during this difficult period.

“I am aware of Tottenham’s interest, but I have no intention of leaving Roma. The club was clear, I have a three-year contract and without doubt will remain here.

“Our problem in Serie A is that we are dropping points, but are perfectly capable of competing for the top three positions.”

http://www.football-italia.net/27674/pjanic-aware-tottenham-interest

This is who we need.

Back