• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

No indeed, but neither has he ever had to finance a new stadium. But you will surely have noticed that over the past few seasons he has consistently and cunningly turned a profit from transfers.
And surely you have noticed that the cunning profit was due to the sale of players that Poch did not want. Again I say no key players were sold.

We all know Levy did not want to sell Bale in 2013

And surely you have noticed that the cunning profit was due to the sale of players that Poch did not want. Again I say no key players were sold.

We all know Levy did not want to sell Bale in 2013
But sell him he did. As he did Modric, Carrick, Berbatov and Keane.

But anyway you continue to side-step the thrust of my argument. Which is that what he does in normal circumstances is not necessarily a guide to what he might do in abnormal ones.

Or maybe you have a crystal ball?

But anyway you continue to side-step the thrust of my argument. Which is that what he does in normal circumstances is not necessarily a guide to what he might do in abnormal ones.

I am not sidestepping, there is just no foundation for your argument. The fact that we are building a new stadium there is no evidence that Levy will choose to sell the best left back in the league.

If on the other hand Rose had a year left on his contract and made it clear he would not sign a new one , went on strike, feign injury, put in a transfer request or made it clear that he never wanted to play for us again, then I might agree with you.

No I do not have a crystal ball but if you wanna put money on it let me know.

I am not sidestepping, there is just no foundation for your argument. The fact that we are building a new stadium there is no evidence that Levy will choose to sell the best left back in the league.

If on the other hand Rose had a year left on his contract and made it clear he would not sign a new one , went on strike, feign injury, put in a transfer request or made it clear that he never wanted to play for us again, then I might agree with you.

No I do not have a crystal ball but if you wanna put money on it let me know.
Well let's just say I admire you're absolute faith in our chairman - and leave it at that.

Just noticed this weird point. Apart from Bale, Modric was the most recent sale here. Five years ago. Before Poch and before an awful lot changed. So pretty much irrelevant selection of examples.
And as for Bale, I've noticed that he's sometimes just lumped into a list of examples about why we're a selling club and can be a perceived further mark in a litany of reasons why Levy's all about the money and the balancing of books and doesn't have true ambition for SPurs.
But we sold Bale for a world record fee. I'd still have rather we kept him, and I don't celebrate the pile of cash instead of the stellar player, but he wanted to go and so we made him the most expensive player in history (at the time). It takes a particularly distorted view to seriously use that as a stick to beat someone with.

Are my thoughts, anyway.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that all those players you mentioned, all wanted to go. Berbs went on strike, Robbie claimed it was a boyhood dream, Levy actually prevented Modders from joining Chelsea and got another season out of him and actually achieved a record price for Bale.

In circumstances where players don't want to play for the team and want to go elsewhere, what more do you think a chairman can do?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back