• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Moussa Sissoko: From Tottenham pain to making my father proud

Spurs face Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday

Last Updated: 09/03/19 8:05am

0d3ef0328d4bed2ea298ee248c97c1fb210bcc303bc561e4319cb16eaaeb38d3_4601584.jpg
4:35

He has told Sky Sports that he never wanted to leave the club, even after a tough debut season, and is now showing his worth.

"It was painful. In the past when I was at Toulouse or Saudi Sportswashing Machine I used to play every game. I expected to do the same here, but for different reasons it was a change for me and I needed to adapt to the new style of play with new players and lots of other things.

"I needed to stay focused and keep working, that was the most important thing to do if I wanted to play. That's why I am playing and I am happy.

skysports-mauricio-pochettino_4587390.jpg

Must say I find all this Nayim stuff quite odd. Seems to me he is pretty reasonable and calm in the articulation of his views, whilst everyone else loses their brick that he has a different view to the majority. Don’t see why Nayim has to ‘let it go’ any more than someone who has been praising Sissoko has to ‘let it go’.

Scaramanga on the other hand...

Possibly our best player this season, in my opinion, in contention with Jan, Son and Kane.

That tackle on Kovacic was so good, never gets old.

He's so bloody strong and surprisingly technical.

But for me it's his ability to pick the ball up in the defensive half and be in an attacking position in the blink of an eye.

He makes opposition players look like they're standing still, but if you look closely they're actually running as hard as they can... He also makes them look like littles bitches more often than not.

Let's face it he judged against the Moose, which is totally unfair. I've never seen o player do what the Moose could do. His combination of physicality and skill is unique.

Nayim.

Let me be crystal clear.
A disagreement or back and forth with me is all good.

The snide assertion that I am telling you to “let it go” because I am a mod is BANG out of order. I don’t work like that. In life. Full-stop.

The reason I said that was simply because you claim you don’t care yet come back for more and then complain that people bite back.
Mate. Carry on if you like, but don’t go all “woe is me” when people give it back.

Its not woe is me, its pointing out the double standard.

The "giving it back" happens without any "giving it out" in the first place.

Theres lots of "forth" with no "back" allowed.

You are a mod. And you keep reposting let.it.go. How am I to take it?

Always had you down as a fair and even guy, one of the best, but youre getting all torch and pitchforky like the rest of them.

If you're judging him by the team's standards, how is it that he is almost always in the top 3 performers each game and MoM on several occasions?

The bottom line is that relative to the rest of the team he has been one of our best performers. And if that means that the rest of the team is more gifted but aren't performing up their standards, well in that case I would take a team of 11 good to very good players consistently playing to their potential to a team of superstars that sometimes show up and sometimes don't.

Personally I dont think he is. I think he is top 3 most popular, but best? Not normally.

And Ive said before but it bears repeating - Id name 5 players as having out performed him this season right off the bat, and then another 2 or 3 with whom it would be debatable. That would put him as anywhere between 6 and 9th "best".

There is certainly something to the idea the other players have under performed relative to their ability, absolutely, which would appear to narrow the gap. Theres still a pretty significant gap though, IMO.

Again, no one here has a problem with differing opinions but if you're going to have a more "controversial" opinion, you should be prepared to defend it. That's really all it comes down to. Also, it seemed like you didn't even fully read my responses to you, where I've had to state multiple times that I generally respect your opinions overall.

But maybe since Sissoko had a bad game, we will finally be able to agree in this thread.

As for top performers this season, my top 5 rankings currently are:
Kane (when is he not #1?)
Son
Vertonghen
Sissoko
Alderweireld

Toss up between Alder and Sissoko for those two places, they've both been good this season. Lloris has been a lot better lately, so if he played like that all season maybe he'd push Sissoko out of the top 5.

He has been a revelation this season and he deserves great credit for doing so after all the over the top remarks he heard from some fans ( not just on here but at games). He deserves to be in the running for player of the season and i am sure he will be.

Again, no one here has a problem with differing opinions but if you're going to have a more "controversial" opinion, you should be prepared to defend it.

a) It really shouldnt be controversial to suggest Sissoko, despite the improvement, still isnt that good. The fact that it is seen as such speaks volumes.

b) Thats exactly what I have done, and as soon as I say anything I get jumped on.

a) It really shouldnt be controversial to suggest Sissoko, despite the improvement, still isnt that good. The fact that it is seen as such speaks volumes.

b) Thats exactly what I have done, and as soon as I say anything I get jumped on.

I guess it's just that you're in the minority. It's not that we're all ganging up on you, but like I said, the onus is on you to make the case for why the rest of us are wrong (and I know there are situations where the majority can be wrong, but this is a forum where we're all fans of the same team).

I guess it's just that you're in the minority. It's not that we're all ganging up on you, but like I said, the onus is on you to make the case for why the rest of us are wrong (and I know there are situations where the majority can be wrong, but this is a forum where we're all fans of the same team).

Ive made the case 100 times, and just get shouted down.

Most often I get shouted down - not the points raised, which again speaks volumes.

Theres no woe is me here - this is simply pointing out whats going on. Its all there.

Its not woe is me, its pointing out the double standard.

The "giving it back" happens without any "giving it out" in the first place.

Theres lots of "forth" with no "back" allowed.

You are a mod. And you keep reposting let.it.go. How am I to take it?

Always had you down as a fair and even guy, one of the best, but youre getting all torch and pitchforky like the rest of them

I can only say I am genuinely sorry you have come to view the situation like this. Still, if that is your perception then I am sorry you feel harassed and hounded.

Last edited:
Back