• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Betrand, Ward-Prowse, Livermore, Redmond, Lingard all not good enough to play for England. It was clear Southgate gave them the meaningless friendly so he can keep the better players for the qualifiers.

Shame that Dier/Walker had to do so much work tonight. Alli also put in a good shift. A decent display against a poor German side.

@GinolaGinolaGinola - don't buy a conservatory, they are bloody freezing all winter, then bloody boiling in the summer. You remember how it was really hot last Tuesday and then really freezing winds and sleet today, then really sunny and warm? Like that. But indoors.
Noted. I'll save £15k and buy myself a sports car. Mid mid life crisis.

Pretty much every club in the PL is more in need of a centre back than us, so I can see the richer clubs pricing us out of this one.

Rumours about the lad at Hull McGuire I think it is has been linked with us, can not say I know enough about him. I like the idea of carter vickers coming through and maybe signing Tielmens who can play mid field and defence.

Really tinkled that Dier and Walker played the full 90 minutes (based on BBC's report) and Dele played 71 - it was a bloody friendly! I could only watch 20 minutes before I fell asleep.

I thought it was a good display against a very average German side, on the plus side our 3 boys played well, Keane looked good and I thought Redmond and Rashford did not look out of place at that level and Hart looked safe, apart from the dribble. Felt sorry for Livermore try hard but as we know his passing lets him down, Vardy is a one trick pony and has no link up play, Lallana is an enigma, looks very good at times and clueless sometimes. Smalling is the worse centreback I've ever seen play for England, his only asset is his pace, but it only allows him to get close enough to grab hold of a player, his passing is shocking and he continues to pass behind players or to them when they are marked. Long way to go but we did look like a team last night.

I thought it was a good display against a very average German side, on the plus side our 3 boys played well, Keane looked good and I thought Redmond and Rashford did not look out of place at that level and Hart looked safe, apart from the dribble. Felt sorry for Livermore try hard but as we know his passing lets him down, Vardy is a one trick pony and has no link up play, Lallana is an enigma, looks very good at times and clueless sometimes. Smalling is the worse centreback I've ever seen play for England, his only asset is his pace, but it only allows him to get close enough to grab hold of a player, his passing is shocking and he continues to pass behind players or to them when they are marked. Long way to go but we did look like a team last night.
Excellent summary overall but though I know what you mean about Smalling I thought yesterday he was pretty decent, especially in the first when he twice cleanly dispossessed his opponent with handsomely timed tackles down by the corner flag then cleared the danger tidily.

Yup with 3 at the back I think we've got a strong first XI - with the exception of CB!

But Spurs' front 5 (including wing-backs) with Lallana in place of Eriksen is strong, and Dier and Henderson would be a strong midfield pairing in my book. Cahill decent too. So just those other two CB spots really that wouldn't be strong.

Yup with 3 at the back I think we've got a strong first XI - with the exception of CB!

But Spurs' front 5 (including wing-backs) with Lallana in place of Eriksen is strong, and Dier and Henderson would be a strong midfield pairing in my book. Cahill decent too. So just those other two CB spots really that wouldn't be strong.
I would agree with the majority of this but I just don't get the praise for Cahill... he always seems to have a catastrophic mistake in him, and I don't trust him!

I enjoyed the game, not so much Southgate comments of being happy in defeat, I can see where he is coming from but that's half our issue, lose well and pat ourselves on the back.

Redmond and Rashford did not look out of place at that level and Hart looked safe, apart from the dribble. Felt sorry for Livermore try hard but as we know his passing lets him down, Vardy is a one trick pony and has no link up play, Lallana is an enigma, looks very good at times and clueless sometimes. Smalling is the worse centreback I've ever seen play for England, his only asset is his pace, but it only allows him to get close enough to grab hold of a player, his passing is shocking and he continues to pass behind players or to them when they are marked. Long way to go but we did look like a team last night.

Rashford is going to be some player, he is top drawer I think.

Vardy you are spot on BUT he scare the oppo to death which is something we played on as Alli and a few others had space

Lallana, I like, Liverpool missed him badly when he was out and I think he looks good for England, I know where you come from though, but that type of player will always divide opinion.

Smalling has the tools but is dreadful, Keane looked handy, I would not mind him being at Spurs in all honesty

Bertrand is really off today - several bad passes and naff decisions
No different than the friendly the other night. We must have better options?

Also, what the fudge has Oxlade-Chamberlain done to be an international player? Let's face it though, Livermore's on the bench. Not exactly a 'golden generation' is it?

That Defoe motm sums up England.
The media care more about narrative against a brick opponent than preparing for a world cup.

Defoe completed 6 passes. Was completely anonymous bar a tap in.
If he played like that in a world cup against decent opposition England would be overrun with effectively playing with 10 men.

Instead of people saying Defoe wasn't good enough the media give him the motm because it makes a good story.

That Defoe motm sums up England.
The media care more about narrative against a brick opponent than preparing for a world cup.

Defoe completed 6 passes. Was completely anonymous bar a tap in.
If he played like that in a world cup against decent opposition England would be overrun with effectively playing with 10 men.

Instead of people saying Defoe wasn't good enough the media give him the motm because it makes a good story.

Indeed, a travesty. OK with him playing though

Back