• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Very poor for the first half an hour or so. Better after that though and always has the ability to change the game in the final third.

Whaaaat? He had two assists and hit the crossbar - as well as had other chances for goals and assists. He ran the game for us and was hugely instrumental in our 4-1 win. Super performance.
Two assists, one was a pass 15 yards off target until it got a very lucky deflection, and the other a corner, his first from a corner all season.
He only came into the game when they went to 10 men and tired.

Happy to be proven wrong, but i think we've seen the best of him, and will be lucky to see him bounce back and sustain that level.
Still think he is good enough for our first team but won't be sad to see him go for megabucks.
Hoping to see Poch line up a couple of youngsters to succeed him as proven playermakers don't come cheap.

Two assists, one was a pass 15 yards off target until it got a very lucky deflection, and the other a corner, his first from a corner all season.
He only came into the game when they went to 10 men and tired.

I know you and GB don't rate him, but just look at his record v Ozil (see a few posts above), JUST LOOK AT HIS RECORD.

PS I also think his corner taking is pants though.

Happy to be proven wrong, but i think we've seen the best of him, and will be lucky to see him bounce back and sustain that level.
Still think he is good enough for our first team but won't be sad to see him go for megabucks.
Hoping to see Poch line up a couple of youngsters to succeed him as proven playermakers don't come cheap.

No chance. You will only miss him when he is gone.

Do you not think he was very good in the second half yesterday?

He was at the centre of all our best play yesterday, he really is a very talented player.

and was in position (again, something we are definitely seeing added to his game) to score at least twice (the crossbar hit and the one he skied from left of goal).

wonder how many people noticed Dele's first 50 games in terms of goals/assists was almost exact to Eriksen's first 50 (only 1 assist better, despite Dele playing as a more forward player most times)

Fair play to the doubters, he is often frustrating. Wastes quite a few balls at the moment and you know he has the technical ability to do better. But he more than makes up for it. Ideally, Poch would have an alternative so we might rotate him a bit. But Eriksen is just too central to the way we play. Even when not playing well, he's a crucial player for us.

He is only 24. Very young. Ozil is what 28? I wouldn't swap Eriksen for Ozil! Maybe bring in Coric or Isco, someone who can provide competition and rotation options. I think it would help Eriksen.

Eriksen is as creative as Ozil, yet works 10 times harder. If Eriksen was afforded the same lack of defensive duties that Ozil is then his goal and assist output would increase considerably.

I struggle to see where those that don't rate Eriksen are coming from. I get it that it can be frustrating when he bottles out of a 50-50 tackle (or even 60-40s in his favour) but don't look at what Eriksen doesn't do, look at what he does do and when you do that you see quite quickly that he is amongst our best few players, if not the best of all.

Last edited:
Eriksen is as creative as Ozil, yet works 10 times harder. If Eriksen was afforded the same lack of defensive duties that Ozil is then his goal and assist output would increase considerably.

I struggle to see where those that don't rate Ozil are coming from. I get it that it can be frustrating when he bottles out of a 50-50 tackle (or even 60-40s in his favour) but don't look at what Eriksen doesn't do, look at what he does do and when you do that you see quite quickly that he is amongst our best few players, if not the best of all.
Some fans seem only to notice Eriksen's errors and somehow discount all the good things he does in a game.

That assist for son would have been inch perfect if it wasn't for the deflection

The corner was excellent for once and it looked like we actually had a plan for it which I haven't seen for some time

I thought he had a very good game

Seriously?

Sometimes I despair.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I would keep both Eriksen and Lamela but Eriksen is the better of the two IMO. I would also be happy if we signed someone to take their place, not just a backup who will hopefully challenge them.

I know you and GB don't rate him, but just look at his record v Ozil (see a few posts above), JUST LOOK AT HIS RECORD.

PS I also think his corner taking is pants though.
I do rate him actually, but I think he is to easily intimidated out of a game. Any kind of physical game he hides or shirks his tackles. This has actually got worse.
Secondly he needs to be more adventurous going forward, too many times its the safe ball back.
There's a bloody good player in there, we just need to see it more.

I would keep both Eriksen and Lamela but Eriksen is the better of the two IMO. I would also be happy if we signed someone to take their place, not just a backup who will hopefully challenge them.
I think we will really be where we want to be when we have one player that replaces them both, someone with eriksens passing with Lamela work rate and grit.

And the fact he does not throw himself into reckless tackles.
Thank you parklane I think you have put you're finger right on the button there. Because it seems that for some the perception that he bottles a tackle is all they ever judge him by.

It has been doubly unfortunate for Eriksen recently because this perception has gained momentum whilst playing through injury, something we only learned as he was beginning to emerge through his long spell of poor form.

It now seems that self-preservation was at least that much more forgivable a motive for his heightened caution when going into the tackle in recent months.

Indeed it could be argued that, far from being wimpish, Eriksen deserves credit for his commendable stoicism in even continuing to play. He was no doubt made very well aware from the stands by our more sceptical fans exactly what they thought of his perceived weakness during this period. But a truly weak player would surely have found a way to avoid selection by exaggerating his injury, you,'d have thought

Thankfully to his immense credit there is one insult that can never be levelled at Eriksen, and that is unenviable tag, 'Sicknote.'

Last edited:
Back