• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Besiktas

milo

Jack L. Jones
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GmtepPonRsj6cmwM8uiFHEtctxWtv-mFjisijnqalqE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Embargoed until someone puts 50p in the meter

[video=youtube;zjPu_budyEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPu_budyEk[/video]

What is the average rating of Poch for season?

We have had a pretty decent European record in our history, now we just roll over and concede a victory to Besiktas now .. our ****ing manager leaves us with 0 strikers on the pitch.

Cue 90 excuses why poor Poch is struggling .. I'll cut and paste them when we play a pile of dross Sunday as well.

We have had a pretty decent European record in our history, now we just roll over and concede a victory to Besiktas now .. our ****ing manager leaves us with 0 strikers on the pitch.

Cue 90 excuses why poor Poch is struggling .. I'll cut and paste them when we play a pile of dross Sunday as well.

I will go through the ratings so far for the season and do averages for the team and Poch when I have five minutes sometime over Christmas.

I don't think that there is any need to cut and paste stuff or start posting hostile things like suggesting that other posters are making excuses. Message boards are all about opinions and discussions, just because some people disagree with you there is no need to get down their throats.

Defense and Soldados shooting let down what was a pretty decent away performance in Europe

I will go through the ratings so far for the season and do averages for the team and Poch when I have five minutes sometime over Christmas.

I don't think that there is any need to cut and paste stuff or start posting hostile things like suggesting that other posters are making excuses. Message boards are all about opinions and discussions, just because some people disagree with you there is no need to get down their throats.

It's not Poch's side, pitch too small, players tired, I'm too tired to make up another excuse. I'm frustrated but my real question is why can't we have a legitimate discussion that asks the question

- What does anyone see that indicates anything but Poch is a much worse acquisition for Spurs than any of Lamela/Soldado/Capoue/etc.

AVB was too negative, TS was too gung ho, Poch has no idea what he wants to do.

Dembele had some nice moments but also showed we we cannot play him he is far too careless dribbling the ball got nicked several times in dangerous positions.

Soldado how much longer can we persist? Seriously this guy can't score in a Thai ***** house. No more talk about his build up play please he is costing us points every time he plays because he cannot ****ing score!

Positives...I thought Walker and Rose looked very good coming back from injury and Vlad put in a nice display as well

Poch took off Soldado probably as planned, not tactically because he will more than likely play on Sunday. If he could put away 1 of the gazillion sitters he seems to miss every game we would not be as ****e. Frankly I have been patient with him but not only has his movement been poor but he cannot even test the goalkeeper with his shots and we paid 26 million quid for this guy.

Baffled.
There seens to be zero plan, pattern etc, coupled with players time and time again, poorly executing on the basics, ie poor ball country, mis-weighted passes, poor positional discipline.
A total clusterfook in short.
When Poch was nominated, I was over the moon, because I expected to see a well drilled team, with allegedly, better players than Southampton.
At the moment, I see a combination of the worst sides of TS and AVB.
WTF!
I'm not asking for Poch to be given the boot, but would like to understand why we are seeing what we are seeing.

It's not Poch's side, pitch too small, players tired, I'm too tired to make up another excuse. I'm frustrated but my real question is why can't we have a legitimate discussion that asks the question

- What does anyone see that indicates anything but Poch is a much worse acquisition for Spurs than any of Lamela/Soldado/Capoue/etc.

AVB was too negative, TS was too gung ho, Poch has no idea what he wants to do.

Those discussions are already going on in the Poch, AVB and Sherwood threads.

Still there is no need to get in anyone's face or call anyone up on anything. We can disagree on stuff and still remain (online) friends. In summary, GG's site rules are basically

T8I86h.jpg

Baffled.
There seens to be zero plan, pattern etc, coupled with players time and time again, poorly executing on the basics, ie poor ball country, mis-weighted passes, poor positional discipline.
A total clusterfook in short.
When Poch was nominated, I was over the moon, because I expected to see a well drilled team, with allegedly, better players than Southampton.
At the moment, I see a combination of the worst sides of TS and AVB.
WTF!
I'm not asking for Poch to be given the boot, but would like to understand why we are seeing what we are seeing.

It was an eleven of unfits, barely playeds and on their way outs. What do you expect?

Vorm 6 - no chance with their goal, too slow in clearing from defence

Walker 7 - both he and Rose add grit and muscle to our defence but can also get caught out too easily on counter-attack

Kaboul 6 - one sloppy out-ball from defence ultimately led to their goal

Chiriches 6 - recovered well after almost suicidal brainfart early on

Rose 6 - see Walker

Stambouli 6 - showed some slick touches

Paulinho 7 - one of his best games in a long while, faded towards the end

Dembele 7 - Spurs MotM despite the mistakes, was great to see so much commitment

Chadli 6 - another who started well but faded late on

Townsend 4 - just a joke, don't get me started

Soldado 5 - must surely hold the record for missed chances in a Spurs shirt

Subs

Lamele 4 - another joke

Lennon 6 - decent enough

Capoue 5

Coach

Poch 7 - the right starting XI for this game given only Walker, who needed the run out, and Soldado will likely also start on Sunday

To fair, Paulinho, Townsend and Dembele were his main providers today. Even Aguero would struggle with that calibre of service.

Sorry GB but have to take issue with this. He missed one golden opportunity and probably should have scored when Dembele put him through. Aguero would also more than likely create for himself out of nothing.

First chance is a knockdown from Kaboul that he doesn't connect properly with. The keeper is right in front of him anyway.

Second one he gets off a good shot, but a defender gets his foot in the way.

Is every little half chance a missed sitter when it comes to Soldado?

Back