• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

They'd be insane to carry on the Skywalker "saga" with 10/11/12.

If they made a trilogy based on the Knights of the Old Republic I'd probably be interested, doubt they will though.

I think that the obvious set of films to make are on what Leia was doing between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

I think that the obvious set of films to make are on what Leia was doing between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

Impossible without Fisher, and truthfully I dont think anyone would be interested.

The obvious thing is KOTOR. Completely seperate timeline/universe/story - almost entirely detatched from the Skywalker saga - and ripe for at least a trilogy. There is a huge amount of story there.

Theyve fudged the opportunity now, but Id like to have seen them do the Star Wars Legacy comic as well, that was brilliant.

Luke Skywalkers grandson having been kidnapped when young and raised as a pirate, turned his back on the force - and having dark side inclinations ends up having to reluctantly get in the fight and save the day. Set about 100 years after Return of the Jedi - in a very changed Star Wars universe. I liked it anyway.

Impossible without Fisher, and truthfully I dont think anyone would be interested.

The obvious thing is KOTOR. Completely seperate timeline/universe/story - almost entirely detatched from the Skywalker saga - and ripe for at least a trilogy. There is a huge amount of story there.

Theyve fudged the opportunity now, but Id like to have seen them do the Star Wars Legacy comic as well, that was brilliant.

Luke Skywalkers grandson having been kidnapped when young and raised as a pirate, turned his back on the force - and having dark side inclinations ends up having to reluctantly get in the fight and save the day. Set about 100 years after Return of the Jedi - in a very changed Star Wars universe. I liked it anyway.

Even if they just do the Revan / Malik / Mandalorian Wars stuff it would be alright, shame that Disney basically wiped that all from canon though, so all unlikely.

Not at all, theyve been rolling back that "no extended universe stuff is canon" thing pretty much since they did it!

Good, there's a wealth of decent stories based in the Old Republic that would make for a decent set of films if they got a good writer involved, though from recent showings I'm not sure Disney could organise a tinkle up in a brewery with this licence.

Good, there's a wealth of decent stories based in the Old Republic that would make for a decent set of films if they got a good writer involved, though from recent showings I'm not sure Disney could organise a tinkle up in a brewery with this licence.

This whole trilogy just smacks of improvisation, rushing and carelessness.

And its been received accordingly.

I think next time they come round they will have put together a coherent through line for the series of films.

Bloody hope so anyway.

This whole trilogy just smacks of improvisation, rushing and carelessness.

And its been received accordingly.

I think next time they come round they will have put together a coherent through line for the series of films.

Bloody hope so anyway.

It's not 100% known but as far as I can tell they wrote a story to cover these 3 films but let Rian Johnson do as he pleased with his film, which is just odd and hence Rise of Skywalker just feels like a recton laden mess.

It's not 400% known but as far as I can tell they wrote a story to cover these 3 films but let Rian Johnson do as he pleased with his film, which is just odd and hence Rise of Skywalker just feels like a recton laden mess.

As TLJ was before it?

I dont think there is any evidence in the movies as a trilogy that there was any thought in them at all.

I do think Force Awakens was rushed out to capitalise on the Lucasfilm purchase (and start earning their $4bn back), and honestly I think JJ Abrams was a good shout. He is full of ideas, and also adept at approximating theme/visuals of other genres etc.

So he sets up a mystery box movie where he puts a load of pieces on the board ripe for development/opportunity to carry forward.

When TLJ came out it was my opinion that how good Force Awakens actually was would depend on what the sequel did with all the loose ends.

And Rian Johnson clearly gave no fudges about any of that, making a point of bluntly dismissing them. And just doing what the fudge he liked. Which Lucasfilm were apparently supportive of? Which then seems to deny any sort of plan being in place...

RoS is clearly just a reaction to the (justified) TLJ backlash, which in turn basically makes it a turd because its trying to retcon 2 films and fit a whole trilogy in one movie.

As TLJ was before it?

I dont think there is any evidence in the movies as a trilogy that there was any thought in them at all.

I do think Force Awakens was rushed out to capitalise on the Lucasfilm purchase (and start earning their $4bn back), and honestly I think JJ Abrams was a good shout. He is full of ideas, and also adept at approximating theme/visuals of other genres etc.

So he sets up a mystery box movie where he puts a load of pieces on the board ripe for development/opportunity to carry forward.

When TLJ came out it was my opinion that how good Force Awakens actually was would depend on what the sequel did with all the loose ends.

And Rian Johnson clearly gave no fudges about any of that, making a point of bluntly dismissing them. And just doing what the fudge he liked. Which Lucasfilm were apparently supportive of? Which then seems to deny any sort of plan being in place...

RoS is clearly just a reaction to the (justified) TLJ backlash, which in turn basically makes it a turd because its trying to retcon 2 films and fit a whole trilogy in one movie.

Sounds about right to me, appears Kathleen Kennedy is going to get the sack from Disney over how it was all handled.

TFA to me was just JJ/Disney saying "hey look, we're gonna do these films like the ones you all loved and nothing like the prequels!" and then had sod all to back it up.

Ill be glad to see Kennedy go, but it does leave you a little nervous waiting to see who might replace her.

Saw Feige linked before, though since his promotion I doubt it now. Shame, he has all the relevant experience to make it work.

Ill be glad to see Kennedy go, but it does leave you a little nervous waiting to see who might replace her.

Saw Feige linked before, though since his promotion I doubt it now. Shame, he has all the relevant experience to make it work.

Wouldn't be surprised by that, or if they had Ron Howard do more.

Give it 5+ years, do more TV shows on Disney+ and let this recent trilogy gather dust before attempting anything else.

19 more tosss.

ij4Uhq.gif

Back