• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team. Dier and Loftus Cheek in CM, with Alli and Lingard supporting Kane. Use Rashford from the bench if we need to go direct.

Sterling’s pace is A huge threat though as it stretches teams

Pity he can’t do anything remotely technical

I think he’s absolutely dreadful. Not because he’s an arsenal player because he is.

Every arsenal fan I know says the same too.

I'm sure he's only in the squad because of marketing/political reasons. Same with Cahill going over Tarkowski. They just wouldn't let Southgate go without a single Arsenal or Chelsea player.

In the mid-90s Nigeria were supposed to be the next big footballing powerhouse, but it never really happened (WC 94 didn't go as well as expected IIRC) and they kind of got overtaken by Ghana and Cameroon.

I know there are a few Nigerians on here. What's a quick potted history of what happened/where you are at now?

I remember when I was younger wanting us to sign Taribo West and Sunday Oliseh. ......I loved watching Oliseh in midfield, so cool

I think the goal gave rose tinting to it. The defence was largely untested and then a bit ropey when it was tested. He wasn't bad, but he's no Maguire

No
He made some decent blocks and won every header. He also cleared the ball a few times
For me he was head and shoulders above every other defender

I thought it was a very promising first half. The second half was brick though. No one had any idea how to break them down.

Pickford - Great on the ball, didn't have much chance for the goal.

Trippier - Solid. Great deliveries today as well, something he hasn't done as much of recently.
Walker - Looks settled in the back three. Quite happy with him there as he can drive forward with it.
Cahill - Decent game. Great goal, but also looked dodgy at times.
Stones - If any of the CB's should be worrying about their spot after today it would be him. Really didn't look good defending nor with the ball.
Young - Not sure. He was good, but got caught out at times too.

Dier - Looked statuesque at times. I honestly thought he looked slower, though he still put in some great tackles and drove forward.
Dele - He was close to being MOTM for me. Definitely at fault for the goal, though I was worried before hand about his defensive mindset. Going forward though he was easily our most influential.
Lingard - Really good movement though at times he seemed positionally in two minds. There were a few occasions where he was coming out to stand on Trippier's toes, which was hampering us going forward.

Sterling - I thought he did well. Still not the greatest in front of goal, but he was a threat.
Kane - Off the pace still. He dropped deep and sprayed some really nice passes, but more telling for me was his failure to put it in front of Sterling in the build up to the second goal.

Back