• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PS2 / Footy games

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
Playing slightly fast and loose with the no football in random rule here

I brought a PS2 last night (old skkooollllll!!\o/)

What do people think were the best footy games for the PS2? I remember the FIFA and PES titles flipping back and forth a bit between good and crap

It was always about PES6 for me. Playing as Valencia with Villa, Silva, Joaqiun, Vicente and Inter with Adriano who on his left foot would score belters from anywhere.

I used to like TIF.. loved the fact you could play in a school field and you could dive etc.

Red Card Soccer was pretty fun for the fact you could drop kick or kung fu kick players and if I remember correctly the ref as well

439562-jp_artwork_1.jpg

Attachments

• 439562-jp_artwork_1.jpg
    439562-jp_artwork_1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 5
Yer man.. I loved creating my own custom tournaments and also always created my own player. Was a classic game.

I'm talking about the mode where you literally go into matches in different situations depending on the scenario. Like some you'd be 1-0 up in the 60th minute with 10 man and you have to hold on, others 3-1 down with 5 minutes left and you had to draw. I mean the game was so fudging good...but the N64 in general was amazing.

Gonna go really old school now, anyone remember Footballer of the Year? Just had to take penalties and score to advance :D

footballer_of_the_year_2_01.png

To go even further into the past and to give you an idea of how far FM has brought management games. Anyone remeber Champions (mine was on the Dragon32):

Champions_000.jpg

It was so basic and limited but of course I still spent ages playing it!

Gonna go really old school now, anyone remember Footballer of the Year? Just had to take penalties and score to advance :D

footballer_of_the_year_2_01.png

To go even further into the past and to give you an idea of how far FM has brought management games. Anyone remeber Champions (mine was on the Dragon32):

Champions_000.jpg

It was so basic and limited but of course I still spent ages playing it!

cheers for the above guys - PES6 does seem to be awesome. just gotta battle with the choice of do i want the "offical teams" in the game. (i feel like a kid again - it's messed up!)

i remember i has an FA Cup game on the C64 - you had to pick a team and then it went through the rounds, vidi printer style, to see who won!
that was it, that was whole game - pick a team, sit back and see if you were lucky.
those were the days

Papercut the fudge kind of 1920's games are these?

Haha! :D

It was 1984 afterall...

Still had to pay £10 a game in those days, ridiculous. The Dragon32 was £200 and a average branded colour 14" TV could set you back circa £180 at Rumbleows. Things have really gotten cheaper in comparison!

Right, I'm off to ride my penny farthing...

Back