• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

For those who like their stats. What is Sanchez's aerial ability like? And no, I don't mean can he pilot one of those Red Arrows, I mean can he win headers? I've rarely seen him win a header and instead, I've seen him back away and wait for the ball to come down, rather than jumping for it. He's very physical too and I expect it won't be long before he concedes a penalty.

Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of his, but I think it's appropriate to have a wide view of a players attributes rather than just sing praises for all the good work whilst ignoring perceived weaknesses.

Reactions: DTA
Indeed, he is one of the best 21 year old defenders in the world, but he is not yet better than loads and loads of 28 year old defenders playing all over the world... who knows if he will keep developing and become one of the best 28 year old defenders in the world. Will he remain with Spurs so we can reap the dividend of this improvement? The probability is that he will do well for a few years and we'll sell him for very good money, benefiting in that way.
Why would we sell him, if he doesn't agitate for a move?

... very conservative in his passing, and I think thats purely from a "What ever you do dont make a mistake" ringing around in his head.

To be honest, I'm happy for that to be the mentality of a player who is (bar Hugo) the last line of defence. A team like Liverpool would be winning more games if their defenders had a bit more of this mentality.

Last edited:
Its just good sense.

All Im trying to say really is that I think he is playing within himself at the moment (and playing well none the less) and that there is a fair bit more to come from him as he settles and starts to express himself.

The Ajax videos showed a much greater range of passing, particularly vertical passes into the forwards. Exactly the sort of thing Poch loves.

Its just good sense.

All Im trying to say really is that I think he is playing within himself at the moment (and playing well none the less) and that there is a fair bit more to come from him as he settles and starts to express himself.

The Ajax videos showed a much greater range of passing, particularly vertical passes into the forwards. Exactly the sort of thing Poch loves.
And in his position he doesnt need to take any risks - Verts and Toby break out with the ball so just tidy up, give it to them and let them do their thing. Its been working brilliantly so far.....

Davinson Sanchez rages at David Ospina after Arsenal keeper’s costly errors put Colombia’s World Cup qualification on hold

Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina gifted Paraguay victory on Thursday night with two massive blunders late in the game that now leave Colombia’s World Cup hopes in doubt.

His side took the lead deep into the second half through Radamel Falcao, a goal that would have guaranteed Colombia’s place in Russia next summer and taken them to second spot in the qualifying table.

But in the 89th minute Ospina committed a huge error, coming off his line to try and claim a high, optimistic cross into the box but only succeeding in spilling it into the path of a Paraguayan attacker.

As Ospina tried to recover and scramble back to his line, he ended up falling over, powerless to stop Oscar Cardozo from levelling the match.

But things got even worse moments later, in the second minute of stoppage time, when Ospina failed to collect a low cross into the box, palming it straight to Antonio Sanabria who guided the ball into an empty net.

While Ospina looked around sheepishly, his countryman and north London rival Davinson Sanchez had a rather different reaction.

davinson.png

Sanchez was visibly furious as Ospina threw away victory against Paraguay (Picture: Sport TV3)

davinson-2.png

He soon turned to Ospina and screamed in the direction of the Arsenal man (Picture: Sport TV3)

Having watched the keeper throw away three points, quite literally, Sanchez was seen screaming furiously as the Paraguayan team ran away celebrating, before turning towards Ospina to direct his anger at the Arsenal man.

The result means Colombia slip to fourth place in the CONMEBOL standings, the final automatic spot, turning their final qualifier against Peru into a must-win match.

Ospina’s gaffe is the latest in a long line of questionable performances from the 29-year-old, who was heavily linked with a summer departure from Arsenal but instead stayed to remain as Petr Cech’s backup.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/06/davin...up-qualification-on-hold-6981024/?ito=cbshare

-------------------------------------------

Funny looking at Sanchez's reaction for the second goal, raging like a mad man. But then I think he is partly at fault for the goal as he failed to block the cross and was slow to react after the goalie spilled the ball. As for Colombia, just imagine throwing away a 1-0 lead in the 89th minute to lose 1-2 at home. They are now in danger of missing the World Cup as they have to travel to Peru to get at least a draw.

Ospina:).....a long straight free kick, you got 3 of your defenders waiting to head it, and just 1 forward, and he comes out to flap at it. Mind blowing decision making. Even if the forward heads it, it is the hardest type of free kick to score from.

Davinson Sanchez rages at David Ospina after Arsenal keeper’s costly errors put Colombia’s World Cup qualification on hold

Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina gifted Paraguay victory on Thursday night with two massive blunders late in the game that now leave Colombia’s World Cup hopes in doubt.

