• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

We miss Lennon and he will help Soladao.

I can see this happening.

I'm indecisive with Townsend. Some days, I see him playing good passes, looking dangerous with the ball and understand why he's playing.

In other games, I see him wasting possession with ridiculous shots, making poor decisions with his distribution and think that he's a waste of a starting place in the first team.

I'm more convinced by Chadli, so far. I think his experience may be the difference as he seems to play to the game more effectively. We'll see though how this develops.

Can't see it happening, Lennon's delivery isn't that great. More likely he will stifle Walker, who has been decent in attack this season.

Lennon would stifle Walker?? So are we saying Walker is now a greater attacking threat than Lennon??

Lennon would stifle Walker?? So are we saying Walker is now a greater attacking threat than Lennon??

Er.. 'We''re not saying anything. I think you'll find I am saying something. You seem confused.. :p

Lennon has been out injured and usually takes a number of games to get fit and Walker has been playing well so i wouldn't really be starting Lennon in the league until he has gained some match fitness and managed to show that he is up to par in the Europa/League cup competitions.

Even then in the long term I think the combinations i would go with are Lamela/Walker in the league and Townsend/Lennon/Naughton in the cups.

Lennon is definitely a better attacking threat than Walker.

Walker and Lennon linked well v Crystal Palace, so hopeful that could continue.

Er.. 'We''re not saying anything. I think you'll find I am saying something. You seem confused.. :p

Lennon has been out injured and usually takes a number of games to get fit and Walker has been playing well so i wouldn't really be starting Lennon in the league until he has gained some match fitness and managed to show that he is up to par in the Europa/League cup competitions.

Even then in the long term I think the combinations i would go with are Lamela/Walker in the league and Townsend/Lennon/Naughton in the cups.

Dam you, I agree with that

Can't see it happening, Lennon's delivery isn't that great. More likely he will stifle Walker, who has been decent in attack this season.

It will Lennon and Walker have a good understanding, Soldado needs a winger who will get to the byline and put the ball in. He is being starved of supply with Townsend cutting inside most of the time.

It will Lennon and Walker have a good understanding, Soldado needs a winger who will get to the byline and put the ball in. He is being starved of supply with Townsend cutting inside most of the time.

Since when exactly?

Use your eyes, they link up far better then Townsend and Walker.

Have you completely dismissed the last three seasons? Don't you recall all the debate about how much better Corluca was with Lennon than Walker? A few encouraging minutes against Palace hardly justifies your comment. Townsend and Walker have only had a few games together, so it is far to early to judge the respective strengths of these partnerships.

In certain games (or situations within games) I wouldn't mind seeing Lennon in place of Walker, as a VERY attacking full-back. A lot of the time, Walker is the outlet for our possession and he often wastes it, because he isn't that great technically. Lennon is a better user of the ball and a natural attacking player. He's also decent at tracking back.

I'm not saying we should use him there full-time, but sometimes I think it'd be a good tactical change for us.

Have you completely dismissed the last three seasons? Don't you recall all the debate about how much better Corluca was with Lennon than Walker? A few encouraging minutes against Palace hardly justifies your comment. Townsend and Walker have only had a few games together, so it is far to early to judge the respective strengths of these partnerships.

Stop! Hammer time, but if your really think that they do not work well together then there is nothing much more i can say. Except ( imo) i see with my own eyes at the games and i think you are wrong.

Exactly. As chemistry goes Walker and Lennon aren't a patch on Walker and Corluka.

Just hope Lamela and Walker can hit it off.

In certain games (or situations within games) I wouldn't mind seeing Lennon in place of Walker, as a VERY attacking full-back. A lot of the time, Walker is the outlet for our possession and he often wastes it, because he isn't that great technically. Lennon is a better user of the ball and a natural attacking player. He's also decent at tracking back.

I'm not saying we should use him there full-time, but sometimes I think it'd be a good tactical change for us.

Decent at tracking back isn't that helpful though with the system we are playing. We play with two DM's, they are there to provide cover for our offensive players to get forward and do their bit. We need those offensive players to get forward and score goals, not worry about defending when we have possession.

I don't think Lennon is that great at using the ball. Over the last year he has had a distinct pattern of getting the ball, squaring up to the full back and then passing it backwards.

Walker is still young. He will get better. I have my doubts over whether Lennon will or if he has hit his ceiling.

Parklane - I would say you're in the minority if you hold that opinion. Lennon hasn't linked well with Walker for Spurs or Johnson for England. As Spursalot said, they tend to want to occupy the same space. IMO, after three seasons, Lennon and Walker still play like strangers. Contrast them to Baines and Pienar for how a wing partnership really works.

Last edited:
Back