• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Ive been recording Bodyguard, havent bothered watching yet.

I dont like anyone in it, but it was getting such positive reviews I figured Id give it a go. Starting to think I might just delete it now...

Don’t let the hype put you off it’s a good yarn. But don’t over think it!
It’s a good action political based thriller. But like all these type of hyped films/TV series not for everyone.
I’m a big ‘between the lines’ fan, which it is like it in pace and plot.

It couldn't be worse than Mr Robot
I waded through the whole first series, it was just ludicrous, then more ludicrous, then unbelievably ludicrous, then after about 7 hours the main character realised the other 2 main characters were his sister and his dad.... then a couple of hours later he realises that his dad is himself... his dad doesn't exist... he's been talking to himself the whole time, it was just UTTER UTTER BULLSH*T and I wasted 10 hours watching this tripe. A 10 year old could have written a better and more plausible story.

Spoilers!!!! - (I actually ditched it about 1 episode after Christian Slater appeared - Rule of life if he is in a show just get rid - Archer excepted)

It’s a good action political based thriller. But like all these type of hyped films/TV series not for everyone.

Ill give it a go, but I dont know if itll stick.

Cant remember the last time the BBC produced a drama I really enjoyed.

Peaky Blinders doesnt count, its a joint HBO effort ;)

Was decent until the last ep I thought. Its no Line of Duty though

Bodyguard is a BBC and Netflix collaboration I believe. being shown on Netflix in the US(?)

No TV copes well with too much scrutiny.
I've been enjoying No Offence on C4 but its just daft and yet still entertaining, nothing more. These things are only useful for when there is no footy ont telly!

Was decent until the last ep I thought. Its no Line of Duty though

It was OK+, there are some bloody stupid plots in LOD as well but I love it and the Bodyguard.

it's like Killing Eve, the wife and I both find it mildly entertaining. but nothing more.

Watching Black Earth Rising on BBC2 on Mondays,its slow haul and bit hard to follow but acting is superb,the story is absorbing too,sometimes its ok to watch something that you need to think about.(It did have a line of duty moment that was very surprising in Ep 2)

Watching Black Earth Rising on BBC2 on Mondays,its slow haul and bit hard to follow but acting is superb,the story is absorbing too,sometimes its ok to watch something that you need to think about.(It did have a line of duty moment that was very surprising in Ep 2)

Ive no issue with a slow burn, it just needs to catch my interest - will give it a go

loved killing eve - was made by the same person as Fleabag - it does get a bit baggy / questionable decisions halfway through but overall was good. The character Villanelle was brilliant throughout and the actress playing her did a great job.

Imo - The point of that scene was to make you realize she is a bit of a screw up and not part of the establishment rather than strong independent woman.

Disappointed overall.
Great start, after episode three it lost its way imho.
There is a series 2 coming think I’ll pass!

Disappointed overall.
the middle had a lot of very questionable decision making just to move the plot along but I thought it found its feet again - i thought Cormer was brilliant throughout.

Disappointed overall.

That was why it was poor; you can't have that sort of set-up and then keep both the leads for the next season. See also Handmaid's Tale.

One of the reasons that Maniac, on Netflix currently, is worth watching is that it was explicitly designed to be a one off.

That was why it was poor; you can't have that sort of set-up and then keep both the leads for the next season. See also Handmaid's Tale.

One of the reasons that Maniac, on Netflix currently, is worth watching is that it was explicitly designed to be a one off.

Not a horror fan.
But series 2 syndrome is a big turn off with Mrs H and I’m going that way myself.
Loved The Night of and the first True detective. Diserpointed to see bodyguard is getting the same treatment.
But there are many that I do watch like Game of Thrones.

Back