• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Certainly leaving it late, though if we believe the rumours the Foyth and Aurier deals are more or less done so paperwork would be ready, pending signatures.

The Barkley one could potentially be linked to the op which someone in the Barkley thread said that he's just had - maybe we wanted to be able to see the results of that?

The above ones don't concern me as I think they'll happen; more ominous is the Balde to Monaco one as not sure who else we'd get from an attacking perspective. How abotu a cheeky bid for Raheem Sterling if Sanchez goes to Man C?? He gets a decent amount of goals for someone who isnt a regular and doesnt play as an out and out CF
I'd say wages would be an issue.

I wonder if Mopo will be happy with this window?

All guess work of course, but I can't see him being happy at all.

Same squad that has been the best in the country over the last 2 seasons, but with Aurier and Sanchez in for Walker and Wimmer. So at least on par

Yes, upgrading Sissoko to a tricky pacy WF would be fantastic, but we're looking very strong.

Same squad that has been the best in the country over the last 2 seasons, but with Aurier and Sanchez in for Walker and Wimmer. So at least on par

Yes, upgrading Sissoko to a tricky pacy WF would be fantastic, but we're looking very strong.

Isn't that Son?

In any case, with 3-4-1-2 looking likely, where does this pacey wing forward play? Or do you mean as an impact sub?

Disagree. My view at the start of the window was that we needed:
- an extra CB given that we had just 5 senior players (TA, JV, ED, VW, KW) covering 4 positions (DM and 3 CBs) if we're playing 3-5-2. I didn't view as CCV as being match-ready for PL or CL purposes, or even hard domestic cup games so we're very, very light on bodies in this area
- additional cover for Dembele given that as a 30 year old who is looking increasing injury prone, its a vulnerability/risk in our squad
- a forward with either pure pace or skill to be able to beat a player in the final third

The second two haven't been accomplished as yet. Regarding the first, we've upgraded KW to DS though in terms of numbers, I havent seen enough to say whether Foyth is ready for proper games. Barkley would cover the second, though GB has been very vocal that he disagrees; my main concern is the third one

Disagree. My view at the start of the window was that we needed:
- an extra CB given that we had just 5 senior players (TA, JV, ED, VW, KW) covering 4 positions (DM and 3 CBs) if we're playing 3-5-2. I didn't view as CCV as being match-ready for PL or CL purposes, or even hard domestic cup games so we're very, very light on bodies in this area
- additional cover for Dembele given that as a 30 year old who is looking increasing injury prone, its a vulnerability/risk in our squad
- a forward with either pure pace or skill to be able to beat a player in the final third

The second two haven't been accomplished as yet. Regarding the first, we've upgraded KW to DS though in terms of numbers, I havent seen enough to say whether Foyth is ready for proper games. Barkley would cover the second, though GB has been very vocal that he disagrees; my main concern is the third one

The Dembele cover/competition has got to be Winks. Otherwise we make the other decision - let him go and replace him.

Barkley has never played CM before - why do you assume he would suddenly convert and be good enough to cover Dembele?

I'd take Sancho for the third. We don't need an immediate starter with Eriksen, Alli, Son and Lamela already there for 2 (occasionally 3) positions.

And we'll still finish ahead of them, because they've got no good goalkeepers, defenders, central midfielders or centre forwards

I agree we have a better defence than them but there attack looks rampant and their midfield is not as bad as you think it is.

And as bad as Liverpool's defence is they have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 matches

I agree we have a better defence than them but there attack looks rampant and their midfield is not as bad as you think it is.

And as bad as Liverpool's defence is they have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 matches

They are a classic overcommit counter attack team, it will be very interesting after the Scum result how the other big teams play them this year. I suspect they will be outwitted badly by Conte & Jose, hopefully Poch learned his lesson last year.

They struggle against brick teams, because when you sit deep, there is no diagonal ball to release a runner wide on.

Their struggle will be having CL commitments (I think European teams will figure Klopp out quickly)

Sky sources: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace's third offer of the summer for Mamadou Sakho.

The bid was thought to be £22m plus £3m in add ons. Palace know Liverpool's expectations on the fee and the rationale behind it.

Liverpool value Sakho at £30m

If this is true they are utter fudgetards Arsenal !!

SANCHEZ, STERLING UPDATE

Details of the negotiations which have taken place between Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal are becoming a little clearer this afternoon...

We understand Emirates Marketing Project are keen on a simple cash-only deal for Alexis Sanchez.

Arsenal, however, are considering a deal which involves Sanchez heading for Emirates Marketing Project, with Raheem Sterling heading for north London. Interestingly, we understand that the deal would also include Arsenal paying a fee to City as a makeweight.

So, to confirm, that's Arsenal paying City a fee for Sterling, with Sanchez also going to City. Wow!

Emojis

giphy.webp

Back