• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Aston Villa ***

Alli wasnt great on Sunday? He was absolutely fantastic!! Didn't you notice him trap a ball out of the sky on a sixpence and then play Njie through on goal in one movement? They way he was all over the Bournemouth players pressing and harrying, his contribution in the lead up to the Eriksen - Kane goal in the second half?

He did some good stuff, things also went wrong. It wasn't absolutely fantastic, Kane and Eriksen were that, not Alli. It was a decent performance, but that doesn't make him undroppable. Mason is the guy that went off injured by scoring a goal for us, people seem to forget how well he did already.

He did some good stuff, things also went wrong. It wasn't absolutely fantastic, Kane and Eriksen were that, not Alli. It was a decent performance, but that doesn't make him undroppable. Mason is the guy that went off injured by scoring a goal for us, people seem to forget how well he did already.

Bear in mind that he's 19 with way fewer than 10 Premier League games behind him. He's certainly not undroppable and Mason, if he can recover his pre-injury form, is a great asset to have.

Starting point would be same 11 (5-1 makes a good case for everyone)

- Rose had poor game and probably should/will be judged by his training this week
- Alli has played a lot of games, Poch will have to monitor that with Mason available again (my guess would be Mason off the bench)

Important to put in a professional performance and take 3 points against Villa.

Think the week off will be good for us (Kane/Eriksen had quite a bit of strapping on their knees).

What's important is winning matches and if Poch thinks a different team to the one which played against Bournemouth gives us the best chance of winning then he should pick it.

Also aren't we playing Arsenal the following weekend? That and the Anderlecht game will need to be taken in to consideration when picking Monday's team

Bear in mind that he's 19 with way fewer than 10 Premier League games behind him. He's certainly not undroppable and Mason, if he can recover his pre-injury form, is a great asset to have.
Sure, it's impressive that he manages to perform so well at his age, but at the end of the day the first team is about instant results, so Poch needs to select on who he thinks will perform the best, regardless of age. If that's Alli in his mind: fine. Considering how Mason played thus far though, it's got to be him for me atm.

Don't get me wrong, I think Alli has done well, just disagree with this reluctance to change a winning team mentality. Those who performed the least in our team should not be guaranteed to start again the next match just because we won.

Personally I'd like to see us give Kane a rest and start N'jie up top. We have Anderlecht and then the gooners in quick succession and Kane will need to start against both imo.

Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Mason, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, N'jie.

Personally I'd like to see us give Kane a rest and start N'jie up top. We have Anderlecht and then the gooners in quick succession and Kane will need to start against both imo.

Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Mason, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, N'jie.

Good shout, though Poch doesn't seem to be one for rotation

Actually be batbrick crazy to do that

- drop/rotate your only striker who just scored a hatrick after a lean spell and will likely be facing another poor team before two tough games?
- one of trippier/Davies, not both and I would rather give Dier a rest (think we could handle Villa without him)

The best plan would be to come out the blocks hard against Villa, try to get 2 or 3 up early, then pull a few players (Kane/Eriksen)

fudge Anderlecht. We can lose that game and still go through if we can be arsed.

fudge Anderlecht. We can lose that game and still go through if we can be arsed.

If we lose to Anderlecht we could be adrift in 3rd with a dodgy away tie in the Middle East and a home game against the group leaders to finish off - The Anderlecht game is must win if we want to be in the driving seat to qualify to the knockouts

You have to start the same team. The only player who deserves to be dropped is rose.

Same team, then give Njie, Townsend, Mason, hopefully sin and bentsleb etc the anderlecht game.

Absolute no brainier to keep the same team.

If we lose to Anderlecht we could be adrift in 3rd with a dodgy away tie in the Middle East and a home game against the group leaders to finish off - The Anderlecht game is must win if we want to be in the driving seat to qualify to the knockouts

So a good old-fashioned must win. Nice.

I'm thinking that dropping Kane now that he's started scoring could be a bit counter productive. I say start him against Villa as he'll have had the week off and will be fresh enough, and manage his game time across the following few matches.

Why actually?

As far as CL qualification goes I'm not convinced winning the EL is actually the easier route for us. Top 4 seems wide open with the madness going on at Chel53a.

Resources will kick in, and we'll finish either par (6th) or 1 under (5th), whatever we do. That won't change till we get new stadium revenue.

What our young team needs is a taste of glory to spur them on. A bit like United winning the cup in 90 was the start of their domination

Resources will kick in, and we'll finish either par (6th) or 1 under (5th), whatever we do. That won't change till we get new stadium revenue.

What our young team needs is a taste of glory to spur them on. A bit like United winning the cup in 90 was the start of their domination

If Chelsea continue to stumble and Klopp takes a while to settle at Liverpool, who is there with better resources than us?

This is not really the time to decide on prioritites between the league and cups. We could easily prioritize the cups now and get knocked out in the first round of the EL knockout stage if we get a tough draw. We could equally go on a poor run and be out of the CL place competition by February.

We have to do a bit of everything and see what pans out come January/February. Then we can think about making priorities. At least we won't have quite as packed a fixture list as last season.

I think we should play a team of 11 players (with Vorm not being one of them) and then we should take the sword to Villa and tear them a new arsehole.

And improve our goal difference further.

Back