• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Besiktas

First chance is a knockdown from Kaboul that he doesn't connect properly with. The keeper is right in front of him anyway.

Second one he gets off a good shot, but a defender gets his foot in the way.

Is every little half chance a missed sitter when it comes to Soldado?

This is possibly true and a fair point but how many half chances can he miss before we do question his ability ? my biggest worry is his overall play he offers little in this and his little flicks when there is nobody within 20 yards of him drive me bonkers, we have kept him out of the limelight and this has failed we have given him plenty of minutes and this has failed, where do we go from here ?

This is possibly true and a fair point but how many half chances can he miss before we do question his ability ? my biggest worry is his overall play he offers little in this and his little flicks when there is nobody within 20 yards of him drive me bonkers, we have kept him out of the limelight and this has failed we have given him plenty of minutes and this has failed, where do we go from here ?

I think his overall play is excellent. He links up with others and creates chances. His movement in the box is good. He was starved of decent chances for a long time. I'd just give him a long run in the side. Unless we find someone to come in as the new first choice striker, all the chopping and changing is no good. Keep Ade away from the side unless he gets his **** together and starts showing some form.

I agree with jordinho, every chance he gets us classed as a sitter. He has missed some sitters but what striker doesn't. His general play is very good and we are a better team with him than without IMO

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

His overall play is very good, such an intelligent player....

To fair, Paulinho, Townsend and Dembele were his main providers today. Even Aguero would struggle with that calibre of service.

Quite.

Between Dembele holding the ball until the end of time, Townsend working out the best option and then doing the precise opposite at all times and Paulinho doing I don't know what, it's a surprise he ever got the ball.

Being delusional is all part of being a Spurs fan, but the 'Robbie' Bobbie, 'Soldier' apologist take it to a new level. I can't remember in the nearly 60 years I've been going to watch Spurs when we have had service one player, but I'm an old fart and know nothing about modern football or computer games.

Who's being an apológist? That's one of the most wrongly used words on here. Stating reasons why I don't consider him **** just because he keeps missing these "sitters" is not making excuses. You'd think none of our other players ever misses chances.

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just say what I believe is true. Soldado will not score goals on an acceptable level for this Spurs team and I cannot see that dismantling the team in the hope that he does is a viable option. I would love to see him get 20 goals as I would have Adebayor, Lamela or Uncle Tom Cobley as I am a SPURS supporter and do not dislike any of our players, but neither do I think they should get a free ride because I like them better than someone else when they are not doing what they are there to do.

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just say what I believe is true. Soldado will not score goals on an acceptable level for this Spurs team and I cannot see that dismantling the team in the hope that he does is a viable option. I would love to see him get 20 goals as I would have Adebayor, Lamela or Uncle Tom Cobley as I am a SPURS supporter and do not dislike any of our players, but neither do I think they should get a free ride because I like them better than someone else when they are not doing what they are there to do.

I thought that it was the job of all players to improve the team. That's definitely something that Soldado does.

First chance is a knockdown from Kaboul that he doesn't connect properly with. The keeper is right in front of him anyway.

Second one he gets off a good shot, but a defender gets his foot in the way.

Is every little half chance a missed sitter when it comes to Soldado?

He should still score the first chance, he took his eye of the ball which was the reason he didn't connect properly.

Second is by no means a sitter, but it's one he should have taken IMO, should have hit it first time, it just sums up his lack of confidence i.e. always wanting one more touch. I've been one of his biggest apologists, but I'm finally realising that perhaps it's just not meant to be.

I thought that it was the job of all players to improve the team. That's definitely something that Soldado does.

He definitely does, but his goal ratio has been appalling to be blunt and that is ultimately what a striker is paid to. If we had other players who could score it wouldn't be such and issue; but Lennon doesn't score, ditto Lamela. The only ones who do are Eriksen and Chadli who hasn't been in the side lately. Look, I would play him every time over Ade but I believe it will not work out for him here, I'll change my mind when he starts to score regularly.

And what hell is a eastern imperial eagle? :lol:

He definitely does, but his goal ratio has been appalling to be blunt and that is ultimately what a striker is paid to. If we had other players who could score it wouldn't be such and issue; but Lennon doesn't score, ditto Lamela. The only ones who do are Eriksen and Chadli who hasn't been in the side lately. Look, I would play him every time over Ade but I believe it will not work out for him here, I'll change my mind when he starts to score regularly.

And what hell is a eastern imperial eagle? :lol:

I don't know. I can't keep up myself lately!

Back