• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

I have a horrible feeling we're going to get spanked.

If Rooney and Van Persie get half the number of chances we gifted Leicester, they will destroy us. They are on fire at the moment.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put 5 past us.

------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker---Fazio----Vertonghen--Davies

-----------Mason----Bentaleb-----------

---Lennon------Eriksen---------Chadli

-----------------Kane-------------------

on the money. this is our strongest line up but poch wont play it because he wants to fit lamela in

If Rooney and Van Persie get half the number of chances we gifted Leicester, they will destroy us. They are on fire at the moment.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put 5 past us.

That would be my fear, but, I can't see it happening. I think that our performance will be vastly improved from the game on Boxing Day. But, I think we'll lose 3-1, can't decide who will get the goals.

on the money. this is our strongest line up but poch wont play it because he wants to fit lamela in

I pretty much agree with that, Chadli was far more of a threat against Leicester. He put crosses in on his left, got a great shot in on his right and tried to get on the end of crosses, Lamela on the other hand spent the entire game avoiding going wide so as not to expose his inability to cross with his right foot - on the one occasion he was forced wide he couldn't produce the goods - Only Walker offered anything on the right and it was left to Kane and Eriksen to help him out because Lamela either couldn't or wouldn't.

Crosses will be our best way of scoring against Man U and I'd pick Lennon, Chadli and Townsend ahead of Lamela. All three have the ability to cross with one foot and shoot with the other, something Lamela lacks.

Lamelas two best crosses didn't result in goals ... Both Harry Kane missed from just 2-3 yards from goal. A grounder and a header.

Lamelas two best crosses didn't result in goals ... Both Harry Kane missed from just 2-3 yards from goal. A grounder and a header.

He only did two crosses in the game, one a dead ball from which Kane should have scored, the other was a poor effort with his right that Kane had no chance scoring from.

I think you'd find it a hard case to make that the left wing wasn't a significantly more productive attacking outlet to the right in the first half - 4 crosses to 1 (from the unsupported Walker) and 1 shot to none.

He only did two crosses in the game, one a dead ball from which Kane should have scored, the other was a poor effort with his right that Kane had no chance scoring from.

I think you'd find it a hard case to make that the left wing wasn't a significantly more productive attacking outlet to the right in the first half - 4 crosses to 1 (from the unsupported Walker) and 1 shot to none.

There is a Lamela thread for you to continue your Lamela bashing you know :lol:

Last game I had an issue with everyone and I thought eriksen (until he decided to pop up for the goal) and Bentaleb (who I was going to blame if we'd lost for two key incidents) were the worst of the lot.

Lamela set up the move for our first goal and involved in numerous tackles, did a whole lot more than eriksen until he scored. Kane missed, Bentaleb too selfish not to pass to him, otherwise it would have been a very different game for lamela.

Last game I had an issue with everyone and I thought eriksen (until he decided to pop up for the goal) and Bentaleb (who I was going to blame if we'd lost for two key incidents) were the worst of the lot.

Lamela set up the move for our first goal and involved in numerous tackles, did a whole lot more than eriksen until he scored. Kane missed, Bentaleb too selfish not to pass to him, otherwise it would have been a very different game for lamela.

How very dare you....

Back to today's game, we can't afford mistakes or missing players. I hope everyone will be up to it. While I think that eriksen is super talented, I think his biggest problem is going missing for long spells. We really need everyone making themselves count if we want to get at least a point from this.

Lamela for all his averageness...still provides a solid grafting role with his tackling and niggly fouls which I like. Eriksen, Chadli and Bentaleb don't do as as much combined besides pressing. And we need a grafter in there somewhere.

Last edited:
I'm thinking three in the middle to try and bottle Rooney and Mata up with numbers. Dembele, Bentaleb and Mason would be be my call. In this match I don't care if the there is a lot of 'unadventurous' possession for us.
Capoue and Stambouli are too immobile for this one. Paulinho should be nowhere near the team.

Honestly some of the posts on Glory glory just leave me completely bewildered. We are apparently so good we should be spanking teams like Burnley, Crystal Palace every week. These are not pub teams, they've managed to find their way into the elite of football so have something about them. Tomorrow we are playing a Man utd team who'll most likely line up with Mata, Di Maria, Van persie, Rooney, Falcao, Carrick, all of whom are miles better in their respective positions than anyone in our team; yet posters are expecting us to win? This also is a team in a rich vein of form. It's like some fans are setting us up to fail, no wonder fans feel despondent when we don't win with such unrealistic ambitions. I don't want to sound unambitious but considering we fare still developing as a team I would be over the moon with a draw.

They're not a team.

Mata and Rooney are not central midfielders.
All their central defenders are poor.
Van Persie is not the player he was and probably wont be able to play tomorrow.
Falcao has been poor this season.

Look their formation last time out

deGea
Jones McNair Evans
Valencia Mata Carrick Rooney Young
VanPersie Falcao
Enough to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home.

deGea
Jones Carrick Evans
Valencia Carrick Rooney Young
Mata
vPersie Falcao​

Another mess of a formation with players in wrong positions only got a 1-1 draw with a 10 ten Villa side.

Game before that they were outplayed by Liverpool and saved by deGea.

Back