• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Aston Villa ***

Time running out for them to have a new manager in place. Looks like Kevin McDonald will be Caretaker Manager for this

They lost last night for McDonald, i can't see that they will have someone else for Monday night at this rate, i really do think their confidence will be rock bottom and they will be there for the taking.

If Agbonlahor plays up front on his own = happy days!

They lost last night for McDonald, i can't see that they will have someone else for Monday night at this rate, i really do think their confidence will be rock bottom and they will be there for the taking.

If Agbonlahor plays up front on his own = happy days!

Why would he play upfront on his own Rudi Gestade will be playing as usual. He could bully our back two like Okaka did for Anderlecht.
And Clark is back from injury for them which will improve their defence.

My original post still stands, just need to beware of the sacked manager performance boost instead of Dimmy's wrath.

I would go for:

------------------------------Hugo-------------------------------

Walker----Alderweireld----Vertonghen------Davies

--------------------------Dier-----Mason----------------------

Lamela-----------------Dembele---------------Eriksen

------------------------------Kane-------------------------------

I think Alli could use a rest and Dembele is in terrific form, so I'd keep him in. Plus a midfield trio of Dier, Mason and The Moose should absolutely dominate possession.

I'd also be tempted to play N'Jie on the left and move Eriksen central, but think Clinton still needs to continue making strong cameo performances before he gets a chance starting.

COYS!
I'd play this lineup too, but with Mason and Dembele switched.

And at some point Eriksen needs a rest too, so would take him off for Alli at halftime.

Why would he play upfront on his own Rudi Gestade will be playing as usual. He could bully our back two like Okaka did for Anderlecht.
And Clark is back from injury for them which will improve their defence.

Sherwood was playing Agbonlahor up front on his own, their last game before he was sacked caused a lot of consternation with the Villa fans (thats why).

Sorry i forgot Ciaran Nesta Baresi Clark, damn, we dont have a chance.

Sherwood was playing Agbonlahor up front on his own, their last game before he was sacked caused a lot of consternation with the Villa fans (thats why).

We are certainly favourites to win that's for sure; however, i hope the players don't have your "we just have to turn up" attitude: that would be so "sexy" and would lead to the inevitable loss (that we have all seen soooo many time before....)

I'd play this lineup too, but with Mason and Dembele switched.

And at some point Eriksen needs a rest too, so would take him off for Alli at halftime.

At half-time??o_O
Are we assuming that we'll be 3-0 up at this point??? Talk about setting the team and Poch up for a fall!

We are certainly favourites to win that's for sure; however, i hope the players don't have your "we just have to turn up" attitude: that would be so "sexy" and would lead to the inevitable loss (that we have all seen soooo many time before....)

LOL definitely not a just turn up attitude, I just can't see anything positive about Villa, they have lost Vlaar, Delph and Benteke and not replaced them with players that are anywhere near as good. Lescott is past it now, the foreign guys are either not up to speed with the league or not good enough. I think they are there for the taking, its about us being professional and doing the right things.

LOL definitely not a just turn up attitude, I just can't see anything positive about Villa, they have lost Vlaar, Delph and Benteke and not replaced them with players that are anywhere near as good. Lescott is past it now, the foreign guys are either not up to speed with the league or not good enough. I think they are there for the taking, its about us being professional and doing the right things.

Their buys to replace Vlaar, Delph and Benteke might not have been as good as those player BUT you also have to remember they were being managed by a tactical pygmy so who knows how much better they might be with a different coach/manager.
On paper they are indeed 'there for the taking' but Spurs have lost to worse opposition in recent times...

Their buys to replace Vlaar, Delph and Benteke might not have been as good as those player BUT you also have to remember they were being managed by a tactical pygmy so who knows how much better they might be with a different coach/manager.
On paper they are indeed 'there for the taking' but Spurs have lost to worse opposition in recent times...

Yes it could go all #sexy of course, its up to the manager and players not to let that happen.

Gestede started upfront on his own against Swansea in Sherwood's last game.
Agbonlahor hasnt played upfront on his own since the West Brom game over a month ago?
Gestede has started upfront in 8/10 of the games since he broke into the team after not starting the first two games.

And Clark is a competent defender, a huge step up from Micah no brain Richards who was never a centre half to begin with and is completely lost without the pace he used to have.

Gestede started upfront on his own against Swansea in Sherwood's last game.
Agbonlahor hasnt played upfront on his own since the West Brom game over a month ago?
Gestede has started upfront in 8/10 of the games since he broke into the team after not starting the first two games.

And Clark is a competent defender, a huge step up from Micah no brain Richards who was never a centre half to begin with and is completely lost without the pace he used to have.

One average defender v another.

The agbonlahor up front was based on what i heard from Villa fans who were at the game, saying that was when they knew Sherwood had truly lost the plot.

A bit like last season when they beat us 0-1 you mean?

At half-time??o_O
Are we assuming that we'll be 3-0 up at this point??? Talk about setting the team and Poch up for a fall!
I was thinking more 4-0, but I'll settle for 3-0. :)

Seriously though, even if we're behind, I think the lineup with Alli instead of Eriksen can still do the job. If the absence of one player all of a sudden makes such a big difference in a match against Villa, we need to go back to the drawing board. And it's not like some crappy player will be replacing him.

We are up for a big test mentally here... I read some reports from Villas game against Soton midweek, and they were actually the better team for most of the game.
They will come to the Lane with nothing to lose, while we are supposed to kill off a team who have lost 8 of 10 PL games this season.
We have easily lost games like this before. I hope we can get it right, but it will be a test for sure.

We are up for a big test mentally here... I read some reports from Villas game against Soton midweek, and they were actually the better team for most of the game.
They will come to the Lane with nothing to lose, while we are supposed to kill off a team who have lost 8 of 10 PL games this season.
We have easily lost games like this before. I hope we can get it right, but it will be a test for sure.

They have been pretty tidy in every game but haven't really scored much and can't defend.. the kind of side that kills you on the half way line and gets nowhere beyond it

We don't tend to do well in Monday night games for some reason, and we don't tend to do well on returning from a rest break, either. Check, on both counts. Too much room for complacency on this one for me to feel comfortable just now. Defending an unbeaten home record as well, and wouldn't it just be a #sexy way for that to go up in smoke. We should wipe the floor with them on form, but I can't help feeling there could be another thees ees fútbol moment on the horizon.

I'll go 2-0, though, just for a laugh.

I think it will be a tougher night than we expect. The Villa are gonna' come out and just play, free of any fears. I think 2-1. Kane to grab us the winner.

I think we're looking at past years as indicators of what will happen on Monday, forgetting that this team has a different attitude than teams of previous years. Case in point our performances in the league after EL ties. I'm expecting a 2-0 win, minimum, with the occasional scare, but in the end we'll comfortably come out on top.

I am worried with Gested (?) and our crap defending at corners - I know we have a good defensive record but I panic every time we concede one as we are a bit of a shambles.

Back