• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Brom *** *** OMT ***

That's irrelevant! Dier should focus on things he can affect! Constantly moaning at the ref will only hurt you, and takes his focus off what matters!

helped Sanchez last week. His moaning at the ref made the ref give him that dubious decision and they scored.

One report earlier was tearing into them for time wasting and the ref for not dealing with it
It’s become a legitimate tactic now
Their right back and goalie got booked towards the end (to rapturous applause!) but West Brom parked the bus and wasted half a minute every time they had a set piece, Pullis would’ve been proud.

With Eriksen and Dele having off days, we really needed some magic from the bench. As Steff says, maybe that maverick Aurier might’ve been worth a gamble at least.

Hopefully Lamela will provide an option for Pochettino during the latter half of this season and GNK gets upgraded in January for someone who slots into the team as well as Sanchez.

I woke up late and missed their goal (7am ko here) and I groaned so loud I woke the missus up, if there's one thing you don't do against a team like that, its concede early, they went into complete park the bus mentality as you'd expect them to and Megson has enough nous to orchestrate that, we didn't help ourselves by committing a litany of fouls, allowing rondon to back into our players winining free kicks and wasting another 2 mins, Dier and Sanchez were the worst offenders, Erikson looked like he was drunk, he could barely control the ball all game, and Llorente does absolutely nothing for us, we have no plan b against "blocking" teams, its not just about buying strikers, there will be holes to exploit but our players seem to get too impatient and frustrated. We were never going to win the league this year with the Emirates Marketing Project juggernaut but we need to consolidate, I'm hoping Poch bloods a lot of youngsters the CL game before we play in the league next.

On the positive side, Dembele looked good when he came on - made a real difference for the first time really since his injury so hopefully he is starting to build up some sort of fitness as we will need him in the games to come. Sonny also had a really good game, maybe came inside a little too much but some lovely crosses across the 6 yard box and dancing into the area a few times. Kane/Alli/Eriksen are really looking off form however (yes I know Kane is still scoring) and need some rest, but no viable options is a problem. Not sure what was up with the Verts sub however, I think Dier going off would have made more sense.

That's just a ridiculous comment. Please provide proof of that!

and how am I supposed to get that proof? mind probe the referee?

If it didn't help putting pressure on the referee, the players would not do it. Man united players surrounded the referee all the time during Fergie era, because it works.

Go look at the match footage. You can see Sanchez whining to the referee because the referee didn't give him decisions. bang! referee gives him a dubious free kick.

Well just back in. Gutted. And quite frankly feel like a Jonah. Still yet to see us win at Wembley, and I know it is stupid, but quite frankly I feel like staying away for the Stoke match to give us the chance to win.

Their goal was like slo-motion, not sure what Lloris was thinking he didnt seem to move. Decent 2nd half, but too little too late. Another 15 mins of Dembele might have swung it, he seemed to be difference, but should have come on for Eriksen, not Winks
Not sure what has happened to the Dane of late. Put him in a Denmark shirt and he is like Lionel Messi, back in a Spurs shirt and is Lionel Ritchie.

Ref didnt help, booked Foster 55 minutes too late,fell for everthing WBA did, and the free-kick we did get on the 18yard line, the wall was level with the penalty spot which is 6yards away, 7 at best on a diagonal. No wonder Eriksen hit the wall.

Not a great day at the office, take it out on Leciester please...

How did Foster not get booked for snatching the ball off the ball boy just before half time he was a proper douche today

Should have had a 1st yellow card before the 30 min mark. At one point the ref him to get a move on, and he still took another 5 seconds after being told. That alone should have been enough.

At the end of the day though, timewasting excluded, we still cant break these teams down. As has been suggested (and I know its not just us) we are missing 'that' player who can unlock these stubborn teams

Well that was pretty dire all around today.

Problems I took away from the game, Trippier and Davies inability to take on their man means they more often than not pass back or sideways giving us no threat from the wings forcing us to play in congested areas, we've really missed Walker and Rose marauding the wings. Trippier might have good delivery but as long as the opposing defender stays tight (like today) he can't engineer crossing opportunities and Davies was just plain ineffective at most everything today.

WBA worked hard today and pressed as a team giving Eriksen and Alli no time on the ball and pretty much marked Kane out of the game. I think Son was probably our best player today, although he was probably the wrong player to turn up for us with little space for him to drive into, he's not exactly a creative type to fashion opportunities for others in tight areas.

Rondon bullied our whole back line alone and was clearly their best player.

I'd kill for a Hazard, Sanchez, Sane type; that's the missing link for me, someone who can drive at a team with real pace and football smarts.

Another 15 mins of Dembele might have swung it, he seemed to be difference, but should have come on for Eriksen, not Winks
Not sure what has happened to the Dane of late. Put him in a Denmark shirt and he is like Lionel Messi, back in a Spurs shirt and is Lionel Ritchie.

I was surprised at this substitution myself. Not that Dembele came on but that Winks went off. Eriksen is well off form.

Davies should have been replaced too. That was the worst game I have seen him play, but to be fair there have not been too many.

Missing link Hazard would cost?
I'd like one of your missing links also @Huddy

We need fresher troops for the weekend games after CL games like Tuesday!

Last edited:
Heard the game on the radio but missed our goal! Sounded like hard work. We just ain't as good at Wembley. Hopefully, moving to our new stadium will give us a boost coming from Wembley, just as going to Wembley has been tough coming from The Lane.

Problems I took away from the game, Trippier and Davies inability to take on their man means they more often than not pass back or sideways giving us no threat from the wings forcing us to play in congested areas, we've really missed Walker and Rose marauding the wings. Trippier might have good delivery but as long as the opposing defender stays tight (like today) he can't engineer crossing opportunities and Davies was just plain ineffective at most everything today.

WBA worked hard today and pressed as a team giving Eriksen and Alli no time on the ball and pretty much marked Kane out of the game. I think Son was probably our best player today, although he was probably the wrong player to turn up for us with little space for him to drive into, he's not exactly a creative type to fashion opportunities for others in tight areas.

I'd kill for a Hazard, Sanchez, Sane type; that's the missing link for me, someone who can drive at a team with real pace and football smarts.

Really impressive how Rondon could make his entire body go limp in the blink of an eye when someone touched him.

Thankfully I cant watch today however sounds like another of those games where we're crying out for a forward who can beat a man either through express pace or unpredictable skill
He was on the pitch. His name is Son Heung-Min. If he played for another team, we'd be screaming to sign him.

Pulsic at Dortmund is the one we really need.

Back