• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
son in law you mean?? actually, if A madrid win La Liga and the CL this season, whats left for Simeone there??? He would have won everything, why not move on to a new challenge

Because we're a smaller club than Athletico - it would be a step backwards. He also doesn't speak any English IIRC.

I think he's better than that. He did that with Everton.

Redknapp had no history of fighting for top 4 before us but it didn't take him long.

At this level they all know how to fish, it's more about the size of the spear. (in this analogy the united "spear" is blunt and broken by years of Marlin hunting)

But he did have a history of beating a 'top 4' side and winning something.

I think people should just breath in and out

who cares where LvG goes? There are other managers out there.

Sherwood has done a very decent job with the crappiest CBs and WBs in the league. I would not be unhappy with him taking another season while we reshuffle. Next manager needs to be done right, we cant go on taking one step forward and then two steps back.

Because we're a smaller club than Athletico - it would be a step backwards. He also doesn't speak any English IIRC.

i think he will be moving anyway......if LVG ends up at Utd then the only big job left is Barca. Surely they will go for Simeone rather than FdB

son in law you mean?? actually, if A madrid win La Liga and the CL this season, whats left for Simeone there??? He would have won everything, why not move on to a new challenge

I really think this is the kind of appointment we should avoid. I worry about managers who have success at one single club over a short period of time, and to boot at a club where they have a special history or connection (as Simeone has with AM). It just doesn't transfer elsewhere that easily, as we've seen with AVB and Ramos.

It's also hard to say who exactly is responsible for the success in these instances - is it down to the current coach, or has someone left a good legacy there that the coach is just carrying on? Maybe he got lucky with a particularly good crop from the academy? Etc.

Of course, maybe Simeone is not one of those guys and is the real deal, but he jumped around clubs in Argentina like a good thing, and just has a slight whiff of flavour-of-the-month about him for me.

His mafia hitman schtick also bugs me.

I think people should just breath in and out

who cares where LvG goes? There are other managers out there.

Sherwood has done a very decent job with the crappiest CBs and WBs in the league. I would not be unhappy with him taking another season while we reshuffle. Next manager needs to be done right, we cant go on taking one step forward and then two steps back.

Seriously?

Timmeh is ripping the club piece by piece. We've got a team/bench full of youth team players because one by one he's isolated all our senior players.

Come on - in just the last 3 days our best/most popular player (Sandro) has fallen out with him and Eriksen sniggered at him and was consequently threatened with being sold. We'd have no players left come September if Timmeh isn't unceremonially dumped asap after the last match.

Seriously?

Timmeh is ripping the club piece by piece. We've got a team/bench full of youth team players because one by one he's isolated all our senior players.

Come on - in just the last 3 days our best/most popular player (Sandro) has fallen out with him and Eriksen sniggered at him and was consequently threatened with being sold. We'd have no players left come September if Timmeh isn't unceremonially dumped asap after the last match.

Eh? What are you referrig to??

You are going to have to back yourself up on this one big time....

Seriously?

????what did Eriksen say

I really think this is the kind of appointment we should avoid. I worry about managers who have success at one single club over a short period of time, and to boot at a club where they have a special history or connection (as Simeone has with AM). It just doesn't transfer elsewhere that easily, as we've seen with AVB and Ramos.

It's also hard to say who exactly is responsible for the success in these instances - is it down to the current coach, or has someone left a good legacy there that the coach is just carrying on? Maybe he got lucky with a particularly good crop from the academy? Etc.

Of course, maybe Simeone is not one of those guys and is the real deal, but he jumped around clubs in Argentina like a good thing, and just has a slight whiff of flavour-of-the-month about him for me.

His mafia hitman schtick also bugs me.

When Simeone took over Atletico, they were sitting 9th in the table. He finsihed 5th, 2 points off 4th in his 1st season.

Then finished 3rd last season. And now sitting 1st, needing to win 2 of the last 3 to guarantee the title and with a very good chance of reaching the CL final.

He's also won the Europa league and King's cup in that time.

He's also had to sell off excellent players and has done this while improving many of the players already at the squad.

From what I can see, Atletico have made a profit of about 50 million Euros in player trading since he arrived....that's exceptional.

He is an incredible motivator and has his players playing above their normal levels and as a team, so they're looking better than they actually are imo. For someone who I don't think speaks English, don't think that will translate to the UK.

Who was that German manager that everyone raved about when AVB went. Manages borussia mongelbach or however you spell it. Think it was that club anyway. What's become of him?

Who was that German manager that everyone raved about when AVB went. Manages borussia mongelbach or however you spell it. Think it was that club anyway. What's become of him?

Favre....he is still doing a good job there

Eriksen sniggered at him and was consequently threatened with being sold. We'd have no players left come September if Timmeh isn't unceremonially dumped asap after the last match.

Yeah, you need to post a source - I imagine something like that being blown way out of proportions if there was even a hint of truth in it.

Sorry if this offends anyone but this new breed of fan of ours that we seem to have taken on since a couple of top four finishes and having an exciting team for a few seasons (under Redknapp) really do get on my wick. I constantly see, all over the internet that our fans will be gutted not to get someone like van Gaal, de Boer now even Simeone.

Sorry guys but you're living in cloud cuckoo land. We're a big club, no doubts about that, but we're not the size where we can expect managers of that ilk managing (in the case of de Boer and Simeone) clubs bigger than our own.

If they come then great, but it's the ridiculous expectancy that makes me mardy. These fans will be angry now if we got someone less well known like Pochettino and would be impatient with him if he didn't start well. I don't like it.

:ross::ross::ross:

That is actually quite hilarious! But you've got to have more than that to back it up - especially the threatening with being sold bit!

The next day he unsolicitedly said this: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ood-fears-eriksen-will-become-transfer-target

It's the same pattern we've seen with Capoue, Holtby, Verts, Dembele, Sandro, (possibly Lamela) and everyone else who has crossed him.

Apparently in the original he also said he'd watched Eriksen play for Holland, but the journalists corrected him in type, rather than put in a (sic).

The next day he unsolicitedly said this: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ood-fears-eriksen-will-become-transfer-target

It's the same pattern we've seen with Capoue, Holtby, Verts, Dembele, Sandro, (possibly Lamela) and everyone else who has crossed him.

Apparently in the original he also said he'd watched Eriksen play for Holland, but the journalists corrected him in type, rather than put in a (sic).

Hmmm...interesting..this 'fear' of Eriksen being sold did indeed come out of the blue. Not sure that counts as Eriksen being 'threatened' with a transfer away though. I certainly agree that he seems to have fallen out with many of our previously established palyers; the Sandro one for me suggests that Lamela may also be a non-injured-non-playing player...

The bolded bit: that is MOST hilarious if true about playing for Holland:ross: do you have a source for that?!!? Comedy gold if true!!

Back