• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke ***

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Cant believe you guys, less than 24 hours before a crucial EPL game and there is no OMT???????

When : Tomorrow at 3pm
Where: Where Ossies knees got all trembly
Pictures: as many badgers as you can shake a stick at

So, it is time for some Piratical magic to break us out of this torpor and return us to winning ways in the League. It worked two years ago at Bournemouth when after a similar sticky run we came out 5-1 winners ( on the 15th as I recall because my brother had a winning bet on the score even though he is a Cherry fan.

Assuming Sanchez is suspended (why didn't we appeal the sending off as it sounded on here as dubious?) but I have just returned from hols so may have missed it. If Toby and Wanyama are still unavailable, my team would be:

..........................Lloris........................

Trippier.......Dier...........Verts............Davies

.........Lamela.........Eriksen..Winks....Alli.......

.....................Kane.......Son.....................

3-1 Spurs Kane, Son, Alli

COYS

Why no Sissoko? He made the assist for the assist for Son's goal against APOEL!!!! And you dropped him? He runs up and down, down and up, chasing the balls he loses control of and you dropped him?? He has a nice bandage thing around one of his wrists, and you dropped him??? And @scaramanga LOVES him and YOU dropped him!

0-5

6494294eac7d65ae153f437afc9dbf5c--honey-badger-the-badger.jpg

1cce2fef69095a0ec4c96a26dfbc47b0--vinyl-decals-sticker.jpg

crouch.jpg

Shaqiri is in a bit of form isn't he? Are Stoke any good at parking the bus this season?

Why no Sissoko? He made the assist for the assist for Son's goal against APOEL!!!! And you dropped him? He runs up and down, down and up, chasing the balls he loses control of and you dropped him?? He has a nice bandage thing around one of his wrists, and you dropped him??? And @scaramanga LOVES him and YOU dropped him!

0-5

Lamela made the assist for Kane against Leicester, so it is him or Sissy. No contest mefeels.

We need max creativity against Stoke. Hence no Dembele either.

Lamela made the assist for Kane against Leicester, so it is him or Sissy. No contest mefeels.

We need max creativity against Stoke. Hence no Dembele either.

Dembele struggles with fitness. We have a midweek game against Brighton then the City game. I don't think Dembele would have been brought off the bench if that meant he couldn't start in this one. Starting this one and the City game seems like obvious choice over the next three games. The suspension for Sanchez along with the injury to Alderweireld and Wanyama makes this an even more obvious choice imo.

Winks and Dembele deep in midfield for this one for me. Son, Alli and Eriksen behind Kane. Lamela ready to make an impact from the bench along with Llorente and Nkoudou with some confidence from the CL goals.

Though perhaps this or the Brighton game is the chance to give Foyth his PL debut. In that case we could see a back three and Winks anchoring the midfield on his own with Alli and Eriksen box to box.

I reckon foyth will get his PL debut as well, seems like a decent match to blood him in.

While I am a great Dembele fan - even right from the very beginning and had to defend him on here against others who weren’t so enlightened, I don’t think his form this season warrants a place in the team at the moment.

He looks much less strong, loses the ball in possession too much (unheard of last season) and his final ball has too often been poor. He isnt drawing players out of position and of course he doesn’t provide assists. Because he virtually never unleashes his ferocious shot, he doesn’t score nearly enough.

He needs to get fully fit imo before being considered a starter again.

What a mouth watering game, despite our recent run against them I'm expecting time wasting, over physical tackles, massed defence and incompetence from the officials, just as well this is the entertainment business.

While I am a great Dembele fan - even right from the very beginning and had to defend him on here against others who weren’t so enlightened, I don’t think his form this season warrants a place in the team at the moment.

He looks much less strong, loses the ball in possession too much (unheard of last season) and his final ball has too often been poor. He isnt drawing players out of position and of course he doesn’t provide assists. Because he virtually never unleashes his ferocious shot, he doesn’t score nearly enough.

He needs to get fully fit imo before being considered a starter again.
I suppose I've been one of those that have been less enlightened on Dembele in your opinion. His lack of creativity, passing tempo, assists and goals has certainly been a part of our previous conversations about him. That's been a part of his game forever imo.

With Sanchez, Alderweireld and Wanyama out we certainly need him against City. To find form by then a start against Stoke seems the right choice to me. And probably he will be very useful in that game too. He's looked good enough in recent weeks and we can start him with Winks, Eriksen, Alli, Son and Kane. Plenty of creativity there. Dembele to add both physicality, defensive nous, ball winning and what he does on the ball.

As long as it's not Sissoko starting in his place I'll be happy. But for me starting Dembele in this game makes a lot of sense. Winks and Eriksen in the centre ahead of a back four would be a big gamble for me. I adore Winks, but that would be a somewhat new role for him and Eriksen. If we need a goal with half an hour left I would be all for it, but from the start I think it's asking for trouble against a decent enough PL side like Stoke.

I suppose I've been one of those that have been less enlightened on Dembele in your opinion. His lack of creativity, passing tempo, assists and goals has certainly been a part of our previous conversations about him. That's been a part of his game forever imo.

With Sanchez, Alderweireld and Wanyama out we certainly need him against City. To find form by then a start against Stoke seems the right choice to me. And probably he will be very useful in that game too. He's looked good enough in recent weeks and we can start him with Winks, Eriksen, Alli, Son and Kane. Plenty of creativity there. Dembele to add both physicality, defensive nous, ball winning and what he does on the ball.

As long as it's not Sissoko starting in his place I'll be happy. But for me starting Dembele in this game makes a lot of sense. Winks and Eriksen in the centre ahead of a back four would be a big gamble for me. I adore Winks, but that would be a somewhat new role for him and Eriksen. If we need a goal with half an hour left I would be all for it, but from the start I think it's asking for trouble against a decent enough PL side like Stoke.
Starting Dembele v Stoke means he can recover and rest for the Brighton game and hopefully play himself into some form and confidence for Emirates Marketing Project.

All fair points and if it would be the Dembele of last year I would agree with you in a heartbeat. However, whenever I have seen him this season he looks a shadow of his former self and has contributed very little to the team. I acknowledge he has injury problems, but just like Ledley there has to be some real benefit to the team when he is playing and there just isn't that for me at the moment - he has been well below par all season.

Back