• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Finally!....

I think it is now almost certain that Rudiger mistook the 'cheat, cheat, cheat' chants as monkey noises. It is a shame that we haven't heard from Rudiger, Chelsea or the football authorities on what Rudiger felt he saw/heard. Do we even yet know whether Rudiger claimed to have seen or heard the alleged racist abuse? If he says he saw it then it becomes perfectly provable either way via the video footage, so Spurs can either be exonerated or the opposite instantly.

If Rudiger only heard the racist abuse then we need to know what he felt he heard.... If it was from a section of the crowd then it can only have been the 'cheat, cheat, cheat' chant and I think Tottenham would need a formal apology from many people and publications.

If Rudiger claims to have heard a lone voice, then there could be no apology as it would be just about impossible to disprove, but Rudiger's credibility would have to be questioned in this instance.

Thinking about this further I would imagine that there would've been a boom microphone for the broadcast placed very close to where the incident took place. I would also imagine that the audio from every mic is recorded. It should therefore be reasonably easy for Tottenham to request the recorded footage from that isolated boom mic and listen to that couple of minutes or so of recording after Rudiger sustained those broken ribs leading to Son being sent off. There is no way that the boom mic would not pick up anything that Rudiger could've heard so this should provide a reasonably certain judgement either way.

It would also be great if Rudiger could listen to that same recording himself. If he was man enough then perhaps he would also come out and publically admit that he mistook the 'cheat, cheat, cheat' chant as monkey noises, thanks the authorities for the protocols and investigation and apologises to Spurs and their fans for misconstruing the chanting as racism. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen, which is a shame as I think doing this would potentially be a good thing to help improve the anti racism agenda.

Last edited:
If it didn't happen, then why isn't silence good enough? The only thing that matters is how we behave next week, and from then on after that. I don't need people telling me I'm not racist to feel good about myself - I just need to not be racist myself and act within my own values. I don't need an investigation to prove (or disprove) whether spurs is an anti-racist place; I know my own experience and I know how I am expected to behave when I'm there. That's good enough, and why do we need more?

We haven't seen any more bananas being thrown and no one worries about it. By the same token, no more chants, and no one will worry about it. It's the only thing that matters

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If it didn't happen, then why isn't silence good enough? The only thing that matters is how we behave next week, and from then on after that. I don't need people telling me I'm not racist to feel good about myself - I just need to not be racist myself and act within my own values. I don't need an investigation to prove (or disprove) whether spurs is an anti-racist place; I know my own experience and I know how I am expected to behave when I'm there. That's good enough, and why do we need more?

We haven't seen any more bananas being thrown and no one worries about it. By the same token, no more chants, and no one will worry about it. It's the only thing that matters

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Because our brand is a lot more important than your opinion.

Because our brand is a lot more important than your opinion.

I believe our brand will be just fine. On another track, why is that I have been to countless away games and heard hissing and auschwitz songs along with seig heil salutes yet the only thing which gets in the press is us using the words “yid” and “yiddos”?

Seriously the player should press charges and the club help identify the racist bugger and the police and public justice system should handle it.

No need to make this about club history culture etc....

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Seriously the player should press charges and the club help identify the racist bugger and the police and public justice system should handle it.

No need to make this about club history culture etc....

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Or maybe, just maybe, he was mistaken or making it up?

If the police could prosecute someone for this they’d be falling over themselves to do it after the unanimous public outrage at racist Spurs fans.

Do you still think something happened then @metalgear ? Even though the club said they’ve found no evidence of it so far?

Or maybe, just maybe, he was mistaken or making it up?

If the police could prosecute someone for this they’d be falling over themselves to do it after the unanimous public outrage at racist Spurs fans.

Do you still think something happened then @metalgear ? Even though the club said they’ve found no evidence of it so far?

Clearly no hard evidence available as others have pointed it out, and I think our club PR guys were sleeping not to make a point about it, or our stand around racism.

THST statement on investigations into allegations made at our home game against Chelsea
1/3/2020

It’s now 12 days since allegations that Antonio Rüdiger was racially abused by the home crowd at the Premier League game between Spurs and Chelsea on Sunday 22 December. In the interests of all concerned, there now needs to be a clear statement on what has been established by the investigation THFC announced immediately after the game.

Either there was racist abuse, or there wasn’t. If racist abuse occurred, the perpetrators must be punished. If none occurred, the reputation of Tottenham Hotspur fans must be cleared.

We understand the need for any investigation to be conducted properly. We acknowledge that the number of working days over the Christmas and New Year period presented a challenge. And we have been mindful of the need to refrain from comment while the investigation was in progress. Too many people have rushed to judgement before being sure of the facts.

But the lack of any update from either the Club or the Police after the initial Club statement on 23 December, other than a brief reference to the investigation being ongoing on 24 December, is leading to increasing levels of speculation and conjecture. The time has come for the facts as they are known to be laid out.

We have continuously urged for a swift conclusion throughout the festive period and now publicly call upon THFC and the Metropolitan Police to clarify as a matter of urgency what facts have been established, and what still remains to investigate.

THST Board
3 January 2020

^^
Just read that THST statement.

Really, what is the point? What does it add or how does it help?
Maybe, just maybe, the club actually know what they are doing in this instance (plus it is still the holiday period).
It's a no win situation for the club (unless Rudiger is willing to say he misheard), so perhaps leave it to them to decide when the most appropriate time for a statement is?

Back