• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Man Utd

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
milo submitted a new blog post

Match ratings - Manchester United

Ballsacks
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason one of the highest rated? Don't think so - it was his inability to move over constantly that caused all of our problems. I am sure Bentaleb will be one the one marked down for the assist to Rooney, but other then that he was the better of the midfield two, and it's in midfield where we lost this game.

Lloris - 3

Walker - 2
Dier - 2
Vertonghen - 3
Rose - 5

Mason - 4
Bentaleb - 3

Eriksen - 3
Townsend - 2
Chadli - 2

Kane - 3

Subs:
Dembele - 5
Lamela - 3
Adebayor - 3

Terrible, just terrible. Haven't seen a worse Spurs game since 0-4 against Liverpool under AVB - and then we even tried to do something.

Danny Rose - 7.
Harry Kane - no service
Bentaleb (second half) - 7
Dembele - 6
Everyone else -3s and 4s

I don't wanna rate any one individual, it was such a bad team effort in the first half it just made you want to cry!

Oohhffff. I'm not a hater, I like all our players, there's no agenda here, but it was shocking:

Lloris. 4
Walker 1.5 - really like him but really?! The only reason he gets more than a one is because he avoided a red card.
Dier 2
Verts 3
Rose 4
Mason 2
Bentalab 3
Chadli 3
Townsend 3
Erikson 3
Kane 4

Moussa 4 - should have started
Lamela 2
Ade 3 - almost marked him down for giving it the biggun whilst we still had the ball and in attack after he lost it and he was just looking in to the crowd for a few seconds (where does this ego come from, what planet does he operate on half the time?!)

Poch 2 - something wasn't right from the start, I didn't agree with two or three of his starters, he gets a point for bringing on moussa after 30 mins.

That was amazingly bad.

Whole team first half - 4
Whole team second half - 6

I think it was just one of those games that is going to happen to a young inconsistent team like us. No one particularly stood out as worse or better than the rest. It was also United's best performance in 2 years. A shame we didn't test their appalling defence though

I did take heart from how we solidified in the second half and showed some resilience. Remember how we used to completely collapse in comparable games under AVB and Timmeh last season

And at least Southampton dropped points too.

Young team, inevitable off day that will happen (accept, move on)

Poch, took a risk with option of Townsend/Dier instead of Dembele/Fazio (which his only other real alternative), was happy to see him make the very early sub, bad day for him

Actually don't understand the ratings against Rose or Lloris. Rose to me was our best player, covered a lot of stuff for other people, put his foot in, was competitive the entire game, Lloris was not at fault for any of the goals

Off day for Kane, looked tired, got bullied.

Mason/Bentaleb struggled .. hopefully learn from it

Interesting to see Ade, would like to see an Ade/Kane combo at some point before season ends

why cant we cricitize lloris. hes meant to make himself hard to beat but once again he stayed on hes line.
spurs have had the same back 4 for a long time but man u have injurys at the back yet still keep more clean sheets then us because de gea the best in the league

why cant we cricitize lloris. hes meant to make himself hard to beat but once again he stayed on hes line.
spurs have had the same back 4 for a long time but man u have injurys at the back yet still keep more clean sheets then us because de gea the best in the league

Mate if you think the difference between the sides today or anyday is the keepers .. not worth a conversation

De Gea is not better than Lloris, he has fudging Carrick & Fellaini in front of their back 4

Rose was good'ish, Dembele OK and Lamela and Kane looked like they gave a brick at least even though they were both poor.

That match was the death of a thousand cuts. Every single player made error after error. Mostly wrong choices in possession, nobody showing for the ball, no one making runs in behind, lack of application, no pressure on the man in possession, and... ah fudge it. It's a reality check for the coach as well as the players.

Mate if you think the difference between the sides today or anyday is the keepers .. not worth a conversation

De Gea is not better than Lloris, he has fudgeing Carrick & Fellaini in front of their back 4
but hes not had carrick in front of him all season lol
have you seen man u defence this season full of kids and not been able to play same team for more then 2 games
im not saying we lost because of lloris
im saying that spurs fans have nobody to blame anymore
it used to be all galas or kaboul or chirches fault .

i would drop walker and play a proper right back who defends first.

The protection in fro t of the back four is the biggest difference imo.

but hes not had carrick in front of him all season lol
have you seen man u defence this season full of kids and not been able to play same team for more then 2 games
im not saying we lost because of lloris
im saying that spurs fans have nobody to blame anymore
it used to be all galas or kaboul or chirches fault .

i would drop walker and play a proper right back who defends first.

