• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Pretty much agree with this. Despite people wanting every employee of THFC to slavishly agree with everything the club delivers in terms of club comms and and everything else it produces and toe the line, players don’t all think like that. His actual commitment on the pitch has should not be questioned as he always gives everything. Ultimately his performance against Liverpool showed that he isn’t good enough for us anymore but he’s always been an easy target because of his comments in the transfer window a few years ago and subsequent comments since. I won’t disagree by putting himself out there he has made himself open to criticism and scrutiny. Me personally, I don’t have a problem with him speaking his mind. Just because most of the people on here worship Levy I don’t understand why they expect everyone to have the same uniform view of them.

My feeling/thoughts on Rose has nothing whatsoever to what i think about Levy. He had a good 12-18 months but seeing has he has been here since 2007 he has been over rated ( imo) and apart from being called " dynamic" ( whatever that means)by his fans he has been crap for the last few seasons.

My feeling/thoughts on Rose has nothing whatsoever to what i think about Levy. He had a good 12-18 months but seeing has he has been here since 2007 he has been over rated ( imo) and apart from being called " dynamic" ( whatever that means)by his fans he has been crap for the last few seasons.

Mate I have replied to you many times trying to explain what 'dynamic' means in this context, but you never respond and instead continually bang this fudging drum! Let me say again - people call Rose 'dynamic' because objectively there are certain things that he does more than Davies, at least when they were both at their peak. Here's comparable stats per 90 mins from the 2016/17 season, where they each played a similar number of minutes:

upload_2020-1-23_17-27-3.png

I'm not saying that means he's a better player than Davies, and I agree that he's been playing crap for a while now. I'm just saying please can you let go of the 'dynamic - whatever that means' bee in your bonnet, just for me?! :p

Strongly wanted by Poocastle apparently
They have 2 LBs out for the season so we might even be able to get a decent fee for the knob

We should well him if we can. We have JV, Sessegnon and davies as options there, and we need to move on to a new era. Getting him and eriksen out would be a good start in that

Mate I have replied to you many times trying to explain what 'dynamic' means in this context, but you never respond and instead continually bang this fudging drum! Let me say again - people call Rose 'dynamic' because objectively there are certain things that he does more than Davies, at least when they were both at their peak. Here's comparable stats per 90 mins from the 2016/17 season, where they each played a similar number of minutes:

View attachment 8102

I'm not saying that means he's a better player than Davies, and I agree that he's been playing crap for a while now. I'm just saying please can you let go of the 'dynamic - whatever that means' bee in your bonnet, just for me?! :p

If its makes you happy sure, but dynamic could also mean throwing himself into last ditch tackles because he has got out of position and then has to dive in.:D

If its makes you happy sure, but dynamic could also mean throwing himself into last ditch tackles because he has got out of position and then has to dive in.:D
Davies is an OK left back. Rose was a good left back for a few years, but not really now (not sure how much is permanent and how much being told that he won’t get a new contract). Upgrading on both now shouldn’t be too hard.

Sessegnon is potential. But sadly we once again show how our transfer policy looks muddled.
We don't buy logically and still act like lightweights. We buy players that are nowhere near ready for the Premier League and throw them in due to injuries and all in the hunt for bargains. This is fine but we cannot do this so often. Sessegnon is a great lad with bags of potential. We sold KWP rightly but he was no worse than Ryan at left-back.

Sessegnon is ready for the first team and I think that he has looked ok, although he had a poor game on Wednesday. He's played at left back earlier than planned but, on the whole, hasn't done any worse than the other players filling in and has played better than our only fit left back.

We are not in a position where we can afford to buy too four quality, finished article players, in every position. We have to take some punts and buy some young players and develop them. We've done really well at this over the last decade or so.

Sessegnon is ready for the first team and I think that he has looked ok, although he had a poor game on Wednesday. He's played at left back earlier than planned but, on the whole, hasn't done any worse than the other players filling in and has played better than our only fit left back.

We are not in a position where we can afford to buy too four quality, finished article players, in every position. We have to take some punts and buy some young players and develop them. We've done really well at this over the last decade or so.

thats the thing he is better than “OK” when playing in say the Son position or even on the right! Which I’ve seen him play! He stopped playing left back two years ago!

To think that he was close to joining Chelsea for £50m a couple of seasons ago. That's been our big failure over the past couple of seasons, not selling players at peak value and reinvesting in the squad.
To play devils advocate here... when Levy has done that in the past (Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale, Walker) he’s been unilaterally pillared by fans and media for just looking to sell our best players.

Back