His side took the lead deep into the second half through Radamel Falcao, a goal that would have guaranteed Colombia’s place in Russia next summer and taken them to second spot in the qualifying table.

But in the 89th minute Ospina committed a huge error, coming off his line to try and claim a high, optimistic cross into the box but only succeeding in spilling it into the path of a Paraguayan attacker.

As Ospina tried to recover and scramble back to his line, he ended up falling over, powerless to stop Oscar Cardozo from levelling the match.

But things got even worse moments later, in the second minute of stoppage time, when Ospina failed to collect a low cross into the box, palming it straight to Antonio Sanabria who guided the ball into an empty net.

While Ospina looked around sheepishly, his countryman and north London rival Davinson Sanchez had a rather different reaction.

davinson.png

Sanchez was visibly furious as Ospina threw away victory against Paraguay (Picture: Sport TV3)

davinson-2.png

He soon turned to Ospina and screamed in the direction of the Arsenal man (Picture: Sport TV3)

Having watched the keeper throw away three points, quite literally, Sanchez was seen screaming furiously as the Paraguayan team ran away celebrating, before turning towards Ospina to direct his anger at the Arsenal man.

The result means Colombia slip to fourth place in the CONMEBOL standings, the final automatic spot, turning their final qualifier against Peru into a must-win match.

Ospina’s gaffe is the latest in a long line of questionable performances from the 29-year-old, who was heavily linked with a summer departure from Arsenal but instead stayed to remain as Petr Cech’s backup.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/06/davin...up-qualification-on-hold-6981024/?ito=cbshare

-------------------------------------------

Funny looking at Sanchez's reaction for the second goal, raging like a mad man. But then I think he is partly at fault for the goal as he failed to block the cross and was slow to react after the goalie spilled the ball. As for Colombia, just imagine throwing away a 1-0 lead in the 89th minute to lose 1-2 at home. They are now in danger of missing the World Cup as they have to travel to Peru to get at least a draw.
Sanchez was not at fault for not recovering as he was on the ground when he tried to block the initial cross. But he did miss a sitter in front of the goalie in the first half, which could have changed the game entirely.

That 2-1 goal; how on earth was the paraguayan right winger gifted so much space?? Game was so, so slow paced, and that dude just jogged into acres of space and a free passage to goal. tinkle poor defending there.

Ospina though, LOL.

How on earth...? The ball ain't quite round coz it's Soufa Merican football, innit. A certain Manchester commentator might put it this way:

"Too many times we've been postally pipped
We've loaded the saddles, the mickeys are slipped
We're swapping the turf
For the sand and the surf
And the sin
Cause the fix, the fix is in"

That said - sung? - our man Sanchez has a spicy final tilt to play in Peru, where only a win can guarantee qualification. A win against Paraguay would have done the business for Colombia. Now, they play in Lima, an atmospheric park that was the site of the world's worst stadium disaster back in the '60s. More than 300 dead in a riot.

My own experience there was far milder. I worked there for a double header back in 1987. The local derby kicked things off - Universitario against Alianza. Then Peru hosted Canada in a friendly.

Fans brought all manner of fruit and vegetables to the game to throw at officials or rival players. After the derby finished, two enterprising men with carts went around the pitch area picking up all the tossed produce and then sold it back to fans to throw again at Canadian players.

Last edited:
Did you not give that Google thingy a try, Bullet?

From it you can learn anything including that the verse in question is part of a merry, oblique take on the joys of fixing a sporting outcome. (Colombian football is hardly renowned as a bastion of propriety.) Sung mostly in The Queen's English by Guy Garvey of Elbow.

I'll see if there's a slower version.

Our Davy Sanchez played the full 90+ minutes in a pretty intense draw in Peru that gives Colombia qualification for Russia. Hoping he's returning to London in good shape.

Did you not give that Google thingy a try, Bullet?

From it you can learn anything including that the verse in question is part of a merry, oblique take on the joys of fixing a sporting outcome. (Colombian football is hardly renowned as a bastion of propriety.) Sung mostly in The Queen's English by Guy Garvey of Elbow.

I'll see if there's a slower version.

Our Davy Sanchez played the full 90+ minutes in a pretty intense draw in Peru that gives Colombia qualification for Russia. Hoping he's returning to London in good shape.
A-ha. There's nothing proper about your propaganda, fools follow rules when the set commands you

Rules. I don't make or obey rules. I just laugh at them. So, too, do some shady footballers.

For further proof of the bent nature of Latin American football, just look at Peru's late equalizer against Ospina and Colombia. An indirect free kick that Ospina lamely palms into the goal. Let's hope Sanchez isn't bringing any of that baggage to London.

Back