• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

Lawro

Prediction League Champion 2016/17
While you wait, here's what my fellow expert Paul Merson has to say:

I’m going to go with Manchester United here but I have concerns whether their new signings will have had time to gel before the start of the season. You never know, Bastian Schweinsteiger may struggle to make the transition to the Premier League – after all it is a lot different to having 85 percent possession like Bayern Munich have been known to have in the Bundesliga. The Premier League is hustle and bustle where you have a dominant game yet only have 65 percent possession. I’ve seen a lot of players come over and struggle to adapt to the league, but I’ll save my judgement on United’s signings until we’re well into the season. As for Spurs, I watched them against the MLS All-Stars and they started poorly and were 2-0 down in no time. If they do that at Old Trafford they’re going to be in trouble. Saying that, I expect things to be tight with United just edging it.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0 (6/1 with Sky Bet)

Seriously .. how we looked at MLS all stars? it bends my mind that these clams are paid to say brick like this ...

...and for the first time for me this season I say..................WHAT A TWUNT!!

Aaah, feel better already.

Man Utd v Tottenham (12:45 BST)

United need another striker and they are being linked with Tottenham's Harry Kane.

If they get him, it would be a gamble because he has only really had one season in the Premier League. It was a very good one, but history tells me that it will be far more difficult for him in his next campaign.

_84717287_tottenhamstrikerharrykane.jpg

Kane, 21, scored 21 Premier League goals for Spurs last season

As far as the game is concerned, I am not expecting a repeat of the opening day of last seasonwhen United started poorly and lost at home to Swansea.

That was Louis van Gaal's first game in English football. Even if his squad still needs some work, he will be ready this time.

Van Gaal has made a few good signings already and this time I think United will hit the ground running.

Lawro's prediction:2-0

Reading the twunticle, above, just makes me sit back & realise again just how big a deal Kane's 21 goal season was. I know that it was an incredible achievement but simply, wow, it's almost as if I'm just used to him being that good now that I just accept it but as first full seasons go, his was very special, especially as it didn't start until November.

As for the twunt's prediction, who wouldn't have known that was his prediction, even before launching this thread? He settles for simple 2-0s time & time again. It's as boring, as he is a twunt.

Its a easy decision for him this one, over the years I have been at O/T dozens of time to see my club and we do not win very often :(, however I fee upbeat about this one as I feel that Utd may struggle to fit all these new players into a team.

Probably not though :(

_41585324_merson_416.jpg

Drunkard says:

"I'm going to go with Manchester United here but I have concerns whether their new signings will have had time to gel before the start of the season. You never know, Bastian Schweinsteiger may struggle to make the transition to the Premier League - after all, it is a lot different to having 85 per cent possession like Bayern Munich have been known to have in the Bundesliga.

The Premier League is hustle and bustle where you have a dominant game yet only have 65 per cent possession. I’ve seen a lot of players come over and struggle to adapt to the league, but I’ll save my judgement on United’s signings until we’re well into the season.

As for Spurs, I watched them against the MLS All-Stars and they started poorly and were 2-0 down in no time. If they do that at Old Trafford they’re going to be in trouble. Saying that, I expect things to be tight with United just edging it."

_41585324_merson_416.jpg

Drunkard says:

"I'm going to go with Manchester United here but I have concerns whether their new signings will have had time to gel before the start of the season. You never know, Bastian Schweinsteiger may struggle to make the transition to the Premier League - after all, it is a lot different to having 85 per cent possession like Bayern Munich have been known to have in the Bundesliga.

The Premier League is hustle and bustle where you have a dominant game yet only have 65 per cent possession. I’ve seen a lot of players come over and struggle to adapt to the league, but I’ll save my judgement on United’s signings until we’re well into the season.

As for Spurs, I watched them against the MLS All-Stars and they started poorly and were 2-0 down in no time. If they do that at Old Trafford they’re going to be in trouble. Saying that, I expect things to be tight with United just edging it."

Forgot to mention the Drunkard predicted 1-0 to Manure....:oops:

Tottenham v Stoke
I co-commentated on Stoke's defeat by Liverpool on Sunday and they did not really create much, which will be a worry.

Tottenham will have similar concerns about their attack and I can understand why they are signing Cameroon striker Clinton N'Jie from Lyon, because Harry Kane needs help.

Home advantage will be enough for Spurs on Saturday, but there will not be much between the two sides.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Of course he has

Paul Merson has backed Chelsea to draw at Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal to beat Crystal Palace

All of Stoke's signings have played for big, big football clubs. Winning football clubs. Tottenham did OK at United but still lost. These are two decent teams a lot closer than we think in terms of quality. Given that, I'm going for an entertaining draw.

I'd say don't judge Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino yet. The side is still not fully his, he'll want to bring more in. I like him and think he's a good manager, but there's a hell of a lot of pressure on Harry Kane this season.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

Leicester v Tottenham
I am at King Power Stadium on Saturday for BBC Radio 5 live and I am looking forward to watching Leicester, who will cause Tottenham lots of problems.

The Foxes have got loads of width and pace and I have always been a fan of Gokhan Inler,who they have signed from Napoli this week, too.

_85095612_leicestermanagerclaudioranieri.jpg

Two games, two wins - Claudio Ranieri has made an impressive start as Foxes boss

As for Spurs, I just can't weigh them up at the moment.

Harry Kane had a great season last time out but clearly they had to get him some help in attack over the summer.

That hasn't really happened yet, and for such a big club to have such an over-reliance on one player in attack is a strange situation.

It will be interesting to see howtheir new signing Clinton N'Jie gets on,but you can understand why Spurs are trying to sign Saido Berahino too.

Lawro's prediction:1-1

Leicester have apparently got 28 points out of the last 33. Does that make us underdogs?

Back