• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

poch wont play them, he will go with more or less the same team as today.

im a bit dissapointed Onomah didnt get on. he was due to play in an international tournament but was recalled for the game

Training with the first team will have its merits though. I was hoping he'd get a run out, but I think in reality it would only happen if we were 3 goals up or 2 with hardly any time to play. He's still young so plenty of time.

Interesting one that Grant Hall has joined Blackpool on loan...i didn't realise we signed him from Brighton in 2012 despite him not playing a game for them!

Clark said. "He's thought of highly at Spurs and when I heard that he wasn't staying with Birmingham on loan I made a move to bring him in."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Hall_(footballer)

I don't think he is that highly thought of at Spurs. I'll be very surprised if he ever makes a first team appearance for us. He was brought in from Brighton principally to address a lack of central defenders at development squad level.

He's obviously nowhere near our first team now. And he won't get in ahead of Eric Dier either. I'd say that he's even behind Dominic Ball in the pecking order now. Not to mention that we have an outstanding 17 year old centre back in Cameron Carter Vickers who will be pushing for a first team squad place within a couple of years (possibly after a loan or two). Christian Maghoma (another 17 year old) looks like a decent prospect too.

So I can't see that Grant Hall has a long term future as a Spurs player. He no longer serves a purpose, to put it bluntly.

Hall is like Khlumo a waste of a coat peg at the training ground, he was actually released by Brighton picked up by Lewes and then Brighton got him back but they wanted a fee from us because they thought he was a youth product but he was released so I do not think we paid for him.

I don't think he is that highly thought of at Spurs. I'll be very surprised if he ever makes a first team appearance for us. He was brought in from Brighton principally to address a lack of central defenders at development squad level.

He's obviously nowhere near our first team now. And he won't get in ahead of Eric Dier either. I'd say that he's even behind Dominic Ball in the pecking order now. Not to mention that we have an outstanding 17 year old centre back in Cameron Carter Vickers who will be pushing for a first team squad place within a couple of years (possibly after a loan or two). Christian Maghoma (another 17 year old) looks like a decent prospect too.

So I can't see that Grant Hall has a long term future as a Spurs player. He no longer serves a purpose, to put it bluntly.

I guess we could count Veljkovic into the list of CBs in line before Hall as well :)

Hall will struggle to make it in the Championship. Birmingham lost virtually every game under the old manager, with Hall starting, now they win almost every game and Hall was nowhere to be seen after Rowett came in.

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

"@SpursOfficial: Spurs U21s (v West Ham): Archer, Yedlin, Ogilvie, Ward, Ball, Khumalo (c), Miller, Winks, Akindayini, Onomah, Oduwa. #COYS"

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

That's a strong side and lots of players I really want to see in action over a full 90 minutes. Yedlin starts also.

[h=3]FT: Dev Squad 1-3 Tottenham U21[/h]
23: Goal for Tottenham. Grant Hall's free-kick takes a deflection off the wall which wrong-foots Raphael Spiegel. 0-1

39: GOAL 1-1. Ravel Morrison scores with a superb bicycle kick into the far corner. Great skill

55: GOAL for Tottenham. Harry Winks slots home after a defensive mix up gifts the ball to him in a dangerous position. A poor goal to concede from the Hammers point of view

94: Goal Free-kick to Tottenham in a very dangerous position which Grant Hall scores from, exactly the same as his first. 1-3

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20150109/ft-dev-squad-1-3-tottenham-u21_2236884_4408844

Our U18s lost 4-2 to Porto unfortunately, sounds like we could've done with having CCV at the back but he's with the US at the moment. Sterling and Harrison(pen) with our goals.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial · 23m 23 minutes ago
LOAN UPDATE: Milos Veljkovic has returned to the Club following the conclusion of his loan spell at Middlesbrough.

Good, he was wasting his time there, the last straw was Kalas coming in on loan from Chelsea and going straight into the team ahead of Milos.

Wouldn't mind seeing him getting some games for us while Bentaleb is away and Mason is injured. He wouldn't let us down.

Is he better in midfield or central defence? I know that he plays both.

Probably centre defence. He was certainly very impressive there for Serbia U21's, shutting out a very strong Spain team over two legs in Euro qualifiers.

But he's very capable in both positions. He's not the quickest but he reads the game well and has good positioning. Very composed on the ball.

Back