• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He needs to take some lessons from Guardiola as to how to pass from the back. We haven't managed it most of the pre-season, it was the same against Villa and today there is such an obvious difference.

Lloris is the big problem. He goes side to side and won't risk playing the ball into the CMs.

I think it’s a case of ability rather than coaching with Hugo, he just can’t kick a ball properly, it was the headline weakness when we signed him and it’s not improved one iota.

It’s fine if they get it working first, but don’t run beta software in production.
None of the three in it have played in that system. They are getting caught going forward and not coming back and the other way around too. I hate the Diamond as well in a lot of games.

this 4-3-3 he is playing has to stop. Its not working at all.
I think we get too caught up in formations. As I mentioned in the match thread, if Lamela, Ndombele and Eriksen cannot hold onto the ball in midfield under pressure, if our movement is static, if our press is ineffective then you will struggle especially against City. Contrast the way we struggled to played the ball from the back whilst Edison launched the ball over our press. Our players needed too much time on the ball today.

I think we get too caught up in formations. As I mentioned in the match thread, if Lamela, Ndombele and Eriksen cannot hold onto the ball in midfield under pressure, if our movement is static, if our press is ineffective then you will struggle especially against City. Contrast the way we struggled to played the ball from the back whilst Edison launched the ball over our press. Our players needed too much time on the ball today.

But if those players can’t have an out ball either as we have packed midfield and not attack it will always come back

That’s all about formations

But if those players can’t have an out ball either as we have packed midfield and not attack it will always come back

That’s all about formations
The problem seemed to be getting the ball to midfield from the back. We didn't have many opportunities to get it from midfield to attack. I saw players that couldn't hold onto the ball in midfield and others not finding space, basic stuff. Ndombele I can forgive but Lamela and Eriksen were terrible. It was only when moura came on could we hold onto any possession.

The problem seemed to be getting the ball to midfield from the back. We didn't have many opportunities to get it from midfield to attack. I saw players that couldn't hold onto the ball in midfield and others not finding space, basic stuff. Ndombele I can forgive but Lamela and Eriksen were terrible. It was only when moura came on could we hold onto any possession.

But the midfield were getting turned every opportunity

To fix that you go long like ederson does and bypass the press

Out issue is we don’t have anyone up with Kane to do that with

But the midfield were getting turned every opportunity

To fix that you go long like ederson does and bypass the press

Out issue is we don’t have anyone up with Kane to do that with
Agree re Kane up top on his own. In hindsight we missed the pace of Son and Moura. Perhaps Moura should have started ahead of Lamela.

Our entire defensive shape and attitude was poor today. I'm honestly not sure that we can afford to play without a holding mid with NDombele and Winks defending so poorly.

City are a hard team to defend against. If you sit narrow, they have the quality to create quality from wide. If you stretch to cover that then they have the intelligence to find the half spaces. Our press was bypassed although I thought Lamela ànd Eriksen were slow to follow up on Kane. Kwp was left lost and outnumbered on the back post time and time again.

Poch has a lot of thinking to do.

Our entire defensive shape and attitude was poor today. I'm honestly not sure that we can afford to play without a holding mid with NDombele and Winks defending so poorly.

City are a hard team to defend against. If you sit narrow, they have the quality to create quality from wide. If you stretch to cover that then they have the intelligence to find the half spaces. Our press was bypassed although I thought Lamela ànd Eriksen were slow to follow up on Kane. Kwp was left lost and outnumbered on the back post time and time again.

Poch has a lot of thinking to do.
Eriksen, Lamela, Winks and Ndombele were all very poor today. We are better than they showed today. Hopefully just need more games.

Eriksen, Lamela, Winks and Ndombele were all very poor today. We are better than they showed today. Hopefully just need more games.

The saving grace for Lamela was a goal and assist, otherwise I agree. I couldn't believe how timid and ineffectual Winks was in the first half. So, so poor. Ndombele is settling so I'll cut him slack but Winks was horrible in every facet of his game.

Back