• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Harder to score at the death ... character.

As a striker you will miss .... but you will be remembered for last minute goals under pressure.

I won't get carried away ... one season wonder
Indeed, but that goal wasn't 'a mark of a great striker'.

As a bit of a side note this one season wonder comment some Spurs fans come out with is getting a bit boring. After his first season some questioned whether he'd do it next season which is a legitimate question as there have been plenty who have been one season wonders. But then he came back and did it again and proved he wasn't, it's not like a section of the media or fans were then going around still calling him a one season wonder so what exactly is the point of that comment? Some still aren't convinced he is in the top bracket of strikers because he is yet to prove himself in European football or international stage and that is something he's going to have to improve on over time and I'm sure he will.....

Opinions .... for me Andy cole was a good striker but would never count on him scoring clinically especially when pressure was on.

In my humble opinion a striker that keeps on going to the very end even after missing a few ... is the mark of a great striker.

The one season wonder is a tongue in cheek comment one of which I love.

Opinions .... for me Andy cole was a good striker but would never count on him scoring clinically especially when pressure was on.

In my humble opinion a striker that keeps on going to the very end even after missing a few ... is the mark of a great striker.

The one season wonder is a tongue in cheek comment one of which I love.
Like you say...opinions! Fair play mate.

Indeed, but that goal wasn't 'a mark of a great striker'.

As a bit of a side note this one season wonder comment some Spurs fans come out with is getting a bit boring. After his first season some questioned whether he'd do it next season which is a legitimate question as there have been plenty who have been one season wonders. But then he came back and did it again and proved he wasn't, it's not like a section of the media or fans were then going around still calling him a one season wonder so what exactly is the point of that comment? Some still aren't convinced he is in the top bracket of strikers because he is yet to prove himself in European football or international stage and that is something he's going to have to improve on over time and I'm sure he will.....
I'd normally agree but I'd say that with Kane it was different. Even midway through his breakthrough season you could see he was going to be much more than just a one-season-wonder.

The day when he scored that brace as we trounced Chelsea 5-3 at WHL was the turning point. The moment when I and many others became convinced he was the real deal. Of course none of us saw it coming before his breakthrough season but by that game it was clear for all to see in his ability on the ball, the way he was able to hold possession and use the ball intelligently and bring others into play, his shot accuracy, his energy, his hunger, his determination, everything, yes, even his greed.

No, especially his greed!

Like every England player last night he was not at his best, and Kane would normally have put the two chances he had in the first half away. He was in the right place for his goal but the keeper was stuck in cement and it should have been his ball. Reality is sometimes needed but it does not mean he is not a special player.

it was a tap in really

a diagonal into the box should have been dealt with by the D

Kane took it at waist height, keeper could easily have come and taken it higher, didn't read the flight at all well

if scotland score that goal the narrative would have been about Hart rather than the scorer
Mrs. Redknapp could have scored that one...

In his last five games for club and country (discounting the kickabout in Kitchee) Harry has averaged better than one goal every 40 minutes:

Tottenham 2 - 1 Manchester United (Kane mins 90, goals 1)
Leicester 1 - 6 Tottenham (Kane mins 90, goals 4)
Hull City 1 - 7 Tottenham (Kane mins 79, goals 3)
Scotland 2 - 2 England (Kane mins 90, goals 1)
France 3 - 2 England (Kane mins 90, goals 2)

Total minutes played: 439
Total goals scored: 11
Average minutes per goal: 39.9

Prolific!

Clive scored 49 goals in 54 appearances in 1986-87. It remains the best goal tally for a single season in the Club’s history, toppling the 42 achieved by two greats - Jimmy Greaves in 1962-63* and Martin Chivers in 1971-72.

It’s a total that surely can never be beaten. Or can it?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/clive-allen-on-harry-kane-49-goals-160617/

Clive was very lucky in that he had two greats providing him with top service ( Hoddle, Waddle), as good as the players around Kane may be they are not as good as those two. ( imo).

Clive was very lucky in that he had two greats providing him with top service ( Hoddle, Waddle), as good as the players around Kane may be they are not as good as those two. ( imo).

You are probably right, but I bet Clive started scoring first day of the season while Harry were 6-8 weeks to get warmed up

Yep, laid on a plate is the term that comes to mind. Great striker though.

You are probably right, but I bet Clive started scoring first day of the season while Harry were 6-8 weeks to get warmed up

You are right he did But its swings and roundabouts Kane scored 8 goals in the last 6 Lge games of the last season.

Allen scored 1 in the last 6 Lge games of that season.

Yep, laid on a plate is the term that comes to mind. Great striker though.

Yes he was, that was a new formation for us just one striker but as i said he had a lot of great players feeding him. I always felt sorry for Nico Classen who was also a very good striker but only got the odd game and was used as a sub. Then Pleat went and EL TEL never fancied him and he ended going back to Belgium.

Yes he was, that was a new formation for us just one striker but as i said he had a lot of great players feeding him. I always felt sorry for Nico Classen who was also a very good striker but only got the odd game and was used as a sub. Then Pleat went and EL TEL never fancied him and he ended going back to Belgium.
I didn't really appreciated the amazing achievement that season was for Clive Allen then. Around that time I was mostly tinkled and had moved my focus away from footie for a few years (college, girls, music, chemistry, booze). For Allen it was by any measure a phenomenal achievement.

Best Golden Boot winners in Premier League history:
2016/17 Harry Kane = 0.97 goal per game
2013/14 Luis Suarez = 0.94
2007/08 Cristiano Ronaldo = 0.91
2009/10 Didier Drogba = 0.91
1995/96 Alan Shearer = 0.89
1993/94 Andy Cole = 0.85
2005/06 Thierry Henry = 0.84
2014/15 Sergio Aguero = 0.84
1999/00 Kevin Phillips = 0.83
1994/95 & 1996/97 Alan Shearer = 0.81
2003/04 Thierry Henry = 0.81