• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

I don't think we'll sign a striker this window. Unfortunately. We should have had one lined up for January 1st, but we didn't. Doesn't look like we'll do anything, other than perhaps offload one or two if the price is right.

I truly think that not signing a striker could put Pochs Spurs career on the line

It's clear that Kane can't last 90 minutes at the moment as the main man, he has faded massively in the last few league outings and that will naturally get worse rather than better due the volume of games he will play

At the summer he will play more games at the euros and so will most of the team so no rest again

We could possibly drop from our champions league berth this season due to having no cover so we could we starting next season in Europa again, with some tired players!!!!

Some could easily have a Liverpool esque start to next season and the pressure will ramp up and fans will turn (fans were moaning last night on the train)

If we sign an alternative/cover for Kane rye impacts can only be positive surely ... Even if it's short term.

Interesting. That being the case why hasn't Son started more games alongside Harry? Also, this new "partner" for Harry does not obviate the need to find a back up for Harry. Indeed, who would this partner replace in our current set up? Eriksen, Alli or Lamela?

I don't think Poch is talking about switching formations. Just using WFs in his AMs.

He mentions Jay Rodriguez, who played in exactly the same LWF role as Berahino does (and where SB played when Kane played CF for the U21s).

For me it's probably a WF (Son or new) playing instead of Eriksen

We could do worse than sign Berahino and Austin, imo.

1st choice: berahino--kane---lamela
2nd choice: son--austin---eriksen

quickish tricky goalscorer---number 9 goalscorer---hardworking creative player.

We could do worse than sign Berahino and Austin, imo.

1st choice: berahino--kane---lamela
2nd choice: son--austin---eriksen

quickish tricky goalscorer---number 9 goalscorer---hardworking creative player.

Son is better than Berahino

Chadli and Dembele are better than Austin

We also have Njie and Pritchard

We'd just be bloating our squad with inferior players

He's highly rated but do people expect him to come in and make an immediate impact? I think that we also need to remember that Poch tends to be slow introducing new players.

I don't actually think that's true: Toby, Son and Alli were quickly introduced into the side this season, and he did immediately integrate Soton signings into his first eleven when he managed them as well (Wanyama being one example, although injuries restricted his visibility that season, I think).

I don't think Dembele is anywhere near ready to be our rotation/replacement option for Kane, but if he is, I don't think Poch will hesitate when it comes to throwing him in at the deep end.

Breel Embolo, Borja Gonzalez, Inaki Williams, Laurent Depoitre, Sebastien Haller and Ademola Lokman all mentioned as players we're looking at. Berahino is apparently off the table.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...omwich-Albion-dig-in-over-Saido-Berahino.html

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

He's highly rated but do people expect him to come in and make an immediate impact? I think that we also need to remember that Poch tends to be slow introducing new players.

We might only have 20 games left this season (worse case scenario in both the cups)/14 weeks. How many of them is he likely to start? Very few. He'll be our CF Wimmer

Anyone we sign will be primarily to let them bed in a bit for next season.

BTW - he previously featured in the EPL (a little) in 13-14 season

Last edited:
And in how many of those games did the opposition park the bus and try to hit Sunderland on the break?

Parking the bus isn't as effective when your forward has to come deep to get the ball all the time

Dembele has the right attributes to step up and become a beast of a forward. All he lacks is the chance so far and experience

He can get them both with us and it would be a good move all round

I suspect that there will be other genuine interest too though

Back