• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Just playing devils advocate: What happens if "one day" a player pretends to receive abuse just to stir up trouble? But no evidence is ever found.

Players sometimes feign injury to get others sent off so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen. In that case would media pundits etc just believe it happened and the player gets away with it?

Just playing devils advocate: What happens if "one day" a player pretends to receive abuse just to stir up trouble? But no evidence is ever found.

Players sometimes feign injury to get others sent off so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possible that it could happen. In that case would media pundits etc just believe it happened and the player gets away with it?

Nothing I guess
It’s his word vs others
Issue of course is we know football players are liars

Share the full details of the investigation with Chelsea, show them the CCTV footage, let them listen to the audio - and ideally have them confirm our findings (although they might not want to go that far).
Then the club would need to put a hell of a lot of thought into how they word whatever statement they put out. We don't want accusations of sweeping anything under the carpet.

So the club gets tarnished? It’s a tough one and clearly rudiger is not going to say perhaps he misheard the chant for boos.
Innocent until proven guilty still stands in this country. People like Gary Neville are going on like it was akin to the events in Bulgaria which was clear for all to see.

So they can't identify 'monkey' chanting from the CCTV footage and no one has any record of it? If it turns out this is a mistake on Rudiger's part, what happens?

Surely at the very least Sky, Tyler and that self-righteous clam Gary Neville owe our entire club an apology?

I guess that would depend, at least to a degree, on whether Rudiger is willing to accept that he might have been mistaken.

Based on what I've seen of his social media activity since yesterday, that seems highly unlikely.

Players sometimes feign injury to get others sent off so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen. In that case would media pundits etc just believe it happened and the player gets away with it?

I would hate to imagine that could happen. But in this day and age when it seems people will do anything to get some kind of advantage its hard to rule it out from happening.

The club is handling this whole situation brilliantly IMO. Quick response, thorough investigation and subtle criticism of how the ref/media handled what is so far only an incident of alleged racism.

If there was racist chants from our fans, I want them banned from NWHL for life. There's absolutely no room for racism at our club, let alone football or society in general.

But if no evidence is found, it raises some very interesting questions about how the ref and the media/pundits handled the situation. I'll forgive Rudiger - if he thought he heard racist abuse, he should report it. From his reaction, he clearly did. If you have 50.000 fans booing you, mishearing abuse is certainly plausible.

The bigger issue is how this was dealt with, and from what has emerged so far, it looks like both the ref and the media/pundits have some explaining to do. Someone, based on what we know so far, quite clearly rushed to conclusions too soon.

I was gobsmacked at how hard Tyler and Neville went in without knowing any of the facts, other than the 'incident' had been reported.

It was sickening how quickly Neville went on ranting about what a disgrace some of our fan base are.

What they should have said (like any decent journo would) is ''there's an alleged incident concerning racist abuse, it's been reported, we don't know the full facts and won't comment further."

The comparison to Bulgaria and immediate aspersions cast at wider culture was quite frankly shameful.

I guess that would depend, at least to a degree, on whether Rudiger is willing to accept that he might have been mistaken.

Based on what I've seen of his social media activity since yesterday, that seems highly unlikely.
But he did also make similar claims in Italy that got chucked out although Murder would get chucked out over there if it suited some clubs

Apparently the club safety officer took it upon himself to replay the message the 2nd and 3rd times. This was not part of any protocol. It made it same like they're was continuing racist abuse in the stadium.

The big thing here is rudiger alleged someone did the monkey gesture at him, so that is easy to spot on camera and if no evidence of that is found then its clear he made it up in the heat of the moment, perhaps as a way to get back at the fans who were dishing out vociferous verbals at him.

You cannot misinterpret a monkey gesture or monkey sounds.

I thought it was very telling in his tweets earlier today where he says something along the lines of ‘if the cameras dont catch the culprits I hope witnesses will come forward’.

Why would you suspect cameras would not pick up a monkey gesture? Hmmmm.

If any Spurs fan has done this then absolutely ban them for life but if no evidence is found then rudiger clearly made it up as you cannot in all likelihood misinterpret such actions and thus rudiger himself should be banned indefinitely.

He wont be though of course, it will be ‘oh poor rudiger with his sore ribs misheard, never-mind’.

I was gobsmacked at how hard Tyler and Neville went in without knowing any of the facts, other than the 'incident' had been reported.

It was sickening how quickly Neville went on ranting about what a disgrace some of our fan base are.

What they should have said (like any decent journo would) is ''there's an alleged incident concerning racist abuse, it's been reported, we don't know the full facts and won't comment further."

The comparison to Bulgaria and immediate aspersions cast at wider culture was quite frankly shameful.

Yeah that was pretty bad tbh. So in Tylers and Nevilles minds racism is bad, but persistent negative prejudice without any proof during a live TV broadcast is fine :)

Footballers and politics should never mix!

Apparently the club safety officer took it upon himself to replay the message the 2nd and 3rd times. This was not part of any protocol. It made it same like they're was continuing racist abuse in the stadium.

If I'm interpreting it correctly, the club's statement seems to suggest it was the referee that requested the message be repeated?

also it seems that a Chelski fan was arrested for racist abuse towards Son. This has not been heavily reported and at this moment is the only factual report of evidence from yesterday.

Sky's slot on their news says "... it must have continued, as half an hour later, the Chelsea Captain spoke to the referee"

BBC's coverage earlier in the day (since revised) said the abuse happened 3 times, subsequently reworded to reflect the three announcements.

A lack of success thus far means it could all be ..... Much Ado About Nothing

Yeah that was pretty bad tbh. So in Tylers and Nevilles minds racism is bad, but persistent negative prejudice without any proof during a live TV broadcast is fine :)

Footballers and politics should never mix!

In fairness to Neville, he's not the only ex-pro that springs to mind on that.

So they can't identify 'monkey' chanting from the CCTV footage and no one has any record of it? If it turns out this is a mistake on Rudiger's part, what happens?

Surely at the very least Sky, Tyler and that self-righteous clam Gary Neville owe our entire club an apology?
Even more importantly, what happens if it didn't happen and he wasn't mistaken?

If that did happen "one day" my money would be on Chelsea or Victimpool doing it.

If nothing is found then perhaps the football authorities should invite Rudiger to review his allegation and perhaps taken in for further questioning.

It’s ok to make a genuine mistake but if left without any charges will leave us hanging under a cloud and would also undermine the stance taken on anti racism.

Back