Team played poorly .. I would agree Walker in particular had a mare

Manure has Da Gea, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, RVP, Falcao, Di Maria, while they all may have not been available all season, lets not pretend they have a brick squad full of kids ..

absolute brick! Yiu can't just have "a day off" when you're playing such a pivotal game.
Pathetic, shameful, and now back lording it up in their mansions.

Young team, inevitable off day that will happen (accept, move on)

Poch, took a risk with option of Townsend/Dier instead of Dembele/Fazio (which his only other real alternative), was happy to see him make the very early sub, bad day for him

Actually don't understand the ratings against Rose or Lloris. Rose to me was our best player, covered a lot of stuff for other people, put his foot in, was competitive the entire game, Lloris was not at fault for any of the goals

Off day for Kane, looked tired, got bullied.

Mason/Bentaleb struggled .. hopefully learn from it

Interesting to see Ade, would like to see an Ade/Kane combo at some point before season ends

Agree Rose mostly had a decent game but Lloris was not at his very best today, could have done better for two of the goals. The Fellaini shot he stuck his just foot out instead of diving. The Rooney goal was tougher for sure but at his brilliant best he'd probably have got a firmer contact and deflected it past the post.

Lloris 5 - might have done better with two of the goals, see above

Walker 3 - nightmare for much of the game but improved late on
Dier 2 - destroyed for two of the goals, little boy in a big man's game
Vertonghen 3 - poor distribution, hate the way he shirks responsibility
Rose 6 - only Tottenham player to assert himself today

Mason 4 -
Bentaleb 4 - disastrous pass for Rooney's goal and like most around him bullied out of it

Townsend 2 - useless defensively, far too easily knocked off the ball going forward
Eriksen 4 - looked strangely out of his depth until late on
Chadli 3 - another who totally failed to impose himself

Kane 4 - poor game not helped by finding himself surrounded by red shirts and isolated

Subs

Dembele 5 - did okay but by then United were sitting back, holding on to what they'd got
Lamela 2 - fudging NEVER EVER beats his man. NEVER.
Adebayor 4 - looked up for it but unable to make a difference

Poch 5 - Hindsight is 20-20 vision but given he can mix it physically, Fazio should have gone up against Fellaini. At least Poch was quick to replace the struggling Townsend early on to give us a bit more bite in midfield problem was the dye had already been cast.

Manure has Da Gea, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, RVP, Falcao, Di Maria, while they all may have not been available all season, lets not pretend they have a crud squad full of kids ..

I can't help thinking that we would have faired better if they had not had suspensions and injuries. LVG was almost forced into playing a balanced team.

Lloris 5 - Should have dived for the first goal.

Walker 3 - Terrible performance. Still needs to improve his decision making and positioning. And get a football brain, fast.
Dier 3 - Souness was bang on. Him and Vertonghen are nice, pretty ball playing CB's who don't want to get in amongst it. Criminal defending for the two goals.
Vertonghen 4 - Better than Dier, but no leadership as he is the most senior CB we have.
Rose 5 - Better than the rest.

Bentaleb 4 - Him and Mason looked like children playing against grown ups.
Mason 4 - See above.

Eriksen 5 - Not effective I accept that. Still think people need to evaluate the expectations about him. He is not the kind of player YET that will dominate a game like Modric, he is an impact player and will have games where he doesn't always impact in them.
Chadli 4 - Poor.
Townsend 3 - Rightly subbed.

Kane 5 - No service. Not his day.

Can't really blame Poch too much for the selection, with the exception of Fazio. Agree 100% with Scara, he should have played to mark Fellaini.

Our defence is woeful and needs addressing even more than the lack of goals apart from Kane and Eriksen! 6th worst defence in the league, it's amazing we are still in the mix for the top 4 with that kind of record. It's the only real blight on Poch's record so far. I accept he needs time, but we haven't improved one iota defensively as a unit, too many brainfarts.

I know it was an off day for most of the team but I dont put too much blame on Mason and Bentaleb as when Townsend or Chadli inevitably lost the ball they were outnumbered 4 or 5 to 2 and were getting pressed and forced into all types of errors. It makes me laugh when fans think we just have to turn up to beat Man u They are 3rd in the league for a reason, they have a squad full of top class players, and for us to be still in with an(outside)chance of being in the mix for a top 4 place bodes well for us in the future under Poch. If we get into the top 6 this season with our squad full of average players will be a great achievment.
Poch must take the blame for the tactics and starting line up today

Back