• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Never been any different. Players always want to move to bigger clubs. Big clubs have always bullied smaller clubs and unsettled their best players, we've done it ourselves and had it done to us by Chelsea. It's just that now the big fish like Chelsea have been eclipsed by Chinese clubs.

i'm getting real strong deja vu that i've said this before, but, in your post, you could
swap the word "club" for "wage structures"

You make a good point about the attitude of players downing tools etc. I heard on a program that they can not drop Payet from the squad because if they do he will run crying to the PFA and that ******** Taylor, who will jump to his defence even though he has refused to play.

Your are right the key point is attitude, yeh this has always happend as @Robspur12 mentioned but it is how its handled thats changed. Bobby Moore cried when he was not allowed to join Spurs and he was twice subject to a bid from us, but he played for them and is a cult hero.

I know people are different but you can't tell me that a player is unable to say to a club "I wan't to leave" whilst continuing to play at the top of their game, its football, its not like asking someone to sleep with their wife that the no longer fancy or love

I'm enjoying the whole Costa saga and hope we can capitalise on it, but what's gone on with Costa and recently Payet reminds me why I made an effort not to get attached to our
players anymore. If a player wants to better his life/career, I don't blame them. But I think it's disgusting when players refuse to play or train. Not much you can do in terms of fining
players as their signing bonus at their new club will more than cover any fines, maybe UEFA and FIFA should step in and ban players from playing for x number of weeks or months. That's the only
deterrent I can think of.

We've had it done to us but people still idiolise those players, which I've never understood.

If you ever get the chance read about Johnny Crossan and his transfer saga in Northern Ireland in the late 50's. Crossan was the golden boy of NI football and a lot of English clubs wanted him, but after some disagreement with his club about a transfer to Sunderland he join an other Irish team. Most players were amateurs and there was a lot of funny deals done back then. His original club reported themselves to the NI FA for trying to arrange one of these deals with him and they got fined and he was banned for life. The ban was partially lifted and he was allowed to play in europe, after about 5 years the ban was totally lifted and he did join Sunderland.

If you ever get the chance read about Johnny Crossan and his transfer saga in Northern Ireland in the late 50's. Crossan was the golden boy of NI football and a lot of English clubs wanted him, but after some disagreement with his club about a transfer to Sunderland he join an other Irish team. Most players were amateurs and there was a lot of funny deals done back then. His original club reported themselves to the NI FA for trying to arrange one of these deals with him and they got fined and he was banned for life. The ban was partially lifted and he was allowed to play in europe, after about 5 years the ban was totally lifted and he did join Sunderland.

He was a good player as well.

I was sure he came on against City in the 5-0, my mistake

You're right. He did - but that was BEFORE this stuff came out; perhaps it was the final straw for him actually......OR....perhaps Bilic brought this up t deflect attention from that performance (when they crumbled after starting decently)

You're right. He did - but that was BEFORE this stuff came out; perhaps it was the final straw for him actually......OR....perhaps Bilic brought this up t deflect attention from that performance (when they crumbled after starting decently)
Billic said he doesn't want to play not he won't, he also said payet told him that before the city game.

Billic said he doesn't want to play not he won't, he also said payet told him that before the city game.

...and yet he played him in the City game, but brought it out in public a few days afterwards, after his team got battered and questions started hanging over his own (i.e. Bilic) future...

Back