• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I won't call Chelsea the most predictable team, because their players are able to conjure up a lot of creativity when needed, albeit in a fixed formation. I think few of our players are given free roles, bug largely a lot of them are asked to stick to the task.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It helps in their case when you have had no first team players injured all season

And they play an incredibly defensive formation which allows their attackers that free role

We showed how to kill their system by playing deep and not allowing their attackers any time on the ball. It meant we could focus on our attacking game and they had no plan B

There's no Sissoko witchhunt. No one jumped on him after misreported comments.

He is an absolute brick footballer though.
Anyone who saw him playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine recognised that.
I think you could get in a winger from the New Zealand rugby team and he'd offer exactly the same as Sissoko.

This waste of 30m (I'm sure we'll get some of it back) is on Poch. He's the one that wanted him at the last minute after Mane tore us apart with his pace and direct running back in August.
A brick footballer who is a French international, checked out by Chelsea and Everton in the Summer and if reports are to be believed now AC Milan. Of course there is a witch hunt.

Poch saw something in him, before Poch Benitez saw something too. Unfortunately many fans didn't want him when he first signed and he hasn't done well enough, consistently, to convince the haters he is worth persisting with.

For me he has shown enough glimpses of quality to suggest he should be given until the end of next season.

There's no Sissoko witchhunt. No one jumped on him after misreported comments.

He is an absolute brick footballer though.
Anyone who saw him playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine recognised that.
I think you could get in a winger from the New Zealand rugby team and he'd offer exactly the same as Sissoko.

This waste of 30m (I'm sure we'll get some of it back) is on Poch. He's the one that wanted him at the last minute after Mane tore us apart with his pace and direct running back in August.

Can you imagine Vainikolo or Tuigamala on the wing for Spurs. Okay they might not be able to cross the ball, but jeepers they would scare the bejesus out of the opposition full-back...

A brick footballer who is a French international, checked out by Chelsea and Everton in the Summer and if reports are to be believed now AC Milan. Of course there is a witch hunt.

Poch saw something in him, before Poch Benitez saw something too. Unfortunately many fans didn't want him when he first signed and he hasn't done well enough, consistently, to convince the haters he is worth persisting with.

For me he has shown enough glimpses of quality to suggest he should be given until the end of next season.

But none of those teams, Everton aside made a bid, anyway AC are not the side they used to be 7th/8th and Chelsea would rather play Moses.

He's a flop for the money, we could have done so much better.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans tried to warn me but I would not listen. I was blinded by the fact that he always seemed to play well against us. I thought he would be a good signing and I was very optimistic when we bagged him. But I am man enough to admit when I am wrong about a player, and boy did I get it wrong about Sissoko.
Wow, that is very open and honest of you.

Guys, guys, over here!! I found him!! This is the Sissoko fan, this one here!

When did we stop giving a player a year to bed in?

When they have 118 premier league appearance before joining the club.

I understand bedding in for players moving league or young player breaking through.

Also he's been brick for 100 of those appearances, he's physically is not capable of controlling the ball at the age of 27. I've no idea how anyone thinks Poch can turn him round. He's a coach not a magician.

When they have 118 premier league appearance before joining the club.

I understand bedding in for players moving league or young player breaking through.

Also he's been brick for 100 of those appearances, he's physically is not capable of controlling the ball at the age of 27. I've no idea how anyone thinks Poch can turn him round. He's a coach not a magician.
You may be right, but I'm happy to give him a year at least.

From now on Poch should only buy player that he knows will be successful. How hard can it be, every fans knows exactly which player that will be a success and who will fail.

There's probably more chance of a signing being successful if they've been successful elsewhere beforehand, though.

There's probably more chance of a signing being successful if they've been successful elsewhere beforehand, though.

You mean like Janssen? A player that some fans considers as one of the worst buy in Spurs history?

I think people can't used to his lack of first touch or decision making as a 30 mill football player. Give him a chance I think he can learn those things since he is a kid that has potential ... would excel in the Chinese league

You mean like Janssen? A player that some fans considers as one of the worst buy in Spurs history?

Or players like Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Alli, Son etc. I did say "probably" and I don't think you can compare Sissoko to Janssen. One is 22, new to the country/league and had only played one full season of top flight football before joining. The other is 27, vastly experienced and had even been playing in this league for the previous 3.5 years. I don't know why some fans insist that we can't judge him until he's had a couple of years here, it's not like he was playing in Timbuktu, we've all seen him. If we were to sign Charlie Adam in the summer would we need to give him two years before we can conclude whether he's up to Spurs standard as well?

When did we stop giving a player a year to bed in?
A lot haven't. Then you'll get those posters who have to admit their surprise when they come good after a period of time, its happened with quite a few players.....
He hasn't been that bad really. You are all overreacting like a bunch of teenage girls.
Exactly. He hasn't been spectacular by any stretch, hes done some good things and shown some glimpses of what he can do. But Poch doesn't exactly help by barely starting him and bringing him on for last ten,fifteen minutes here and there. Not necessarily blaming Poch for that, but youre not going to get the best out of someone who isn't playing consistently....

Back