• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Didn't see the game. But after his midweek performance, sounds like he would have been better coming off the bench with Winks starting? In hindsight.

I wouldn't play Winks out of position at this stage of his career. I'd maybe tempted to use Nkoudou at the 3rd AM (until Lamela returns) in place of Eriksen over the next few matches though.

on 2nd page? guess people only bitch about Eriksen, in last 5 or so games, hard to bitch.

Well done again, amazing how quickly he can get into the goals ..

I wouldn't play Winks out of position at this stage of his career. I'd maybe tempted to use Nkoudou at the 3rd AM (until Lamela returns) in place of Eriksen over the next few matches though.

5 goals in 4 games and you're still saying bench him? Alli is off his game, Son is hot and cold and Lamela is injured.

I get that he had a very poor start to the season but he's beginning to turn it around. How many goals does he need to score to get your approval again?

Think that's harsh Yiddo, GB posted that before last night's game. It's easy in hindsight to say eriksen had a great game but he wasn't exactly good on Sunday. One game against a CSKA who aren't noted for traveling well is hardly any indication that eriksen is back to his best.
He has had good games before then disappeared again.
He was good last night though, great to see him get into the box, something he's not been doing.

Think that's harsh Yiddo, GB posted that before last night's game. It's easy in hindsight to say eriksen had a great game but he wasn't exactly good on Sunday. One game against a CSKA who aren't noted for traveling well is hardly any indication that eriksen is back to his best.
He was good last night though, great to see him get into the box, something he's not been doing.

Thats my bad, thought he said it after the game.

I think it's been clear since the Chelsea game that Poch has told Eriksen he needs to up his goal output. He's shooting from distance and getting into the box more often.

5 goals in 4 PL games, that's only one less than he managed all of last season.

I think it's been clear since the Chelsea game that Poch has told Eriksen he needs to up his goal output. He's shooting from distance and getting into the box more often.

This place does make me laugh sometimes. Alli's goalscoring touch has deserted him as of late. Eriksen has 5 in the last 4 and GB thinks it would be a good idea to bench him still. Who exactly is going to score the goals if we drop Eriksen?

Interesting point about him getting into the box more often but when it comes to shooting I'm not so sure it's the frequency per se that has been the problem.

Someone put up a graph immediately prior to the start of the five in four you mentioned showing that up to then he'd had 38 shots without scoring. Whilst that stat did not reveal the number of times he'd been denied by a worldy from the keeper or the intervention of woodwork there's no denying that, up until his recent turn of fortune, way too many of his strikes have been either weak, wayward of both.

Last edited:
Interesting point about him getting into the box more often but when it comes to shooting I'm not so sure it's the frequency per se that has been the problem.

Someone put up a graph immediately prior to the start of the five in four you mentioned showing that up to then he'd had 38 shots without scoring. Whilst that stat did not reveal the number of times he'd been denied by a worldy from the keeper or the intervention of woodwork there's no denying that, up until his recent turn of fortune, way too many of his strikes have been either weak, wayward of both.

Edit - here's the post, from 21 November:

Make that 38 :oops:

Shot Attempts (from inside area) / Shots On Target / Goals (pens)

Eriksen: 38 (11) / 27 / 0
Dele Alli: 25 (13) / 14 / 3
Son: 22 (16) / 15 / 4
Jansen: 20 (15) / 11 / 1 (1)
Lamela: 18 (11) / 13 / 1 (1)
Kane: 18 (12) / 11 / 5 (2)

Once again he showed that when he plays well the team are a much better unit.

So we should be. When he plays well he makes my pants sticky. When he doesn't he can be a passenger

The guy has all the tools and for me has to play every week where possible and practical... but only a month ago I think he should have been dropped

I guess that why Poch is the manager and I'm not

So we should be. When he plays well he makes my pants sticky. When he doesn't he can be a passenger

The guy has all the tools and for me has to play every week where possible and practical... but only a month ago I think he should have been dropped

I guess that why Poch is the manager and I'm not

He has gone through a rough patch i do not think anyone would deny that, however so have a few other players this season. The difference with Eriksen is that he always plays a killer ball ( in most games) and we have very few players who can do that.

I think that because he seems to have been around ( in football) for ages he is still only young and his best years are ahead of him.

I think playing with Lamela in the team it allows Eriksen space and time to get more forward more often.

about time too.
he was really getting irritating. now hope this form lasts, as he is going to see the opposition bear down on him more quickly and brutally.

Interesting stat from the BBC ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38279335 )

Eriksen has been involved in 55 Premier League goals (28 goals, 27 assists) since his debut in September 2013. The only midfielder to better that record over the same period is Chelsea's Eden Hazard, who has scored or set up 60 goals prior to the weekend.
That's irrelevant. He doesn't tackle, for Christ's sake.

Back