• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Offering objective / constructive criticism on a player's performance and pointing out flaws in their game where improvement is possible is not point-scoring - do you honestly think I care who has 'points' over me here? I have far bigger priorities in my daily doings to sit and worry about that brick.

Some prefer to call it 'debate and discussion' - i.e. 'Hey, Rossi - yesterday I thought Player X looked poor and cost us a few times at the back, what do you say? I think he needs to up is concentration for 90 mins solid.'

Problem is, as soon as a fan favourite is 'questioned' - a swarm of disciples decend down upon him and commence hurling abuse and ridicule. And to top it all off - most of these righteous brothers perform exactly the same 'analysis' of rejected/less popular players such as Dawson, Huddlestone, Gomes, Bentley, etc. themselves.

Delicious ironing, my yellow friend.

Constantly referring to BAE as 'twitter legend' and using every opportunity in every thread to be negative towards him has absolutely nothing to do with being objective.

Seriously, what you've just written is just a giant tinkletake of yourself.

You are not being objective at all, everyone on here can see that. I can post something completely irrelevant to BAE and without fail there you are quoting me, slagging him off and making yourself look like an idiot in the process. It's pathetic.

Constantly referring to BAE as 'twitter legend' and using every opportunity in every thread to be negative towards him has absolutely nothing to do with being objective.

You post even worse comments about Dawson and Livermore most of the time - are you even being serious here? And then you go off about agendas, etc. You are not in a position to take the moral high-ground here is that's the case.

Referring to someone as 'twitter legend' is not a derrogative attack towards their footballing abilities

Suggesting we should offer ample cover / competition for his spot is not a derrogative attack towards their footballing abilities

And so it has been proven within 3 posts only - verbal abuse from 2 posters who do exactly the same towards other Spurs players.

Why do I even bother

Last edited:
I'm not aware that I slag off other Spurs players? Infact I constantly find myself defending them.

As for "Referring to someone as 'twitter legend' is not a derrogative attack towards their footballing abilities", are you actually serious with that? You've claimed on numerous occasions that if he didn't say LOL on twitter that fans wouldn't rate him :rolleyes:

As for "Referring to someone as 'twitter legend' is not a derrogative attack towards their footballing abilities", are you actually serious with that? You've claimed on numerous occasions that if he didn't say LOL on twitter that fans wouldn't rate him :rolleyes:

The above comment relates to an earlier point about naturally 'popular' players at Spurs - i.e. the fans favourite off the pitch. BAE is one of those and now that VdV is gone - he would probably win a vote of the 'coolest' Spurs player hands down. And before you suggest otherwise - that is not a bad thing in the slightest (I think his response to the riots last year was exemplrary).

However this makes it much more difficult to have discussions/debates on such popular players' peformances - i.e. as a result of that. As it has been proven in the last 20 odd posts and in so many other similar debates previously.

I'm not aware that I slag off other Spurs players? Infact I constantly find myself defending them.

you dont?

think calling BAE "twitter legend" is sarcasm and a round about way of saying that is only what he's good for / why he is rated

But you clearly are not objective to BAE, there may be some who are defensive of him but you're at the other end of the scale ... and then some. You don't keep the criticism in the match ratings or BAE related threads but instead you take it to completely irrelevant threads such as quoting me praising Danny Rose and using it as a way to attack BAE, again.

And Rossi - just to add - there is a poster here who adds/compares/analyses ratings after each game

I have NEVER given BAE lower marks or gone on some smearing campaign - he recieved plenty of 7s from me last season and a few 6s and 8s here and there. I've always been fair to him and no different to any other Spurs player in my analysis. If you don't believe me - ask him for the numbers.

But when I see him casually jogging behind Walcott at the Emirates while Parker is busting his fudging gut to catch him from an even deeper strating position - sure as fudge I'm gonna call him out. The same way I would have called out ANY other player. And if that makes me some kind of a derailed anti-BAE hater in your eyes - the so be it!

Last edited:
The Rose comment tried to indicate how poor he looked in comparison to BAE (made him look from a decent LB to a world class unit) - your paranoia filled in the rest and took it personally - which in a way proved my earlier point about fans' 'sensitivity' towards certain players. I could have used Walker as an example and you would have simply glanced over it.

In fact at least 6-7 posters called you on that Rose comment, yet you chose my comment for some reason.

Last edited:
Why does what people have said before matter, unless part of the same discussion?

Surely its simple enough to respond to posts just made and discuss the contents. If a new point is made, add to it. If nothing new is added then there is no need to reply.

Instead some people seem to want to rehashing past arguments, regardless of the current discussion. Its a form of ad hominem. Rather than address the point being made, try and discredit the person saying it in some way, e.g. by implying bias (ad hominem circumstantial).

love BAE but he is the second best left back at the club now....no great shame as its SuperJan ahead of him

you dont?

think calling BAE "twitter legend" is sarcasm and a round about way of saying that is only what he's good for / why he is rated

Of course it is. This is the same poster that also declared that BAE should be sold to Southampton or WBA don't you forget (and that was just a week or two ago).

ffs?? why the anger, its my opinion, you disagree. Fair enough

Sorry that was uncalled for but the way some people get caught up on something new is literally how little kids act when they get a new toy.

Vertonghen is good but as a lb? there has been times where he's looked very suspect (especially in a 1 on 1 situation). BAE rarely looks like he's going to get beat.

Sorry that was uncalled for but the way some people get caught up on something new is literally how little kids act when they get a new toy.

Vertonghen is good but as a lb? there has been times where he's looked very suspect (especially in a 1 on 1 situation). BAE rarely looks like he's going to get beat.

defensively he has looked suspect on occasions, but what i like and what he offers a lot in an AVB formation/set up is the driving runs forward down the left and his link up play with Bale. This has added a new dimension to our attacking play. Very energetic, powerful, and apart from the odd one on ones, he has looked solid defensively

Vertonghen is not a kid, he is not new to the lb position. He has experience there

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
Fit soon...( With out operation) papper dont say all time the true LOL

Back