• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Parking the bus isn't as effective when your forward has to come deep to get the ball all the time

Dembele has the right attributes to step up and become a beast of a forward. All he lacks is the chance so far and experience

He can get them both with us and it would be a good move all round

I suspect that there will be other genuine interest too though

But seeing what has happened with Alli, is there a more attractive place for him to get for his next step?

Having his national team captain, and not having to move city, must also be a draw too

We might only have 20 games left this season (worse case scenario in both the cups)/14 weeks. How many of them is he likely to start? Very few. He'll be our CF Wimmer

Anyone we sign will be primarily to let them bed in a bit for next season.

BTW - he previously featured in the EPL (a little) in 13-14 season
Hopefully only 1 or 2.... But just one unfortunate moment for Kane and it would be 20.

Personally I hope that the club aren't planning only for best case scenarios. That being said Dembele would be better than nothing and at least we would then have twice as many number 9s in our first team squad than we do currently.

Its amazing the arguments people bring up to discount someone they don't like but wont apply the same logic to players they like....its bizarre really

How about the arguments against a player that are NOTHING to do with Love/Hate and more to do with the way the player plays and how said player will/will not fit into our set-up?

It's shiny new toys syndrome. People always fancy other players over our own ones, even though about 85% of new signings flop.

No it's recognising where we need improving.

I'm not even sure why you'd compare Chadli and Dembele to Austin tbh not only are Chadli and Dembele different from one another in both skill set and position, both play in different positions to Austin - the player you're comparing them to.

As for 85% - I would love to see your working on that one especially that since our reshuffle in player recruitment our record in the market has been pretty good.

No it's recognising where we need improving.

I'm not even sure why you'd compare Chadli and Dembele to Austin tbh not only are Chadli and Dembele different from one another in both skill set and position, both play in different positions to Austin - the player you're comparing them to.

As for 85% - I would love to see your working on that one especially that since our reshuffle in player recruitment our record in the market has been pretty good.

Berahino and Austin aren't improvements - they are 'bad old Spurs' type signings. A Bent and a Rasiak.

Poch likes to keep a tight 22/25 man squad. If you bring in them, 2 have to go. Chadli and Dembele had been dropped out of our front 8 (4x2) to accommodate them in the O/P about this.

Berahino and Austin aren't improvements - they are 'bad old Spurs' type signings. A Bent and a Rasiak.

Poch likes to keep a tight 22/25 man squad. If you bring in them, 2 have to go. Chadli and Dembele had been dropped out of our front 8 (4x2) to accommodate them in the O/P about this.

Austin and Berahino may or may not be improvements - you just flatly saying they aren't doesn't make it so - just the same as you saying what Poch wants in terms of squad size doesn't make it so either.

Keep throwing out names of bad forwards - all it does is show you don't know much about Berahino, one minutes he's Defoe the next it's Bent or Jay Rodriguez, make your mind up :D

Last edited:

Er...sorry but how is Berahino a 'Bent or Rasiak' type of signing??

Defoe is goals, pure and simple, people can argue the toss but you can package him and Berbatov in different clothes but goals are goals, Defoes record in this league is unreal,,,

Irrelevant because there are a number of reasons as to why we will not be signing him

I don't think a drastic change in formation like that is beneficial for us at this point. Son is seemingly Kane's primary replacement at the moment, particularly with Clinton. We can easily use Son in our current line-up with Kane in the side. I imagine that's what Pochettino wants in any new striker coming in, the ability to fit into our current system with Kane in there too.

And therein lies the rub because we do not seem capable of beating a premier league side if Kane does not start

His first 2 were offside and he was playing an out of form team chasing the game with 10 men most of the game!

It is irrelevant that 2 may or not have been offside, he got a hatrick, besides I have seen us struggle against 10 men many a time

Back