• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He is as good as anyone in the tier below Messi and Ronaldo.

Excluding those two, what number 9 could we swap him for who would definitely outscore him or match his output for 3 seasons running? I can't think of any. He is a machine and one of the most accurate shooters in world football.

Yeah I didn't think of that. He is far better than Van Nistelroy :)

I don't completely disagree with the RVN comparison, similar all round player, good movement, lethal finisher. To @r-u-s-x 's point, Kane added range shooting and probably a little more physicality to his game.

To @the dza 's question, their probably are a few strikers in the tier right below Messi/Ronaldo who people could argue are on par/better than Kane, not many are proven to do it in the PL however, so no, can't think of anyone I'd swap him for.

I'm interested to what he adds to his game next season (he seems very driven to improve), my anecdotal observation of this season vs. his previous is he's considerably stronger on the ball (he now bullies defenders) and he has improved his left foot (not that it was terrible to begin with)

Harry is the real deal, I love him to bits. Even my mum, who isn't a football fan, loves him to bits, and refers to him as "her boy"...in a motherly way, I assure you!
Point being, he's a 100% genuine fella. Never in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Works hard, practices hard, hence the constant improvement we see.
No petulance, no Bertie big gonad*s.
In contrast, Beckham, despite all his "honours", isn't fit to have the steam off of Harry's tinkle.

Is Harry Kane World Class? I think he is

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...lden-boot-again-if-hes-not-world-class-who-is

Kane is not only the fourth man to win the Premier League Golden Boot outright in back-to-back seasons, but he is also significantly younger than his three predecessors Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie. In fact, the 23-year-old forward is the youngest man to achieve that feat in consecutive English top-flight seasons this side of World War Two.

Think it's fair to assume he would have scored 30 league goals if not for his injuries. Has any Spurs striker ever done that in the PL era?

He's the best finisher in the league. Aguero's overall game is better IMO but Kane is the striker I would want if through on goal.

If I had to compare Kane to another player, I think it'd be Benzema. Strong allround players capable of scoring from all angles with both feet and head. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was more of a fox in the box type of player.

Top scorer in one of the best leagues in the world two years in a row - it goes without saying that he's world class. If he isn't, then who the hell is?

Is Harry Kane World Class? I think he is

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...lden-boot-again-if-hes-not-world-class-who-is

Kane is not only the fourth man to win the Premier League Golden Boot outright in back-to-back seasons, but he is also significantly younger than his three predecessors Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie. In fact, the 23-year-old forward is the youngest man to achieve that feat in consecutive English top-flight seasons this side of World War Two.
Perhaps also worth noting they played four games more per season up to the mid-90s.

Think it's fair to assume he would have scored 30 league goals if not for his injuries. Has any Spurs striker ever done that in the PL era?

He's the best finisher in the league. Aguero's overall game is better IMO but Kane is the striker I would want if through on goal.
I think it's safe to assume that he'd have scored 30 league goals if Poch hadn't subbed him off against Hull!

Seriously though, the boy is seriously good. Hattrick with his wrong foot? Check.

Apparently his goal per game ratio this season is the highest of any golden boot winner in the Premier League era
Yup and that late flurry means Kane has the best minutes-per-goal too!

Kane (16/17): 29 goals in 30 games; over 2536 minutes = 87mpg
Suarez (13/14): 31 in 33; over 2965 minutes = 96mpg
van Persie (11/12): 30 in 38; over 3333 minutes = 111mpg
Drogba (09/10): 29 in 32; over 2775 minutes = 96mpg
Ronaldo (07/08): 31 in 34; over 2747 minutes = 89mpg
Henry (03/04): 30 in 37; over 3330 minutes = 111mpg
Phillips (99/00): 30 in 36; over 3195 minutes = 107mpg
Shearer (95/96): 31 in 35 over 3150 minutes = 102mpg

If I had to compare Kane to another player, I think it'd be Benzema. Strong allround players capable of scoring from all angles with both feet and head. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was more of a fox in the box type of player.

Top scorer in one of the best leagues in the world two years in a row - it goes without saying that he's world class. If he isn't, then who the hell is?

It appears that you're not the only one...

So here is the real question = how good is this guy?

Because he doesn't do a ton of step overs and overdone dribbling, at first glance people don't rate him. Watch him carefully and you see the movement, the lack of backlift, how quickly he gets a shot off and the balance when he shoots (that typically means he never hits anything into row Z). Add his strength on the ball and he is a nightmare for defenders.

His stats are WC now, 3 seasons at 20+ in PL, basically scored at 1:1 game/goal ratio in PL, something only 2 players I know do in the Spanish league.

So, how good is he?

He is the player Bill Nick wanted Martin Chivers to be.

Big Chiv was more skillful on the ball, and could have knocked defenders over like skittles had he had a bit more devil in him; very good player - I remember him pinging in a 30-yarder with zero backlift that never rose more than a foot off the ground - but I think Kane is already better and its down probably largely down to desire.

Guess I will have to rethink my assertion that Kane is more of a Number 10 than a centre forward.

He is the player Bill Nick wanted Martin Chivers to be.

Big Chiv was more skillful on the ball, and could have knocked defenders over like skittles had he had a bit more devil in him; very good player - I remember him pinging in a 30-yarder with zero backlift that never rose more than a foot off the ground - but I think Kane is already better and its down probably largely down to desire.

Guess I will have to rethink my assertion that Kane is more of a Number 10 than a centre forward.

Strange how the memory plays tricks. It was more like 20 yards and there was some backlift. Still, considering they were playing with a volleyball, this is still impressive stuff from Big Chiv.

Question, Do you think Kane would have reach the heights he has if we had not had Poch in charge?

Question, Do you think Kane would have reach the heights he has if we had not had Poch in charge?

Probably not.

I think the Poch effect is so critical to our performances that it's fair to say we wouldn't be creating as many opportunities for Kane if we were messing around in mid table.

Back