• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Sissoko cost us a goal against spammers (1 - 1 draw) as he didn't close down the attacker, but since the shot was a stunner Sissoko doesn't get the blame. Aurier jumps in and causes penalty equals instant blame.

I am no huge fan of Aurier as he has much to prove, but this being his first season in PL he gets leeway

Seriously?? Is that the level of scraping the barrel that we have now reached in the Sissoko witchhunt? Not closing a player down in an innocuous position 30 yards from goal as opposed to brain fart after brain fart after reckless brain fart?

I looked for Real Madrid and Juventus in the EPL tables but could not find them! Even if they were, nobody has taken Aurier to task for his game plan; it's his unreliability that has been unacceptable. As aptly said by Rio Ferdinand: ‘He’s rash and he’s let his team down far too often.’ Those have nothing to do with adapting to the EPL.

Once again, I repeat my previous question to you:

Would be your apologetic reaction have been the same if Sissoko (in his first 6 months):
- cost us a memorable win at the Bernabeu
- got ridiculously sent off against the Spammers seriously jeopardising what was a walk in the park into a nail biting hanging on exercise
- almost undid one of the best first halfs in recent Spurs history by a ridiculous, stupid, pathetic, idiotic, naive, incompetent, sick dive at the legs of an opponent, when there was no chance in f**k of getting even close to the ball.

Answers on a postage stamp...

There is no barrel to scrape with Sissoko. It is a barrel full of flaws. Not closing down is just another error from the big man. Look at the footage. Aurier from right back position is closer than Sissoko who starts from midfield position. The shots goes down as goal of the month. Without pressure, any player can score from there.

Aurier is rash. Rose is rash. Walker is rash. Poch got results from Rose and Walker and will hopefully do the same with Aurier. As previously stated, I am no fan of Aurier. Poch has gotten results and I am willing to wait on my decision whether Aurier is crap or not. Today he has lots to learn, and he should be capable or be replaced.

Sissoko was a total dud, as proven under Saudi Sportswashing Machine and France colors. Aurier has everything to prove coming from a different league. Everybody knows that players need one season to settle. Eriksen, Modric, Bale .... Remember that Bale chap? Needed 25 matches to win.

There is no barrel to scrape with Sissoko. It is a barrel full of flaws. Not closing down is just another error from the big man. Look at the footage. Aurier from right back position is closer than Sissoko who starts from midfield position. The shots goes down as goal of the month. Without pressure, any player can score from there.

Aurier is rash. Rose is rash. Walker is rash. Poch got results from Rose and Walker and will hopefully do the same with Aurier. As previously stated, I am no fan of Aurier. Poch has gotten results and I am willing to wait on my decision whether Aurier is crap or not. Today he has lots to learn, and he should be capable or be replaced.

Sissoko was a total dud, as proven under Saudi Sportswashing Machine and France colors. Aurier has everything to prove coming from a different league. Everybody knows that players need one season to settle. Eriksen, Modric, Bale .... Remember that Bale chap? Needed 25 matches to win.

This might be true, but Poch doesn't give it to everyone. Stambouli springs to mind, Janssen too. Hopefully Aurier will do enough between now and the end of the season to show he deserves more time, but Poch doesn't automatically give signings more than one season.

Seriously?? Is that the level of scraping the barrel that we have now reached in the Sissoko witchhunt? Not closing a player down in an innocuous position 30 yards from goal as opposed to brain fart after brain fart after reckless brain fart?

I looked for Real Madrid and Juventus in the EPL tables but could not find them! Even if they were, nobody has taken Aurier to task for his game plan; it's his unreliability that has been unacceptable. As aptly said by Rio Ferdinand: ‘He’s rash and he’s let his team down far too often.’ Those have nothing to do with adapting to the EPL.

Once again, I repeat my previous question to you:

Would be your apologetic reaction have been the same if Sissoko (in his first 6 months):
- cost us a memorable win at the Bernabeu
- got ridiculously sent off against the Spammers seriously jeopardising what was a walk in the park into a nail biting hanging on exercise
- almost undid one of the best first halfs in recent Spurs history by a ridiculous, stupid, pathetic, idiotic, naive, incompetent, sick dive at the legs of an opponent, when there was no chance in f**k of getting even close to the ball.

Answers on a postage stamp...

I wouldn' put any store on what Rio says, was it not him who last month said lukaku was better than kane?

I'm in some agreement with Ferdinand, he does tend to be rash by the looks of things. There again, Walker used to love a pointless shove in the back for an opponent, etc. as well and his brain farts got toned down significantly under MP, so there's hope yet.

This might be true, but Poch doesn't give it to everyone. Stambouli springs to mind, Janssen too. Hopefully Aurier will do enough between now and the end of the season to show he deserves more time, but Poch doesn't automatically give signings more than one season.

I think it boils down to what is best for the player and the club. Stambouli was just a stop-gap signing and we made money on him and signed an upgrade. Janssen needs game time to improve, which he won't get here. Also Son stepped up, diminishing his play time. I am not convinced he is off after the loan.

If Aurier doesn't step up, he has Walker-Peters breathing down his neck for play time.

Aurier must be so frustrating for the coaching staff and team mates. He seems to be a popular guy within the squad, going by the few recent interviews with teammates I've seen and I really think that there's a good FB in there somewhere. It's the brainfarts, though.... I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I just KNEW he was going to slide in like that in the Juve match seconds before he did it. You could see it coming a mile off.

Poch, the staff, players, EVERYONE must have gone 'For fudge sake. Not AGAIN........!!!!!' much like we all did watching it. I'd be tinkled off if one of my Sat/Sun league or 5-a-side teammates was like that, let alone a highly trained professional, and he has just GOT to cut it out of his game, sooner rather than later, because if he doesn't I'd suspect he will be sent packing.

Like I said, I'm convinced there's a player in there but he needs to stop the panicking and start engaging his brain.

Next season will be crucial for the lad imo.

Prior to the Juve game Aurier had been playing pretty good imo.

We shouldn't have sold the best right back in the world, but I'm sure in time Poch will improve Aurier significantly.

One month ago, I would have said: "He will be a lot better next season with a season under Poch under his belt"

Now I am not so sure :oops:

Any great right-backs available this summer?

He's like a player from 90s or early 2000s Spurs that's turned up to play in a Poch team on a few hours notice.

He would have been a cult hero back in the day like Atouba but he is a liability in this team.

Back