• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I should've been clearer. I'd expect them to offer a one year break for current season ticket holders but bumper loyalty points for people taking them up.

I think the club has already said there won't be any amnesty for ST holders during the season away, because we are staying in London.

Yeah they said there won't be an amnesty if we stay in London

I think prices will drop though as they won't be able to offer cheap individual tickets if they have charged ST holders full whack

It was raised in the last meeting between the club and the Trust. But it was deferred for further discussion to the next meeting (this month), so maybe there will be a change in stance
Season away:
  • Season Ticket Amnesty
KL asked for a discussion around offering an Amnesty for Season Ticket holders at Wembley. THST’s latest survey had revealed that, while the vast majority of existing ST holders would not take the option of a year out, the majority felt there should be the choice of one. Therefore, THST needed to reflect that call.
IM and DC explained THFC’s current position: the fans had wanted a London venue, the Club had delivered Wembley and there was a concern about giving fans the option to drop out at exactly the time they needed ST holders to support the Club both financially and physically.
There was also concern around the practical implications and effect an amnesty would have on those at the top of the ST waiting list and when offering ST’s for the new ground.
KL was certain that those practicalities could be worked through if there was a will to deliver this. An amnesty would mean a ST holder freezing their membership for the year. So they’d effectively be non-members. That brought with it implications that would deter most unless there was a genuine reason for not being able to travel to Wembley throughout the season. KL stressed that no fan had asked for the Club to relocate and by moving for a season, THFC had fundamentally changed their terms of engagement.
After some discussion, it was agreed further internal discussion was needed and THFC asked that the matter be deferred to the next meeting with THST.
  • New Season Tickets
IM confirmed THFC was still working through the details of offering new ST’s at Wembley but this was anticipated to happen once numbers and other considerations had been clarified.

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-19-september-2016

I suppose the other question is how much of the ground is opened for games. I would think that it is possible that we only use the lower tier for routine games and the whole ground for the bigger games.

I should've been clearer. I'd expect them to offer a one year break for current season ticket holders but bumper loyalty points for people taking them up.

Apparently they won't offer the break (see earlier in this thread) as they see it as a vital time and need he support

Just seen it reappeared above

I suppose the other question is how much of the ground is opened for games. I would think that it is possible that we only use the lower tier for routine games and the whole ground for the bigger games.

We an use 56000 capacity (lower and club) without any issues

Full capacity needs special permission or something similar

We an use 56000 capacity (lower and club) without any issues

Full capacity needs special permission or something similar

I think that their license limits the number of capacity events that can be held there each year. You would hope that we could get some of them for the big games. It'd be great to have the full stadium for the NLD and only offer Arsenal 1500 tickets because of safety concerns.

But even if we play at Wembley for a season, when we come back none of the South plaza, flats, hotel, New whl station or station walkway link will be done. Imo ?

OK.
However,if the stadium itself is ready then it is fine.
The other aspects of the NDP that are outside the stadium won't impact the experience inside.

Worth a read. We spent £175m over the last 10 years on the training ground and buying properties etc. We need to spend (and/or borrow) double that i.e. £350m to build the stadium. Obviously it is way more complex than that with all the works going on but it is an easy stat to remember.

VERY comfortable with the huge new TV deals and if we can get top 4

https://thespursreport.wordpress.co...tive-through-the-stadium-construction-phase/‬

The plan hasn't changed. Notwithstanding the previous scheme which was materially different in its design, function and build, at no point has the club considered moving into a partially completed stadium.

The appetite is to derisk where possible, not compound and add further to; moreover, what is suggested in the article is just not practically possible. However, and I must stress, at no stage has partial completion been considered.

The build-out remains within tolerance; some elements are ahead of others, but overall we're strongly positioned. Final detail is being completed on our arrangements for 17/18, and those will be announced shortly.

Incidentally, I do hope the refreshed minisite has been well received. The depth of interest has been quite a surprise, and it's taken a little time to develop what we see as the right service. It is going to evolve and is by no means fail accompli.

The plan hasn't changed. Notwithstanding the previous scheme which was materially different in its design, function and build, at no point has the club considered moving into a partially completed stadium.

The appetite is to derisk where possible, not compound and add further to; moreover, what is suggested in the article is just not practically possible. However, and I must stress, at no stage has partial completion been considered.

The build-out remains within tolerance; some elements are ahead of others, but overall we're strongly positioned. Final detail is being completed on our arrangements for 17/18, and those will be announced shortly.

Incidentally, I do hope the refreshed minisite has been well received. The depth of interest has been quite a surprise, and it's taken a little time to develop what we see as the right service. It is going to evolve and is by no means fail accompli.

Thank you

You took your time to butt in :)

I think that their license limits the number of capacity events that can be held there each year. You would hope that we could get some of them for the big games. It'd be great to have the full stadium for the NLD and only offer Arsenal 1500 tickets because of safety concerns.
Not sure we could get away with that. My understanding is PL rules require clubs with a capacity of 30k+ to make a minimum of 3k available to opponent's fans.

Reading about the roof structure... I am a bit confused about the need for both a tension ring and compression ring... I thought this article would help http://www.structuremag.org/?p=8190 but it has me even more confused... the cables all pull inwards towards the centre which would cause the walls/pillars to fall inwards, whereas in a Cathedral Dome the forces are all outwards so it is trying to push the walls outwards.... so they combined the two systems, sounds bloody clever. But all of these roofs seem to require both a tension ring and compression ring... seems like a complex way to do things.

This article about the Wet Spam London Stadium had some interesting titbits and indeed tidbits:
https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/raising-the-roof-on-2012/5212912.article

“When the system is fully tensioned, there’s 1,300t in the tension ring, which is a huge force,” says Bartek. “There is 200t in each cable that runs between the tension ring and compression ring.”

...Then the tower cranes will come down as the rest of the work takes place at a height beyond their reach. Fourteen huge lighting towers weighing 35t each are to be installed on top of the cable net roof.

“There are few stadia like this in the world, but none have had these lighting towers,” says Bartek. “It adds much more complexity− these towers are being supported by something elastic and soft. It’s structurally challenging to have such a big weight at the tip of the cantilever. These towers have 18m long legs, making them around 30m tall altogether.”

These triangular lighting towers are being constructed on the field of play− constructing them at ground level is safer and easier. Crawler cranes will be raising these up to 60m above the field of play in February.

“The flood lighting has to be a certain height so not to glare into the TV cameras,” says Craine. “We took this approach to comply with lighting standards. We have to maintain camera angles.”

Lastly, but not least, the fabric will be installed on the roof. Fabric contractor Seele is due on site in April. Polyvinylchloride (PVC) coated polyester will be used for the roof fabric.

“The fabric has to be the last activity, otherwise it would be damaged,” says Bartek. “The structural fabric has to be tensioned, like a large curtain stretched at all four points. We’re using PVC coated polyester as we only need low design life as the stadium is a temporary structure. If the design life was 50 years, we would be using Teflon.”

The temporary design brief has led the design in other ways. Where there might have been welds, there are bolts to allow for disassembly. Temporary steel fixings for the strand jacking operations have been left in place to allow the process to be reversed.

So the FA applied to increase the number of events that can be held at Wembley Stadium at full capacity by an extra 20.

Apparently it was considered by Brent Council last night. Anyone know what the result was?

Does anyone know/think that the pitch will be the exact same size as the current white hart lane pitch? I think it should be so we don't have to change our game at all. Look what happened at Wembley, a pitch we aren't used to.

Back